MindRomp Forum

MindRomp Forum (http://mindromp.org/forum/index.php)
-   Rompus Room (http://mindromp.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Random Romps (http://mindromp.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1089)

Gonzo 31st May 2012 04:31 PM

Random Romps
 
A thread for all of the things.

Ripping off a famous thread authored by my internet nemesis. I feel no guilt, I seek only pleasure.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr...pp27o1_500.gif

Magicziggy 2nd June 2012 01:08 PM

This is random. Did I tell you about my bin? As in garbage bin. I know I need to write in many dialects here.

Anyway, my bin.. It's the blue bin actually. Thats for all the household rubbish that can't go in the yellow recycle bin or green garden waste bin. So I have three bins. I only use two as there is no garden here .. Although curiously I do have a green bin . It's taken me about a month to half fill the yellow bin. But I digress.. The blue bin.

There are ten flats/ units/ apartments in my block. It's a normal sized block so you can imagine that bin collection day is a bit of a free for all to get the things lined up on the side if the road so they can be emptied. Actually the green and yellows are alternate weeks. The blue is every week.

So some fucker has been putting their rubbish / garbage/ trash in my bin. And it gets full by about Tuesday and bin collection is on Monday. First I thought I had id'd the culprit. Single white female with purple bin bags. I saw her taking them out and then lo and behold my bin is overflowing with purple bin bags. Then the bin is mysteriously put out for me on Sunday night but by Wednesday still hasn't been brought in. In fact its lying forlornly on its side on the pavement/ sidewalk. So I bring it in. Three hours later it's got more bags in it. White ones this time. And some trashed mail. Aha.. A lead .. Hmmm flat 6.. Indian couple.. Not much of a lead.. I often dump junk mail in the nearest available bin. Not quite the same as the volume my bin is being subjected to.

I'm thinking of a sting operation. Or retaliation. Defintitely going to spray paint a skull on the lid. These people are nuts.

Gonzo 2nd June 2012 05:07 PM

nothing-says-you-spend-too-much-time-on-the-internet-like-a-meme-cake

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...pg?w=500&h=367

oblivion 2nd June 2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magicziggy (Post 46605)
This is random. Did I tell you about my bin? As in garbage bin. I know I need to write in many dialects here.

Anyway, my bin.. It's the blue bin actually. Thats for all the household rubbish that can't go in the yellow recycle bin or green garden waste bin. So I have three bins. I only use two as there is no garden here .. Although curiously I do have a green bin . It's taken me about a month to half fill the yellow bin. But I digress.. The blue bin.

There are ten flats/ units/ apartments in my block. It's a normal sized block so you can imagine that bin collection day is a bit of a free for all to get the things lined up on the side if the road so they can be emptied. Actually the green and yellows are alternate weeks. The blue is every week.

So some fucker has been putting their rubbish / garbage/ trash in my bin. And it gets full by about Tuesday and bin collection is on Monday. First I thought I had id'd the culprit. Single white female with purple bin bags. I saw her taking them out and then lo and behold my bin is overflowing with purple bin bags. Then the bin is mysteriously put out for me on Sunday night but by Wednesday still hasn't been brought in. In fact its lying forlornly on its side on the pavement/ sidewalk. So I bring it in. Three hours later it's got more bags in it. White ones this time. And some trashed mail. Aha.. A lead .. Hmmm flat 6.. Indian couple.. Not much of a lead.. I often dump junk mail in the nearest available bin. Not quite the same as the volume my bin is being subjected to.

I'm thinking of a sting operation. Or retaliation. Defintitely going to spray paint a skull on the lid. These people are nuts.

This happened to us once years ago. There were these trash can sheds out by the carports, scattered through the complex. When we got to the bottom of it, we learned that the person filling up our trash can thought it was her trash can. It was sorted with minimal fuss.

a spray painted skull might do the trick!

borealis 2nd June 2012 06:51 PM

Hmm. We have blue bags for recyclables, green bags for garbage, papers/magazines go out in a plastic grocery bag, and we have big green municipality-issued compost bins into which all organics, including veg, meat, fish, edible oil, boxboard (think cereal boxes), small amounts of garden waste must be put. They each have a computer chip which links that compost bin to the municipal address.

Biggest problem out here is black bears in early spring. They like meaty fishy oily compost.

borealis 2nd June 2012 09:23 PM

I'm singing and playing one song solo this evening, three others with my group. It'll only be 80 to 100 local people in the audience, it's just a benefit show for someone, so why am I as usual all freaked out about soloing? :hair:

MSG 2nd June 2012 10:47 PM

what style of singing?

Gonzo 3rd June 2012 12:18 AM

It's interesting to cashier... people come through the line... some very happy, some very impatient and angry, some quite obviously poor, some obviously doing quite well for themselves, some young and crazy, some old and senile, some distressed and not doing so well...

I suppose if you do it long enough the emotion turns to: eh, just people. Fuck 'em all, but I find it kind of therapeutic.

Gonzo 3rd June 2012 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by borealis (Post 46635)
I'm singing and playing one song solo this evening, three others with my group. It'll only be 80 to 100 local people in the audience, it's just a benefit show for someone, so why am I as usual all freaked out about soloing? :hair:

What song?

Doing a solo takes courage, good luck!

borealis 3rd June 2012 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSG (Post 46651)
what style of singing?

Song was Wild Goose by Wade Hemsworth, Canadian songwriter who mostly wrote about Northern Ontario wilderness in the forties. There's a vid of him singing it online, but I've completely rearranged it until it's not even the same tune.

So a folk song, chords Am, D, Dm, F, G, C.

borealis 3rd June 2012 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 46664)
Quote:

Originally Posted by borealis (Post 46635)
I'm singing and playing one song solo this evening, three others with my group. It'll only be 80 to 100 local people in the audience, it's just a benefit show for someone, so why am I as usual all freaked out about soloing? :hair:

What song?

Doing a solo takes courage, good luck!

See above. :)

And it went really well, I got a lot of ego boosting compliments, including from several local musicians I really respect. :yes:

But o man I was so nervous I could barely find the first chord.

MSG 3rd June 2012 02:41 AM

hippie folk music. figures...



[:hehe:]

borealis 3rd June 2012 02:43 AM

Worse: really really old hippie folk music!

You should hear me sing Omie Wise. :grin:

nostrum 3rd June 2012 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oblivion (Post 46629)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Magicziggy (Post 46605)
This is random. Did I tell you about my bin? As in garbage bin. I know I need to write in many dialects here.

Anyway, my bin.. It's the blue bin actually. Thats for all the household rubbish that can't go in the yellow recycle bin or green garden waste bin. So I have three bins. I only use two as there is no garden here .. Although curiously I do have a green bin . It's taken me about a month to half fill the yellow bin. But I digress.. The blue bin.

There are ten flats/ units/ apartments in my block. It's a normal sized block so you can imagine that bin collection day is a bit of a free for all to get the things lined up on the side if the road so they can be emptied. Actually the green and yellows are alternate weeks. The blue is every week.

So some fucker has been putting their rubbish / garbage/ trash in my bin. And it gets full by about Tuesday and bin collection is on Monday. First I thought I had id'd the culprit. Single white female with purple bin bags. I saw her taking them out and then lo and behold my bin is overflowing with purple bin bags. Then the bin is mysteriously put out for me on Sunday night but by Wednesday still hasn't been brought in. In fact its lying forlornly on its side on the pavement/ sidewalk. So I bring it in. Three hours later it's got more bags in it. White ones this time. And some trashed mail. Aha.. A lead .. Hmmm flat 6.. Indian couple.. Not much of a lead.. I often dump junk mail in the nearest available bin. Not quite the same as the volume my bin is being subjected to.

I'm thinking of a sting operation. Or retaliation. Defintitely going to spray paint a skull on the lid. These people are nuts.

This happened to us once years ago. There were these trash can sheds out by the carports, scattered through the complex. When we got to the bottom of it, we learned that the person filling up our trash can thought it was her trash can. It was sorted with minimal fuss.

a spray painted skull might do the trick!

fashion a lock for it. I know what these apartment dweller types are like. Now it's purple bags, next week it'll be body parts, you mark my works

nostrum 3rd June 2012 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by borealis (Post 46714)
Worse: really really old hippie folk music!

You should hear me sing Omie Wise. :grin:

sound bite OINH

charlou 3rd June 2012 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nostrum (Post 46822)
Quote:

Originally Posted by borealis (Post 46714)
Worse: really really old hippie folk music!

You should hear me sing Omie Wise. :grin:

sound bite OINH

And we have just the spot for it: http://mindromp.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1088

charlou 3rd June 2012 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magicziggy (Post 46605)
I'm thinking of a sting operation. Or retaliation. Defintitely going to spray paint a skull on the lid. These people are nuts.

tehehehe

Magicziggy 3rd June 2012 12:36 PM

At what point do I give up on the washing ever drying because it keeps raining?

borealis 3rd June 2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nostrum (Post 46822)
Quote:

Originally Posted by borealis (Post 46714)
Worse: really really old hippie folk music!

You should hear me sing Omie Wise. :grin:

sound bite OINH

If I could figure out

1. How to produce a sound bite, and
2. How to upload it and where

I might very timidly comply.

Gonzo 3rd June 2012 01:43 PM

Raidiohead concert in... 3 days!



Gonzo 3rd June 2012 02:24 PM


oblivion 3rd June 2012 04:29 PM

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...86977630_n.jpg

Gonzo 3rd June 2012 06:41 PM

The Five Remembrances
Quote:


I am of the nature to grow old.
There is no way to escape growing old.
I am of the nature to have ill heath.
There is no way to escape having ill health.
I am of the nature to die.
There is no way to escape death.
All that is dear to me and everyone I love are of the nature of change. There is no way to escape being separated from them.
My deeds are my closest companions.
I am the beneficiary of my deeds.
My deeds are the ground on which I stand.


Gonzo 3rd June 2012 06:53 PM

I came across a turtle! :3

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...70618839_n.jpg

:turtle:

ericv00 4th June 2012 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nostrum (Post 46821)
next week it'll be body parts, you mark my works

Freudian slip?


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2011-2018 MindRomp.org