MindRomp Forum

MindRomp Forum (http://mindromp.org/forum/index.php)
-   Mafia (http://mindromp.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Mafia variant on twitch... (http://mindromp.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3912)

Zeluvia 16th September 2020 04:31 AM

Mafia variant on twitch...

When he says "This is my first time playing Imposter" ....

The game is called Among Us. It's randomized who gets to be the Imposter, and the Imposters must kill people to win. Once the Imposters outnumber the others, they win. Basic mafia. There are tasks that need to be done, but Imposters can't do the tasks, they can only do kills.

https://innersloth.itch.io/among-us

borealis 16th September 2020 01:19 PM

Interesting.

MondoVman 16th September 2020 06:02 PM

Feckless, aka lacking feck

Gonzo 27th September 2020 01:38 PM

Zeluvia have you ever played Town of Salem? It's on Steam. It's basically just very quick games of mafia.

Zeluvia 27th September 2020 05:37 PM

Hey Gonzo!

no, I will take a look :)

gib 28th September 2020 12:31 AM

i just watched a different youtube of this and carrotman was in that one too

Carlsson 28th September 2020 12:31 AM

I have tried it, definately a blast with a group of friends! But it rarely reaches the deeper discussions that can be found in forum form.

Zeluvia 28th September 2020 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gib (Post 462566)

Yeah its a group of streamers that are playing together, some are quite famous, like PewDiePie, The Swedish Streamer, although like Carlsson, he sucks at the game.

:pandaroll:

Timewave 28th September 2020 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gib (Post 462566)

Hi gib, nice to see you here.
How are tricks? The chooks and the wife?

gib 28th September 2020 11:00 PM

one of the chickens is tame and will perch on my arm like a fat falcon

Zeluvia 28th September 2020 11:26 PM

the peasant's falcon!

longhair75 29th September 2020 12:13 AM

My next door neighbors have chickens. When they are released form their pen they follow her around the yard squawking

gib 29th September 2020 10:38 PM

it looks like the 'night cycle' ends when the townies have done the mindnumbing puzzles and the scum team have until then to do their kills

then you get the text based 'day cycle' where, at least in the youtubes i watched, no one really does any scumhunting, someone just claims to have witnessed a kill, or someone hanging around, or something and everyone rushes to vote

Zeluvia 30th September 2020 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gib (Post 462616)
it looks like the 'night cycle' ends when the townies have done the mindnumbing puzzles and the scum team have until then to do their kills

then you get the text based 'day cycle' where, at least in the youtubes i watched, no one really does any scumhunting, someone just claims to have witnessed a kill, or someone hanging around, or something and everyone rushes to vote

The game has multiple options that can be set in the lobby before it starts.
For example, you can choose to show if the person that was ejected was scum or not, most lobbies choose not to show.

The townies can win by completing all tasks and answering all alarms before the scum team gets all it's kills done. There are "helpful" things on each map. Scum can use various "vents" and "tunnels" to move around the map that Townies can't, but townies can access "logs" that will show what doors people passed, so if you know the map well, you could possibly find "scum" that used a vent to travel. Some maps have a "scanner" that a player steps in and it will tell if he is an imposter. And there are "cameras" in some maps, that show what is going on in some areas that townies can use. There are buttons to call meetings, or report bodies, which is when you see them use no logic or sense whatsoever to vote the wrong person out.

Mantisdreamz 30th September 2020 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gib (Post 462592)

she is your pet now. You can't kill her. What have you named her?

gib 30th September 2020 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeluvia (Post 462618)
Quote:

Originally Posted by gib (Post 462616)

The game has multiple options that can be set in the lobby before it starts.
For example, you can choose to show if the person that was ejected was scum or not, most lobbies choose not to show.

The townies can win by completing all tasks and answering all alarms before the scum team gets all it's kills done. There are "helpful" things on each map. Scum can use various "vents" and "tunnels" to move around the map that Townies can't, but townies can access "logs" that will show what doors people passed, so if you know the map well, you could possibly find "scum" that used a vent to travel. Some maps have a "scanner" that a player steps in and it will tell if he is an imposter. And there are "cameras" in some maps, that show what is going on in some areas that townies can use. There are buttons to call meetings, or report bodies, which is when you see them use no logic or sense whatsoever to vote the wrong person out.

in all the ones i watched a new round started by stating how many imposters remained

gib 30th September 2020 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mantisdreamz (Post 462627)
Quote:

she is your pet now. You can't kill her. What have you named her?

Tufty

they're layers anyway, only killed if terminally ill, but yeah it will be horrible to dispatch this one

Zeluvia 1st October 2020 07:07 AM

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/756693138

Skip to where they start, you can see all the settings for the game on the side of his screen.

Jerome 3rd October 2020 02:16 AM

I have already dominated this variant of the game in the name of Raven. You are welcome.

I have and do appropriate what she provided for me in regards the game.

Cheers to Raven!

:mystery:

gib 3rd October 2020 10:33 PM

good to see you jerome. can you tell me more about this restructuring of the world economy

divagreen 6th October 2020 08:03 PM

Quote:

Pictures plz

Cunt 6th October 2020 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gib (Post 462721)
good to see you jerome. can you tell me more about this restructuring of the world economy

Why does ant eef a dot com (which is worldwide) redirect to a national, political fundraising campaign?

MondoVman 8th October 2020 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cunt (Post 462798)
Quote:

Why does ant eef a dot com (which is worldwide) redirect to a national, political fundraising campaign?

Welcome to the 21st century, Cunt.
The registered owners of that ant eef etc website were also
savvy enough to hide themselves behind a WhoisGuard account.
Back to your question, I can register a domain name at GoDaddy and
have it point to any IP I choose or redirect-point to another domain
name, in this case JoeBlowJob.com.

Cunt 8th October 2020 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MondoVman (Post 462824)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cunt (Post 462798)
Quote:

Welcome to the 21st century, Cunt.
The registered owners of that ant eef etc website were also
savvy enough to hide themselves behind a WhoisGuard account.
Back to your question, I can register a domain name at GoDaddy and
have it point to any IP I choose or redirect-point to another domain
name, in this case JoeBlowJob.com.

I think the reason it was done, was to poke at a sore spot belonging to the Dems.

They tease them about it in person, too. Until they clarify their relationship to antifa, it's probably going to keep happening.

It sure makes it looks like antifa belongs to the Democratic party in the US.

Jerome 9th October 2020 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cunt (Post 462825)
antifa=cia

:getonwithit: