View Single Post
Old 21st August 2015, 03:10 PM   #282804  /  #15
borealis
poikilothermic

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Canada
From article:

Quote:
“There is something very Stalinesque about Harper,” remarks Harris. “My bottom line on this guy is, he hates democracy. He doesn’t care about truth and cares only about the perception of what benefits him. In that way he’s way worse [than his predecessors].”
Yes. It's the creepiest thing about him, and horrifyingly what staunch conservatives seem to like.

And this:

Quote:
If there is one area in which Harper is particularly vulnerable, it’s the charge that he runs one of the most undemocratic regimes in Canadian history – and has undermined and abused democratic institutions and procedures at every turn. In fact, he is the only Canadian prime minister to be found in contempt of Parliament, which occurred in 2011 after his government refused to release costs on certain programs to opposition MPs.
which supporters seem blind to.

Strongest reason to dump him: omnibus bills:

Quote:
In 2012, one of the omnibus bills, C-38, completely gutted Canada’s environmental laws, cut $36-billion from health care funding, weakened Canada’s food inspectors through job cuts, and made it harder to qualify for EI benefits.
...Oh god the rest of the article is making me feel so depressed.

If I knew anyone who voted Conservative I'd make them read this article.

Ontario, ffs get rid of this guy!