Old 25th June 2020, 08:10 AM   #460335  /  #2959
Mantisdreamz
corridors, refectories and files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeluvia View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantisdreamz View Post
Thanks Cunt

With the a/c .. its one of those Samsung units that you put on the wall.. it's a thermal pump. The remote for it works fine. Tried resetting the fuse. Got up on a ladder to try to mess with the external controls.. nothing.

Trust me, I'm a fan of trying to fix it yourself rather than calling someone. One time fixed the washing machine by taking it apart and removing a small child sock from the hose.

But in this case, I think it might be potentially dangerous to try to troubleshoot it myself.

The bedroom is not sleep able right now. We've moved to the basement and the baby is sleeping in the playpen right now with a fan on her, in the basement. She was up every hour last night, due to the heat (have the crib in the bedroom). And I was not planning on going through that again tonight. Right now, she's slept for 3 hours straight so far.. so it's a lot better.

Don't be scared.

1. Make sure the power is off.

2. Watch out for capacitors.

There are now youtube videos on fixing almost everything.
Oh I know. My instinct is telling me that it's an issue with the control panel... or something like that.

I've examined the fan and hose outside.. can't see anything that seems off out there.

The only thing I haven't done, is to try to see if there is a way to do a factory reset of the unit itself.

For the washing machine - the reset of the machine involves opening and closing the lid, I think like 6 times, in a matter of 30 seconds. It's one of those weird things.

So maybe this has something like.. hold the power button down for 15 seconds or something.

I was thinking about that earlier today.. so will look it up to see if a series of things need to be done in order to reset the unit. I've got enough time before the technician comes here, at least.
Mantisdreamz is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom