Links
Portal |  Forum | Core Values | 
MindRomp Forum  

FAQ Janitors Arcade
Go Back   MindRomp Forum > General Discussion > News, Sports & Politics

News, Sports & Politics Hello, good evening, and welcome...

View Poll Results: Is 'critical race theory' just organized racism?
Yes 0 0%
No 1 100.00%
Cheese/bacon/don't dare answer seriously 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19th October 2020, 02:11 AM   #463251  /  #101
longhair75
rose tints my world and keeps me safe

Quote:
Originally Posted by borealis View Post
Mr.b works with hundreds of other trades workers all over the country. Some of these union guys will head to the US for work if there's a shortage in Canada. Mr. b passes on some of the stories they have to tell, and it sure seems like there's little generational change in some parts of the US, at least among the trades.

Then again, in some places they don't like Canadian workers much either. People Mr.b has heard from report being threatened and even harassed by American workers. And Canadians only take those trade jobs in the US when there's a shortage of workers there, so they aren't 'taking their jobs'.

American workers spend a lot of times harassing each other too. The largest problem is union workers verses non union workers. Local workers do not like "traveler" workers whether they are from Canada, Mexico or the next state over.
Cunt (19th October 2020)
Old 19th October 2020, 02:25 AM   #463252  /  #102
longhair75

I was once a member of Amalgamated Meat Cutters. They were usurped by the UFCW. They struck the plant where I was working. I decided that I needed a paycheck and got another job.I crossed the picket line to get my property out of my locker. I had to fight my way back to my car. No more AMC union for me.

I became a carpenter and joined the Carpenter's Union. Over the five years I belonged to the union, there was very little work available. Weirdly enough, the union leadership continued to recruit new members even though they were unable to place them at job sites. While I was laid off, I found another job working with a scab (non union) crew building houses. One day about lunch time a business agent from the Union Hall came by to see if he could recruit us into the union.

I asked the guy how many union men were "on the bench" (laid off and not working"

He replied: "I know you! You are a union member. I can confiscate your card for finding you on a scab job!" Removed my union card from my wallet, tore it in half and handed it to him. Hesaid I would be sorry I had done that. My replay was "The next time I want my kids to starve to death, I will come down and rejoin your [expletive] union."
Old 19th October 2020, 02:30 AM   #463253  /  #103
Cunt
Unregistered member

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Circum-polar region
Yeah, their tactics are the first bad part. Before I was old enough to enter the workforce, I was shown some bottle-caps with nails through them, and asked to spread them over the driveway. Guy was drunk and creepy, so my pals and I went elsewhere.

The worse part is the apologists, who don't realize the violence, rudeness and bullying they are supporting.

I'll be my own union, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG View Post
zel, would you consider not enabling the shitting up of our forum by engaging in these conversations?

Cunt is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 19th October 2020, 03:26 AM   #463255  /  #104
Zeluvia
Send Cash or Drugs

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Evil Duckess
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeluvia View Post

So your point again? You don't like Unions because you are politically on the RIGHT.
Nope. I don't like unions because they are not into choice.

My body, my choice.

Actually, again, you make a fool of yourself. Union members VOTE on things to do with the Union. They are very democratic institutions. Union leaders answer to members. Union leaders are chosen from candidates that are IN the union and have worked in the Union. I have never known a union to strike without a vote.

Zeluvia is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
borealis (19th October 2020)
Old 19th October 2020, 03:28 AM   #463256  /  #105
Zeluvia
Send Cash or Drugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhair75 View Post
I was once a member of Amalgamated Meat Cutters. They were usurped by the UFCW. They struck the plant where I was working. I decided that I needed a paycheck and got another job.I crossed the picket line to get my property out of my locker. I had to fight my way back to my car. No more AMC union for me.

I became a carpenter and joined the Carpenter's Union. Over the five years I belonged to the union, there was very little work available. Weirdly enough, the union leadership continued to recruit new members even though they were unable to place them at job sites. While I was laid off, I found another job working with a scab (non union) crew building houses. One day about lunch time a business agent from the Union Hall came by to see if he could recruit us into the union.

I asked the guy how many union men were "on the bench" (laid off and not working"

He replied: "I know you! You are a union member. I can confiscate your card for finding you on a scab job!" Removed my union card from my wallet, tore it in half and handed it to him. Hesaid I would be sorry I had done that. My replay was "The next time I want my kids to starve to death, I will come down and rejoin your [expletive] union."

The construction Unions died horribly, that is true. Ironically however, my ex's Union Card DID get him very good jobs once the unions were dead, because people trusted that at least he knew what the fuck he was doing.

Yay from
longhair75 (19th October 2020)
Old 19th October 2020, 03:51 AM   #463257  /  #106
longhair75

Sorry for the fat fingered typing. It was a 450 mile trip home, and I am a little flaky
Old 19th October 2020, 04:11 AM   #463258  /  #107
Cunt
Unregistered member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So your point again? You don't like Unions because you are politically on the RIGHT.

My body, my choice.

Actually, again, you make a fool of yourself. Union members VOTE on things to do with the Union.
Yes, and 9 out of 10 gang rape participants vote in favour.

For someone living in the US, you seem to value democratic bullying far too high. Are you one of those who thinks a simple majority of voters from three big cities should rule everyone in the rest of the country?

Because that would be hilarious.
Quote:
They are very democratic institutions. Union leaders answer to members. Union leaders are chosen from candidates that are IN the union and have worked in the Union. I have never known a union to strike without a vote.
In your fantasy, the Union is good, because you saw that it was good, and said that it was good.

Reality is considerably messier than your fantasy. In reality, I have always been better off without a union. Come to think of it, so are all the most skilled workers I know.

Quote:
zel, would you consider not enabling the shitting up of our forum by engaging in these conversations?

Old 19th October 2020, 01:33 PM   #463265  /  #108
borealis
poikilothermic

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Canada
Do you even realise that you are again, as you have done before, denying that anyone else could have a different experience from your experience? As soon as someone disagrees with your pronouncements, you accuse them of being naive, or living in a fantasy, or being brainwashed.You just roundly dismiss them and usually add an insult to their ability to discern the truth.

It's great that you think you've been better off without unions. That does not mean your experience is universal. Both Zeluvia and I have offered personal evidence that it is not. You immediately dismiss us. Do you recognise this pattern?
Old 19th October 2020, 02:15 PM   #463266  /  #109
Zeluvia
Send Cash or Drugs

Quote:
Do you even realise that you are again, as you have done before, denying that anyone else could have a different experience from your experience? As soon as someone disagrees with your pronouncements, you accuse them of being naive, or living in a fantasy, or being brainwashed.You just roundly dismiss them and usually add an insult to their ability to discern the truth.

It's great that you think you've been better off without unions. That does not mean your experience is universal. Both Zeluvia and I have offered personal evidence that it is not. You immediately dismiss us. Do you recognise this pattern?

It's sad and funny Bor. He says reality is messy, but only considers his reality to be valid for everyone.

Old 19th October 2020, 02:21 PM   #463267  /  #110
Zeluvia
Send Cash or Drugs

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

My body, my choice.

Actually, again, you make a fool of yourself. Union members VOTE on things to do with the Union.
Yes, and 9 out of 10 gang rape participants vote in favour.

For someone living in the US, you seem to value democratic bullying far too high. Are you one of those who thinks a simple majority of voters from three big cities should rule everyone in the rest of the country?

Because that would be hilarious.
Quote:
They are very democratic institutions. Union leaders answer to members. Union leaders are chosen from candidates that are IN the union and have worked in the Union. I have never known a union to strike without a vote.
In your fantasy, the Union is good, because you saw that it was good, and said that it was good.

Reality is considerably messier than your fantasy. In reality, I have always been better off without a union. Come to think of it, so are all the most skilled workers I know.

You said you were into choice, as though unions were institutions that didn't have any choices for members.

We weren't better off when the construction union died. We lost our health and life insurance for one. Since construction workers move from job to job and employer to employer, most employers don't offer health insurance, the Union was the best and cheapest option.

I doubt you can even imagine what it's like to live without healthcare

Old 19th October 2020, 03:29 PM   #463270  /  #111
Cunt
Unregistered member

Quote:

Aw kitten, you won't even clarify that we disagree, or what we disagree about.

Someone should say 'bor', and remind you that you don't discuss, instead insult, and take a dramatic exit.

Quote:
institutions don't have choices for members
They don't allow choice about joining the union.

My body, my choice.

Union membership should be the workers choice, just like other choices. If unions don't have to be good enough to attract members, they won't be.

Just because it benefits some people (like your friends) doesn't mean it IS a benefit. Some people find the opposite.

Choice. It's better.

Quote:

Old 19th October 2020, 04:19 PM   #463273  /  #112
Cunt
Unregistered member

Is critical race theory popular in the wealthy, elite and governing circles?

Quote:

Old 20th October 2020, 12:52 AM   #463277  /  #113
Facetious
normal boring cunty type of woman

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: it's grim up north
Union membership is compulsory in Canadaland? I didn't know that. Over here it's very much a matter of choice, you even have to opt in if you want your membership to support the Labour party. Choice choice choice, all the choices.
Facetious is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 20th October 2020, 12:55 AM   #463278  /  #114
Cunt
Unregistered member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facetious View Post
Union membership is compulsory in Canadaland? I didn't know that. Over here it's very much a matter of choice, you even have to opt in if you want your membership to support the Labour party. Choice choice choice, all the choices.
You don't have to join a union. You can choose to not work for the company. Or the government. Or the schools. Or public transit. Or...

Geez...it almost seems like there is political pressure to join unions, where you are forced to pay dues, which support politicians.

I can really see why some folks like it though. Handsome membership cards, and if you are lucky, good-looking schwag with your local number on it.

Quote:

Old 20th October 2020, 01:31 AM   #463280  /  #115
Facetious

Who would know? Do your unions publish lists of the people who've joined?
Old 20th October 2020, 01:41 AM   #463281  /  #116
Cunt
Unregistered member

They maybe used to, but they have stopped most public disclosures as per their diversity training manuals.

Quote:

Old 20th October 2020, 05:46 AM   #463282  /  #117
Timewave

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: IN MY HEAD (MOSTLY)
Quote:
Quote:

It's sad and funny Bor. He says reality is messy, but only considers his reality to be valid for everyone.
badly damaged, not very bright and a constant cry for help.
Is this why you have to keep replying to him zu?
Old 20th October 2020, 06:16 AM   #463285  /  #118
Cunt
Unregistered member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timewave View Post

Insult is helpful. It tells me much about the quality of the position you are defending so eloquently.

Quote:

Old 20th October 2020, 10:39 AM   #463286  /  #119
Facetious

Quote:
They maybe used to, but they have stopped most public disclosures as per their diversity training manuals.
Right, so you don't have to join a union and nobody will know if you choose not to. What's the problem?
Yay from
borealis (21st October 2020)
Old 20th October 2020, 04:32 PM   #463290  /  #120
Cunt
Unregistered member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facetious View Post
Quote:
Right, so you don't have to join a union and nobody will know if you choose not to. What's the problem?
No problem for those who see unions as good or neutral.

Those who can't see them as bad, probably can't see any problem with it at all.

Maybe public opinion will change, now that Trump is getting firm union support, and Biden is getting the opposite...

Quote:

Old 20th October 2020, 07:15 PM   #463298  /  #121
Zeluvia
Send Cash or Drugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timewave View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I do whatever Homer says too. It's that maternal instinct : )

And some of his comments DO make me laugh : )

Old 21st October 2020, 01:43 AM   #463311  /  #122
Jerome
Life is just a bowl of cherries

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Pleasant Living
Quote:
They are very democratic institutions.

lol, no

They are violent political organizations used by the powers that be to consolidate their power. The Workers are a means to and end, useful idiots.

Dare 'vote' the 'wrong' way inside a Union and see how that works out.
Old 21st October 2020, 08:15 AM   #463335  /  #123
Cunt
Unregistered member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
Quote:
They are very democratic institutions.

lol, no

They are violent
I don't know where you would get the idea to try to attach the noble labour movement to violence. If there was violence in their past, they would surely distance themselves from it. Progressive organizations!

Diversity!
Inclusion!
Equity!

Spoiler

Quote:
James R. Hoffa became a Teamster member in 1934 and served as General President for 14 years, and, in recognition of his tireless service to the union and its members, was honored as General President Emeritus for life.
http://www.jrhmsf.org

Always keeping it classy.

Quote:

MindRomp Forum > General Discussion > News, Sports & Politics