MindRomp Forum  

FAQ Janitors Arcade
Go Back   MindRomp Forum > Community > Rompus Room

Rompus Room Bring all your toys to share

Old 1st August 2020, 03:49 AM   #461226  /  #14376
Zeluvia
Send Cash or Drugs

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Evil Duckess
Maybe I linked the wrong one. He has several. The one I liked was about European Robins sensing magnetic fields and DNA mutations using tunneling.

Zeluvia is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 1st August 2020, 07:49 AM   #461227  /  #14377
Prince Humperdinck

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: 'Murica
Reflections on life: My dad always had a great job with a major company that provided benefits. He never climbed the ranks to upper managemnt but he was a successful engineer throughout his career. My parents were stingy with money on luxuries but we always had a decent house and food in the fridge (and that's why they were able to pay off their hosue and have a good retirement).

I remember one of my dad's co-workers not being terribly concerned about being laid-off. He was either divorced or a bachelor and said "I'll go do construction if I need to"

I remember when I was in my teens and working at McDonald's that one of the assistant managers abrubtly quit and turned in his uniform. He got hired on at Boeing (or some other big engineering firm) and quit what had been his shitty short term job to the surprise of management.

I always envisioned my career following my dad's path, not these other people. I am these other people.
borealis (4th August 2020), Mantisdreamz (1st August 2020)
Old 1st August 2020, 10:21 PM   #461229  /  #14378
Mantisdreamz
corridors, refectories and files

^I'd say I'm one of those other people too. I spent all of my 20's not caring, and early 30's. I always had work and I fell back on serving or bartending jobs that provided enough, financially. But those jobs aren't really sustainable at an older age. I never finished my university degree because I didnt care enough at the time.. or was distracted. And I always had jobs that were good enough.

It would be nice to once and for all specialize in something.

Maybe for yourself, you could fo some online certificates to add to your already existing credentials.. which, I feel like should be good enough to get you a good job. One where you don't have to be on the bottom. You're a very smart person, and I think you deserve more.

Anyway, maybe more certificates might help in getting hired because it will show that you're still willing to learn.

But you seem like a hard worker too and care about your work.

I was thinking, in the future, if I were to go to an interview, I would especially focus on the fact that I'm a hard worker.. which is true. If you show how much you believe in yourself about a particular position, and how much you think you could do better than others, people will see that.

But, if you are applying for a position that you're not fully interested in, then that will show too.
Mantisdreamz is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 1st August 2020, 10:28 PM   #461230  /  #14379
Mantisdreamz
corridors, refectories and files

Also, with your dad's career.. it definitely was easier to get decent jobs, back in the day. My dad worked as a senior in the ministry of transportation off of a 1 or 2 year college degree. There's way more competition now.
Mantisdreamz is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 1st August 2020, 11:55 PM   #461231  /  #14380
Timewave

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: IN MY HEAD (MOSTLY)
I've been in the situation where I really should have been prepared to move for a good job and did not.

That's been a part of your choice PH, uproot the family and all that drama or take less closer to home.
Old 2nd August 2020, 12:19 AM   #461232  /  #14381
Cunt
Unregistered member

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Circum-polar region
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timewave View Post
I've been in the situation where I really should have been prepared to move for a good job and did not.

That's been a part of your choice PH, uproot the family and all that drama or take less closer to home.
Being willing to move served me incredibly well.

In Nova Scotia and Ontario, it was hard to find a good job, and they had plenty of applicants. When I moved west, I suddenly found myself in an area where workers were in higher demand.

Later, when we moved north, it was because I was always ready to follow the best opportunities. In this case, it was the fishing/lifestyle. After arriving, I found out that the employment opportunities were better too. At least for a mature person. (the young don't get as much benefit)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG View Post
zel, would you consider not enabling the shitting up of our forum by engaging in these conversations?

Cunt is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 2nd August 2020, 11:36 AM   #461239  /  #14382
Prince Humperdinck

Quote:
And that's the big one. I allowed my ex to uproot our family because I thought I would be able to find work easily in any big city. Now we're divorced and I don't have custody. I've re-married and my step kids are grown so uprooting again fucks up my wife's family as well as my own. I don't have custody and my daugther is a teenager now but she is mentally disabled so moving away feels like abandoning her.

I pretty much hate where I live, but I don't know how much of that is emotional baggae due to the above.

I moved a lot when I was younger and free. It defintely served me well at the time (though fucked up one good relatioship which led to my first failed marriage).
borealis (4th August 2020), Cunt (2nd August 2020), nostrum (3rd August 2020), oblivion (2nd August 2020)
Old 2nd August 2020, 10:07 PM   #461245  /  #14383
Timewave

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: IN MY HEAD (MOSTLY)
When do you expect to hear back from the school?
Old 3rd August 2020, 12:16 AM   #461246  /  #14384
Cunt
Unregistered member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Humperdinck View Post
Quote:
And that's the big one. I allowed my ex to uproot our family because I thought I would be able to find work easily in any big city. Now we're divorced and I don't have custody. I've re-married and my step kids are grown so uprooting again fucks up my wife's family as well as my own. I don't have custody and my daugther is a teenager now but she is mentally disabled so moving away feels like abandoning her.

I pretty much hate where I live, but I don't know how much of that is emotional baggae due to the above.

I moved a lot when I was younger and free. It defintely served me well at the time (though fucked up one good relatioship which led to my first failed marriage).
I took a job with flight benefits, which shrank the world a bit for me.

Quote:
zel, would you consider not enabling the shitting up of our forum by engaging in these conversations?

Old 3rd August 2020, 03:47 PM   #461247  /  #14385
Prince Humperdinck

Quote:
When do you expect to hear back from the school?
Dunno, they said they would be making a deision "shortly". Tomorrow will be a week. Kinda makes me feel I wasn't first choice but the person who was hasn't accepted yet.
Old 3rd August 2020, 08:19 PM   #461248  /  #14386
ffejrxx
Networking Nut

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Minnesota
schools here have the enrollment date before the decision date on if they will be doing in-school or remote learning methods
ffejrxx is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 3rd August 2020, 08:24 PM   #461249  /  #14387
Cunt
Unregistered member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffejrxx View Post
schools here have the enrollment date before the decision date on if they will be doing in-school or remote learning methods
I worry that physical fitness education will suffer specially under the new shifts and changes.

Science may be great and everything, but improved fitness would push rather directly back against the worst effects of the disease.

Quote:

Old 4th August 2020, 02:25 AM   #461250  /  #14388
Zeluvia
Send Cash or Drugs

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Evil Duckess
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffejrxx View Post

That kind of makes sense, they need to know how many to plan for no?

Here the governor has backed off finally from telling everyone what to do after the giant mask fiasco, and is letting local governments deal with things and supporting them. He was originally requiring everyone to go back to school as scheduled.
However the Attorney General of Texas is stirring shit by saying that religious schools don't have to follow state guidelines.

Zeluvia is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom

MindRomp Forum > Community > Rompus Room

Tags
!! http://affinelayer.com/pixsrv/index.html, almostresponded2jerome, fuckoffop8, fuckzeltheoldcoot, get a job, i hope your happy, kermy, mondo meltsdown, msg is the incident, penis, penis penis penis, purple pulsating pillar of power, purple throbbing heat seeking moisture missile, random is as random does, shocked to the core, the msg incident, the other msg incident, userisonyourignorelist, what's all this then