Links
Portal |  Forum | Core Values | 
MindRomp Forum  

FAQ Janitors Arcade
Go Back   MindRomp Forum > General Discussion > News, Sports & Politics

News, Sports & Politics Hello, good evening, and welcome...

Old 2nd November 2019, 04:30 AM   #451459  /  #1101
Brother Daniel
bad case of gleeks

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: a peninsula in the North Atlantic
Cunt, I was going to point out that you've repeatedly disqualified yourself from being able to comment on who is being misrepresented by whom. Then I hesitated, because I'm too lazy to dig up examples. Fortunately, you've saved me the trouble, by providing more.

Exhibit A:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunt View Post
I was addressing someone who seemed a bit miffed that he had the GALL to continue with his presentations when it was clear that young men were benefiting.
Not even close.

Exhibit B:
Quote:
Don't worry though. Facetious made it clear that males are not deserving of sympathy, no matter how bleak their situation or future.
Again, not even close.

Quote:
What about you, BroD? Do you think the PLAIN FACT that most guys won't be chosen by a woman presents any problems for society?
Hmmm. In the US (easiest country to find data for by googling), over 80% of men marry at least once by age 40. Are a huge proportion of the women involved in those marriages coerced? I hope not. You'll have to spell out the constraints or qualifiers involved in your "plain fact" before I'd agree that it's a plain fact.

But let's suppose that it (or some similar, appropriately qualified statement) is true. Does it present "any problems for society"? I'd imagine so, but I don't see how it's a useful question at all. I'm a lot less worried about the fact that some men are unattractive than I am about the fact that some men find a way to blame women for this.
Quote:
Or is it just a bunch of whinging by neckbeard losers who couldn't get a girl if they tried?
False dichotomy.
Old 2nd November 2019, 05:20 AM   #451464  /  #1102
Cunt
Unregistered member

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Circum-polar region
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facetious View Post
What's he saying that is so radical that we are being foolish to the extreme in not listening to him?

I have listened to him and for more than 5 minutes. He's boring and unoriginal.

Stop being personally offended because people dislike someone you like. I'm not going to lose any sleep over the fact that you like Jordan Peterson. Frankly I don't care. You have your heroes, I have mine.
Not personally offended, it just looked a lot like you can't express empathy toward 'incels', when the word itself evokes sympathy from me. Then again, I value and treasure my relationship with my sweetheart, and all it does for me.

He must indeed be boring, to fill endless venues with paying attendees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Daniel View Post
Cunt, I was going to point out that you've repeatedly disqualified yourself from being able to comment on who is being misrepresented by whom. Then I hesitated, because I'm too lazy to dig up examples. Fortunately, you've saved me the trouble, by providing more.

Exhibit A:
Quote:
I was addressing someone who seemed a bit miffed that he had the GALL to continue with his presentations when it was clear that young men were benefiting.
Not even close.

Exhibit B:
Quote:
Don't worry though. Facetious made it clear that males are not deserving of sympathy, no matter how bleak their situation or future.
Again, not even close.

Quote:
What about you, BroD? Do you think the PLAIN FACT that most guys won't be chosen by a woman presents any problems for society?
Hmmm. In the US (easiest country to find data for by googling), over 80% of men marry at least once by age 40. Are a huge proportion of the women involved in those marriages coerced? I hope not. You'll have to spell out the constraints or qualifiers involved in your "plain fact" before I'd agree that it's a plain fact.
Guilty of exaggerating. I have a lot of sympathy for the lonely. As I point out to Facetious - I have it very good. Knowing so many who don't might make me overvalue it.

It certainly caused me to overstate the case.

What I was getting at, is that women who are given more power (of choice), will use that power to leave more guys 'out in the cold'.

As it should be.

But what happens to us with so many more untethered men around? I don't think it's going to be all sunshine and roses.

Peterson points out that many of the worst attacks of late, have been young male rejects (approx.) and that he seems to suggest more of that happens.

As a result of our improved world.

Quote:
But let's suppose that it (or some similar, appropriately qualified statement) is true. Does it present "any problems for society"? I'd imagine so, but I don't see how it's a useful question at all. I'm a lot less worried about the fact that some men are unattractive than I am about the fact that some men find a way to blame women for this.
It isn't that simple. Of course some will blame women (or anything) but the broader point is still worrying to me.

And 'incel' always struck me as sad. MGTOW might deserve the contempt I hear (since they are choosing to 'go their own way but the 'in' in incel means involuntary.

If someone I knew couldn't find love, my first instinct would be to fix them up with some other horny person. Why is that so wrong with modern incels?

Quote:

Quote:
Or is it just a bunch of whinging by neckbeard losers who couldn't get a girl if they tried?
False dichotomy.
Ya.

Do they deserve sympathy? Or contempt?

I like the Peterson example because, like certain other public figures, the lies told about them are very instructive. The misunderstandings, the negative information and the mood evoked are really telling.
t
Lets drop the example though, and draw another. This is supposed to be about Canadian politics, so why not consider Rebel Media. They are assholes (like all media companies) but get a lot of shitty accusations. Maybe they are true, maybe not, but most of the really bad ones are made by people who are afraid to make them publicly.

They were told they were not accredited media, so not allowed to the leadership debate (the only English one). They were told this at the last possible moment, to keep them out (I'm guessing). Ezra Levant filed for a judge to rule, and they were granted access.

Now the fun part - plenty of people seem to be of the opinion that Rebel Media is shit, and shouldn't be allowed to ask questions, but most of the accusations evaporate into smoke when examined. Accusations of racism don't stand up to scrutiny (unless you consider anti-religion equal to racism) and none of the other ones sounds clear enough - but they are regularly painted in a certain light.

There are other examples of mis-painting by media, but most people think Canada is a bit of a backwater, so don't consider Rick Mehta worth examining. Or Gad Saad, or...well, the list goes on. It's almost like many people have been convinced to hate these figures, without even knowing what they really say or do.

Peterson is just one of the choices who regularly defends himself against these accusations publicly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG View Post
zel, would you consider not enabling the shitting up of our forum by engaging in these conversations?

Cunt is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 5th November 2019, 06:09 PM   #451537  /  #1103
Cunt
Unregistered member

CBC is promoting western alienation by backing the attack on domestic oil.

Since oil is produced and sold the world over, and those complaining about it loudest are buying oil (just like everyone else) it is really starting to look suspicious.

Canada is one of the cleanest sources of oil (whether you consider 'clean' environmental cleanliness, or ethical cleanliness) but CBC, Greta and Co. are happy to put every roadblock they can in front of Alberta oil production.

It really looks like it could be people trying to save the earth, or publicity efforts by competing corporate interests.

Would anyone profit from stopping Canadian oil production from reaching international markets?

Quote:
zel, would you consider not enabling the shitting up of our forum by engaging in these conversations?

Old 12th November 2019, 04:24 AM   #452218  /  #1104
Zeluvia
Send Cash or Drugs

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Evil Duckess
Hi, United States of America here.

All your oil is belong to US. And no, you can't get it to international markets where you would sell it to the Chinese.

Yes we profit from being your only market : )

Zeluvia is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
Cunt (12th November 2019)
Old 17th January 2020, 04:46 PM   #455612  /  #1105
borealis
poikilothermic

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by borealis View Post
Peter McKay helped kill them, and the little sly bastard is rumoured to be the next conservative pick for leader. Which I predicted when he 'retired' from being MP for my riding.

Did I already say that? I typed up a big long rant at cunt a few hours ago and it got lost in the ether.
And he's in:

https://nationalpost.com/pmn/news-pm...rty-leadership

Much as I personally dislike MacKay, there's a lot to be said for having him lead the Conservative Party. He's (imo) more old style Progressive Conservative, in spite of having betrayed the PCs for Harper's new CPOC, more socially liberal, more inclined to making useful deals. And he could win an election against Trudeau. Here's what he had to say about Scheer's loss:

Quote:
After the election, MacKay was an outspoken critic of the campaign the party ran. The Conservatives? failure to form government was akin to missing a shot on an open net, he said, a reference to the fact they couldn?t take down a Liberal government besmirched by multiple scandals.
He also said social-conservative issues hung around Scheer?s neck like a ?stinking albatross? and cost the party crucial support.
I still think he's a bit of a weasel (he literally borrowed a neighbour's dog to help him look sad about something for a photo op*), but he wouldn't scare the shit out of me as Conservative leader.

Quote:
And current Justice Minister Peter MacKay caused a sensation back in 2005 when he arranged for a po-faced, farm photo-op with a borrowed Bernese mountain dog after his very public breakup with MP Belinda Stronach
https://www.cp24.com/news/when-thing...dogs-1.1762308

It wasn't even his farm.

Last edited by borealis; 17th January 2020 at 05:45 PM.
borealis is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 17th January 2020, 05:40 PM   #455614  /  #1106
Mantisdreamz
corridors, refectories and files

Interesting

I wonder who'll be taking over the green party
Mantisdreamz is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 17th January 2020, 05:53 PM   #455620  /  #1107
Cunt
Unregistered member

Quote:
Quote:
Peter McKay helped kill them, and the little sly bastard is rumoured to be the next conservative pick for leader. Which I predicted when he 'retired' from being MP for my riding.

Did I already say that? I typed up a big long rant at cunt a few hours ago and it got lost in the ether.
And he's in:

https://nationalpost.com/pmn/news-pm...rty-leadership

Much as I personally dislike MacKay, there's a lot to be said for having him lead the Conservative Party. He's (imo) more old style Progressive Conservative, in spite of having betrayed the PCs for Harper's new CPOC, more socially liberal, more inclined to making useful deals. And he could win an election against Trudeau. Here's what he had to say about Scheer's loss:

Quote:
After the election, MacKay was an outspoken critic of the campaign the party ran. The Conservatives? failure to form government was akin to missing a shot on an open net, he said, a reference to the fact they couldn?t take down a Liberal government besmirched by multiple scandals.
He also said social-conservative issues hung around Scheer?s neck like a ?stinking albatross? and cost the party crucial support.
I still think he's a bit of a weasel (he literally borrowed a neighbour's dog to help him look sad about something for a photo op*), but he wouldn't scare the shit out of me as Conservative leader.

Quote:
And current Justice Minister Peter MacKay caused a sensation back in 2005 when he arranged for a po-faced, farm photo-op with a borrowed Bernese mountain dog after his very public breakup with MP Belinda Stronach
https://www.cp24.com/news/when-thing...dogs-1.1762308

It wasn't even his farm.
I don't know him, but don't care about liberal/PC/NDP as much as I care about free speech/free expression.

None of the candidates have convinced me that they have courage in the face of the 'woke scolds'. It isn't hard to beat them, but you DO have to risk being hated...so it doesn't fit well with politicking.

None of the parties impress me that way. I'll listen a lot closer to any candidate who speaks with Rebel Media. (they are the only one the government has feared enough to take formal steps against)

Listening to people who are paid by the government to 'report the news' seems like a sucker bet.

Quote:

Old 17th January 2020, 05:58 PM   #455622  /  #1108
Cunt
Unregistered member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantisdreamz View Post
Interesting

A loved friend ran for the greefns here. I think incredibly well of him, especially his public, unpopular job. He didn't get my vote this time.

I volunteered for the Greens briefly, 20 or more years ago, in Calgary. Kreiger (sp?) Jr. was r eunning, and his dad had been busted a few times for cannabis. The old guy really exemplified how stupid they were in a brief conversation.

He asked if I smoked weed, and I agreed. He asked what I was 'treating' with it (their campaign was largely medical marijuana at the time). I said I wasn't sick, just using it for enjoyment. He said that I was probably treating a condition with it, but just didn't know it.

Fuck that asshole. Trying to claim my joy for his political circus. I left and didn't bother with them again.

Now the greens have morphed into the party of anti-oil. Similarly, to the exclusion of any (even sensible) disagreement.

It's not all that different from other parties, probably. Just a lot easier to see with amatuerish politicians and naive enthusiasm all around them.

Quote:

Old 17th January 2020, 06:21 PM   #455627  /  #1109
borealis
poikilothermic

Quote:
None of the parties impress me that way. I'll listen a lot closer to any candidate who speaks with Rebel Media. (they are the only one the government has feared enough to take formal steps against)
The government takes formal steps against lots of entities, many of which I'd sooner not see gaining any foothold in our country, or increasing their power. Rebel Media is the closest we have to hate media, and unless you are one of those people who believe the Holocaust didn't happen and Daily Stormer is also a trustworthy medium and having very questionable financing protocols makes them the good guys, then I don't understand your fascination with them.

Quote:
Following the Quebec City mosque shooting on 29 January 2017, Rebel promoted a conspiracy theory that the shooting was perpetrated by Muslims.[33][34] In 2017, Rebel Media hired as its British correspondent far-right activist Tommy Robinson, founder of the avowedly anti-Islamic English Defence League. Robinson was convicted of mortgage fraud and using a friend's passport to enter the US.[35][36][37][38]
In March 2017, one of their correspondents, Gavin McInnes, made controversial comments defending Holocaust deniers, accused the Jews of being responsible for the Holodomor and the Treaty of Versailles, and said he was "becoming anti-Semitic". He later said his comments were taken out of context.[39] McInnes also produced a satirical[40] video for Rebel called "Ten Things I Hate about Jews", later retitled "Ten Things I Hate About Israel".[41][42]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rebel_Media

Before you say 'that didn't happen', I remember those attempts by Rebel Media to cloud issues, make shit up to prejudice their readers against minorities, and to hire people who are so far right as to think allying themselves with self-identified neo-nazis is cool.

Maybe you're one of those people. If so, stick to your guns, buddy, but I personally will think less of you for it. If not, maybe you should vet your sources a little more carefully and not be dazzled by people who claim to be 'telling it like it is'.
Old 17th January 2020, 06:36 PM   #455628  /  #1110
Cunt
Unregistered member

Quote:
Quote:
The government takes formal steps against lots of entities, many of which I'd sooner not see gaining any foothold in our country, or increasing their power. Rebel Media is the closest we have to hate media, and unless you are one of those people who believe the Holocaust didn't happen and Daily Stormer is also a trustworthy medium and having very questionable financing protocols makes them the good guys, then I don't understand your fascination with them.
I think you should make a clear claim, then we can see if it is true. The Libs tried to deny them entrance into their only English language debate, and a Judge decided to let them in.

It also seems that those who are brave enough to smear them clearly in public, get wrecked by law.

If you want to hate them because you were told to, go ahead, but if you want me to believe that Ezra Levant claims the Holocaust didn't happen, you will have to provide a link.

Quote:

Quote:
Following the Quebec City mosque shooting on 29 January 2017, Rebel promoted a conspiracy theory that the shooting was perpetrated by Muslims.[33][34] In 2017, Rebel Media hired as its British correspondent far-right activist Tommy Robinson, founder of the avowedly anti-Islamic English Defence League. Robinson was convicted of mortgage fraud and using a friend's passport to enter the US.[35][36][37][38]
In March 2017, one of their correspondents, Gavin McInnes, made controversial comments defending Holocaust deniers, accused the Jews of being responsible for the Holodomor and the Treaty of Versailles, and said he was "becoming anti-Semitic". He later said his comments were taken out of context.[39] McInnes also produced a satirical[40] video for Rebel called "Ten Things I Hate about Jews", later retitled "Ten Things I Hate About Israel".[41][42]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rebel_Media

Before you say 'that didn't happen', I remember those attempts by Rebel Media to cloud issues, make shit up to prejudice their readers against minorities, and to hire people who are so far right as to think allying themselves with self-identified neo-nazis is cool.
I've listened to each of those people. I don't think they are racists, but I could see why you do.

Have you listened to any of them? Or do you just read articles about them from their detractors?

Are you as critical of government-funded reporters? Or just independants?

I remember CBC reporting on a few events I've attended. They paint a picture completely free of lies, while completely misrepresenting what actually happened.

No lies though.

Quote:

Maybe you're one of those people. If so, stick to your guns, buddy, but I personally will think less of you for it. If not, maybe you should vet your sources a little more carefully and not be dazzled by people who claim to be 'telling it like it is'.
Go ahead and think less of me, it doesn't matter much. I would prefer to be allowed to listen to anyone, than to earn some small amount of your esteem by ignoring a voice.

Have you listened to anyone from the other side? They are easy to identify when they are de-platformed, a bit tougher to identify before that happens.

I have, and can tell you (my understanding of) their position. If you can't, you probably don't know their position.

So who do you listen to / view, who is clearly 'NON-ESTABLISHMENT'?

Dave Rubin? Jimmy Dore? Weinstein? Peterson?

If you do listen yourself, and have something to discuss, lets do it. If you just read articles about how terrible those people are, I suggest you haven't given them fair assessment.

Rebel media would be sued if they libeled, or sued if they slandered. The judge who let them into the debate was right - Trudeau trying to keep them out was wrong. They might have shit ideas, but I think CBC has some shit ideas, too.

Quote:

Old 17th January 2020, 06:55 PM   #455629  /  #1111
borealis
poikilothermic

No u. Defend their attempt to smear Muslims as the Quebec mosque shooters. Show me how regretful they were when it turned out to be Alexandre Bissonette, and that they'd propagated shit about 'rival mosques' while people were still dying and grieving and traumatised. Explain how cozying up to Stormfront and Proud Boys makes them gloriously independent. You find the links.

I read all kinds of things, from all kinds of sources. I'm not so sure about you. Giving you the benefit of doubt, I suspect you look for 'the underdog' in all kinds of situations, believing that's where your kind of 'politically correct' is likely to reside, while failing to consider that sometimes the underdog, while looking brave and righteous, is actually a really mean dog. Ever been attacked by a dog, Cunt? I have. I love dogs, very much, but a dog that is chasing and biting you or someone else is a whole other kind of dog, and likely an 'underdog' for real.
Old 17th January 2020, 07:12 PM   #455630  /  #1112
Cunt
Unregistered member

Quote:
No u. Defend their attempt to smear Muslims as the Quebec mosque shooters. Show me how regretful they were when it turned out to be Alexandre Bissonette, and that they'd propagated shit about 'rival mosques' while people were still dying and grieving and traumatised. Explain how cozying up to Stormfront and Proud Boys makes them gloriously independent. You find the links.
Can we tackle one of those? or should I do all of it?

I know the Tommy Robinson story a bit. Listened to what Ezra said about his visits there, and have heard what TR says for himself.

Have you? Or just what media has said about those two?

Maybe we can find things we have been misled about. I doubt it, because it seems impossible to be critical of Islam without being accused of racism, but I'm willing to try with you. I suggest a narrow focus might help me stay on a point...

Rebel went to England to follow this story, and has my attention because of Ezra's consistency over the years of backing freedom of expression.

Even though I think he's a religious nutter, and pretty calculating about his cau$es.
Quote:

I read all kinds of things, from all kinds of sources. I'm not so sure about you. Giving you the benefit of doubt, I suspect you look for 'the underdog' in all kinds of situations, believing that's where your kind of 'politically correct' is likely to reside, while failing to consider that sometimes the underdog, while looking brave and righteous, is actually a really mean dog.
You are right about that. It's kind of instinctual. I also full know that looking like a victim doesn't make one a victim.

Do you?

Can you make a clear statement about a very public female liar who played the victim, in the spirit of that?
Quote:

Ever been attacked by a dog, Cunt? I have. I love dogs, very much, but a dog that is chasing and biting you or someone else is a whole other kind of dog, and likely an 'underdog' for real.
I've been attacked by dogs. I've also been attacked for treating public figures like Trump, or Tommy Robinson, or Ezra Levant, as people.

Have you been attacked for having views? If not, could you publicly write a clear statement about the difference between men and women? (I couldn't lol)

Quote:

Old 17th January 2020, 10:15 PM   #455636  /  #1113
Cunt
Unregistered member

Here is a recent vid from Rebel to refresh your memory, in case you forget why Ezra and Tommy R. are connected.

Quote:

Old 18th January 2020, 08:25 AM   #455664  /  #1114
Mantisdreamz
corridors, refectories and files

Quote:
Quote:
Interesting

A loved friend ran for the greefns here. I think incredibly well of him, especially his public, unpopular job. He didn't get my vote this time.

I volunteered for the Greens briefly, 20 or more years ago, in Calgary. Kreiger (sp?) Jr. was r eunning, and his dad had been busted a few times for cannabis. The old guy really exemplified how stupid they were in a brief conversation.

He asked if I smoked weed, and I agreed. He asked what I was 'treating' with it (their campaign was largely medical marijuana at the time). I said I wasn't sick, just using it for enjoyment. He said that I was probably treating a condition with it, but just didn't know it.

Fuck that asshole. Trying to claim my joy for his political circus. I left and didn't bother with them again.

Now the greens have morphed into the party of anti-oil. Similarly, to the exclusion of any (even sensible) disagreement.

It's not all that different from other parties, probably. Just a lot easier to see with amatuerish politicians and naive enthusiasm all around them.
It seems it would be necessary for the party to morph into an anti oil stand, seeing that their whole premise is to work on creating a greener environment. There's no choice but to disagree with any argument that says oil is okay for the environment.
Mantisdreamz is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 18th January 2020, 09:04 AM   #455665  /  #1115
Cunt
Unregistered member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Interesting

It seems it would be necessary for the party to morph into an anti oil stand, seeing that their whole premise is to work on creating a greener environment. There's no choice but to disagree with any argument that says oil is okay for the environment.
I don't think oil is okay for the environment. Hydro sucks pretty hard, too. (at least for the displaced)

Spoiler

We'll find ways to get better. We ARE finding them. Meantime, we should do a fucking GREAT job with the oil we have. The oil sands could become a beautiful park, landscaped by the departing energy companies. They could even be forced to put in funny little rapids and shit. The minesite outside town here is in a beautiful landscape, with a freshly re-routed 'Baker Creek'. If it weren't for the terrifying volume of toxic dust placed carefully in a 'giant' underground freezer it would be a great place for a picnic.

Quote:

MindRomp Forum > General Discussion > News, Sports & Politics

Tags
get a job, north dumbfuckistan, penis penis penis