Portal |  Forum | Core Values | 
MindRomp Forum  

FAQ Janitors Arcade
Go Back   MindRomp Forum > Community > Rompus Room

Rompus Room Bring all your toys to share

Old 20th September 2020, 07:37 PM   #462389  /  #14426
Prince Humperdinck

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: 'Murica
Sorry if i get a bit sentimental ITT. I'll try to keep it to one dog post per day until I have her put down.
borealis (Yesterday), nostrum (Yesterday)
Old 20th September 2020, 08:53 PM   #462390  /  #14427
longhair75
rose tints my world and keeps me safe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Humperdinck View Post
Sorry if i get a bit sentimental ITT. I'll try to keep it to one dog post per day until I have her put down.

No problem. I am sorry she is doing poorly
Old 20th September 2020, 08:56 PM   #462391  /  #14428
Prince Humperdinck

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: 'Murica
She doesn't whine or whimper. She's mostly just lethargic. But the struggling to get to her feet is an obviouys sign. Not sure how much pain she's actually in.
Old 20th September 2020, 11:14 PM   #462393  /  #14429
Cunt
Unregistered member

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Circum-polar region
Quote:
Originally Posted by borealis View Post
Those fixtures are very common at stores like Canadian Tire, Home Hardware etc., they are cheap. I have a pair in my kitchen since about 15 years ago. Never fell down. I do bang one of them with a cupboard door pretty often, stupid low ceilings. Never broke it.
Yeah, well maybe YOU aren't a fucking idiot. Did you ever think of that?

ahem.
Quote:
We're replacing them soon with the flushmount LED fixtures - better light and less conspicuous with the low ceiling. We have 4 of the flushmounts in other rooms, they're great.
I'm re-doing my addition, and a ceiling light is probably going in. I'll maybe look at modern options such as you enjoy.
Quote:

ETA: the fixture that scared me was the stupid fan light that wobbled and vibrated if you turned it on. Was here when we moved in, finally threw it out a couple years ago. Do not miss.
I've put up with worse, for longer. Most fans seem to have a wobble, if, like me, you are paranoid about.

My fixture fell and smashed because it was installed wrong. I replaced it, so it was me.

It wouldn't worry me so much if it weren't the second incidence. Both times, I saw how they are attached (simply) and did my best to attach it. The second time, being informed by my first failure, I paid closer attention to the suspension assembly, and made damned sure I did it correctly.

To no avail.

That kind of failure is enough to shake my confidence in some of my other maintenance efforts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG View Post
zel, would you consider not enabling the shitting up of our forum by engaging in these conversations?

Cunt is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old Yesterday, 09:30 AM   #462395  /  #14430
Zeluvia
Send Cash or Drugs

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Evil Duckess
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Humperdinck View Post
She doesn't whine or whimper. She's mostly just lethargic. But the struggling to get to her feet is an obviouys sign. Not sure how much pain she's actually in.

Whenever Molly (great dane mix) was struggling we just helped her up. And once she was up, instead of laying down, she liked to kind of half sit on the couch. You can post as much sentimental stuff as you want !

Zeluvia is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
Cunt (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 02:18 PM   #462397  /  #14431
borealis
poikilothermic

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunt View Post
Quote:
Those fixtures are very common at stores like Canadian Tire, Home Hardware etc., they are cheap. I have a pair in my kitchen since about 15 years ago. Never fell down. I do bang one of them with a cupboard door pretty often, stupid low ceilings. Never broke it.
Yeah, well maybe YOU aren't a fucking idiot. Did you ever think of that?

ahem.
Quote:
We're replacing them soon with the flushmount LED fixtures - better light and less conspicuous with the low ceiling. We have 4 of the flushmounts in other rooms, they're great.
I'm re-doing my addition, and a ceiling light is probably going in. I'll maybe look at modern options such as you enjoy.
Quote:

ETA: the fixture that scared me was the stupid fan light that wobbled and vibrated if you turned it on. Was here when we moved in, finally threw it out a couple years ago. Do not miss.
I've put up with worse, for longer. Most fans seem to have a wobble, if, like me, you are paranoid about.

My fixture fell and smashed because it was installed wrong. I replaced it, so it was me.

It wouldn't worry me so much if it weren't the second incidence. Both times, I saw how they are attached (simply) and did my best to attach it. The second time, being informed by my first failure, I paid closer attention to the suspension assembly, and made damned sure I did it correctly.

To no avail.

That kind of failure is enough to shake my confidence in some of my other maintenance efforts.
This is close to what we got:

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/n...9837p.html#srp

Cheap! Often goes on sale, I think we paid 10 dollars each for the first two, was a promotion of some kind. I like them because they are utterly simple and inconspicuous.

ETA: It's interesting to me how lighting designers appear to be still coming to grips with the possibilities of LED lighting. A lot of the current 'designer' efforts remind me of 1950s styles, often awkward-looking derivations from earlier technologies.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...mageHoverTitle

Last edited by borealis; Yesterday at 02:28 PM.
borealis is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old Yesterday, 02:28 PM   #462398  /  #14432
Cunt
Unregistered member

I second the 'all the sentiment you want' comment, PH. I had to put my Hannah down a little while ago, and for years now, it's been too soon to get a new dog, put her bowl away...

Those lights look good. I'll have to go look at them 'in-store', but that price - holy shit that's nice. I could put multiple lights up with that kind of pricing! Thanks. (I don't know if you know this, but new construction, even of a simple 12x12 addition, is spendy)

Quote:
zel, would you consider not enabling the shitting up of our forum by engaging in these conversations?

Yay from
borealis (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 02:38 PM   #462399  /  #14433
borealis
poikilothermic

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Canada
I know, new construction, even just a shed, is expensive, and there are endless 'little things' that add up to a ton of money eve after the initial outlay of lumber etc. Hell, just rebuilding our bathroom last year was outrageously spendy.
Old Yesterday, 02:44 PM   #462400  /  #14434
Cunt
Unregistered member

Quote:
I know, new construction, even just a shed, is expensive, and there are endless 'little things' that add up to a ton of money eve after the initial outlay of lumber etc. Hell, just rebuilding our bathroom last year was outrageously spendy.
If I had a 2x6 for every time I heard 'the price has gone up since corona', I would be able to build another.

Quote:

Old Yesterday, 06:01 PM   #462402  /  #14435
MondoVman
Giant Member

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Southwest Atlantica
Why Most Businesses Fail 101
Subtitle: Do We Really Need a Plan or Can We Just Wing It?

Shed physics and planning is beyond most, myself included.

MindRomp Forum > Community > Rompus Room

Tags
!! http://affinelayer.com/pixsrv/index.html, almostresponded2jerome, fuckoffop8, fuckzeltheoldcoot, get a job, i hope your happy, kermy, mondo meltsdown, msg is the incident, penis, penis penis penis, purple pulsating pillar of power, purple throbbing heat seeking moisture missile, random is as random does, shocked to the core, the msg incident, the other msg incident, userisonyourignorelist, what's all this then