Portal |  Forum | Core Values | 
MindRomp Forum  

FAQ Janitors Arcade
Go Back   MindRomp Forum > Community > Rompus Room

Rompus Room Bring all your toys to share

Old 20th September 2020, 07:37 PM   #462389  /  #14426
Prince Humperdinck

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: 'Murica
Sorry if i get a bit sentimental ITT. I'll try to keep it to one dog post per day until I have her put down.
borealis (21st September 2020), Mantisdreamz (23rd September 2020), nostrum (21st September 2020)
Old 20th September 2020, 08:53 PM   #462390  /  #14427
longhair75
rose tints my world and keeps me safe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Humperdinck View Post
Sorry if i get a bit sentimental ITT. I'll try to keep it to one dog post per day until I have her put down.

No problem. I am sorry she is doing poorly
Old 20th September 2020, 08:56 PM   #462391  /  #14428
Prince Humperdinck

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: 'Murica
She doesn't whine or whimper. She's mostly just lethargic. But the struggling to get to her feet is an obviouys sign. Not sure how much pain she's actually in.
Old 20th September 2020, 11:14 PM   #462393  /  #14429
Cunt
Unregistered member

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Circum-polar region
Quote:
Originally Posted by borealis View Post
Those fixtures are very common at stores like Canadian Tire, Home Hardware etc., they are cheap. I have a pair in my kitchen since about 15 years ago. Never fell down. I do bang one of them with a cupboard door pretty often, stupid low ceilings. Never broke it.
Yeah, well maybe YOU aren't a fucking idiot. Did you ever think of that?

ahem.
Quote:
We're replacing them soon with the flushmount LED fixtures - better light and less conspicuous with the low ceiling. We have 4 of the flushmounts in other rooms, they're great.
I'm re-doing my addition, and a ceiling light is probably going in. I'll maybe look at modern options such as you enjoy.
Quote:

ETA: the fixture that scared me was the stupid fan light that wobbled and vibrated if you turned it on. Was here when we moved in, finally threw it out a couple years ago. Do not miss.
I've put up with worse, for longer. Most fans seem to have a wobble, if, like me, you are paranoid about.

My fixture fell and smashed because it was installed wrong. I replaced it, so it was me.

It wouldn't worry me so much if it weren't the second incidence. Both times, I saw how they are attached (simply) and did my best to attach it. The second time, being informed by my first failure, I paid closer attention to the suspension assembly, and made damned sure I did it correctly.

To no avail.

That kind of failure is enough to shake my confidence in some of my other maintenance efforts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG View Post
zel, would you consider not enabling the shitting up of our forum by engaging in these conversations?

Cunt is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 21st September 2020, 09:30 AM   #462395  /  #14430
Zeluvia
Send Cash or Drugs

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Evil Duckess
Quote:
She doesn't whine or whimper. She's mostly just lethargic. But the struggling to get to her feet is an obviouys sign. Not sure how much pain she's actually in.

Whenever Molly (great dane mix) was struggling we just helped her up. And once she was up, instead of laying down, she liked to kind of half sit on the couch. You can post as much sentimental stuff as you want !

Zeluvia is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
Cunt (21st September 2020), Mantisdreamz (23rd September 2020)
Old 21st September 2020, 02:18 PM   #462397  /  #14431
borealis
poikilothermic

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunt View Post
Quote:
Those fixtures are very common at stores like Canadian Tire, Home Hardware etc., they are cheap. I have a pair in my kitchen since about 15 years ago. Never fell down. I do bang one of them with a cupboard door pretty often, stupid low ceilings. Never broke it.
Yeah, well maybe YOU aren't a fucking idiot. Did you ever think of that?

ahem.
Quote:
We're replacing them soon with the flushmount LED fixtures - better light and less conspicuous with the low ceiling. We have 4 of the flushmounts in other rooms, they're great.
I'm re-doing my addition, and a ceiling light is probably going in. I'll maybe look at modern options such as you enjoy.
Quote:

ETA: the fixture that scared me was the stupid fan light that wobbled and vibrated if you turned it on. Was here when we moved in, finally threw it out a couple years ago. Do not miss.
I've put up with worse, for longer. Most fans seem to have a wobble, if, like me, you are paranoid about.

My fixture fell and smashed because it was installed wrong. I replaced it, so it was me.

It wouldn't worry me so much if it weren't the second incidence. Both times, I saw how they are attached (simply) and did my best to attach it. The second time, being informed by my first failure, I paid closer attention to the suspension assembly, and made damned sure I did it correctly.

To no avail.

That kind of failure is enough to shake my confidence in some of my other maintenance efforts.
This is close to what we got:

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/n...9837p.html#srp

Cheap! Often goes on sale, I think we paid 10 dollars each for the first two, was a promotion of some kind. I like them because they are utterly simple and inconspicuous.

ETA: It's interesting to me how lighting designers appear to be still coming to grips with the possibilities of LED lighting. A lot of the current 'designer' efforts remind me of 1950s styles, often awkward-looking derivations from earlier technologies.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...mageHoverTitle

Last edited by borealis; 21st September 2020 at 02:28 PM.
borealis is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 21st September 2020, 02:28 PM   #462398  /  #14432
Cunt
Unregistered member

I second the 'all the sentiment you want' comment, PH. I had to put my Hannah down a little while ago, and for years now, it's been too soon to get a new dog, put her bowl away...

Those lights look good. I'll have to go look at them 'in-store', but that price - holy shit that's nice. I could put multiple lights up with that kind of pricing! Thanks. (I don't know if you know this, but new construction, even of a simple 12x12 addition, is spendy)

Quote:
zel, would you consider not enabling the shitting up of our forum by engaging in these conversations?

Yay from
borealis (21st September 2020), Mantisdreamz (23rd September 2020)
Old 21st September 2020, 02:38 PM   #462399  /  #14433
borealis
poikilothermic

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Canada
I know, new construction, even just a shed, is expensive, and there are endless 'little things' that add up to a ton of money eve after the initial outlay of lumber etc. Hell, just rebuilding our bathroom last year was outrageously spendy.
Old 21st September 2020, 02:44 PM   #462400  /  #14434
Cunt
Unregistered member

Quote:
I know, new construction, even just a shed, is expensive, and there are endless 'little things' that add up to a ton of money eve after the initial outlay of lumber etc. Hell, just rebuilding our bathroom last year was outrageously spendy.
If I had a 2x6 for every time I heard 'the price has gone up since corona', I would be able to build another.

Quote:

Old 21st September 2020, 06:01 PM   #462402  /  #14435
MondoVman
Giant Member

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Southwest Atlantica
Why Most Businesses Fail 101
Subtitle: Do We Really Need a Plan or Can We Just Wing It?

Shed physics and planning is beyond most, myself included.
Old 23rd September 2020, 07:08 AM   #462433  /  #14436
Mantisdreamz
corridors, refectories and files

Quote:
GD. I guess I need to resize before I upload. I'm surprised that imgur doesn't shrink it.
You have to use their tool to pick what size thumbnail you want. Desktop version of the site. Not mobile
Mantisdreamz is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 23rd September 2020, 07:08 AM   #462434  /  #14437
Mantisdreamz

Nice pics, though
Old 23rd September 2020, 07:09 AM   #462435  /  #14438
Mantisdreamz

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunt View Post
The light fixture though, worries me. I had the exact same ones in my place, and twice, due to incorrect re-install, they fell down randomly.
The fixture is fine. I'm embarrased about the shitty KLH speaker and over-the-wall wire conduit.
I didn't even see it..

But now that you mention, maybe I should go look
Old 23rd September 2020, 07:14 AM   #462436  /  #14439
Mantisdreamz

Quote:
I wish more people posted pics. Love seeing others faces and ... your dog is so cute. Very much picture worthy. And this pic of you is way better than your work group shot.
Old 23rd September 2020, 07:19 AM   #462437  /  #14440
Mantisdreamz

I hated that I posted a sentimental picture the other night... felt like a fucking fool ie, who wants to see this shit. But, being on the opposite side - it's definitely nice seeing other people's pictures.
Yay from
Cunt (23rd September 2020)
Old 23rd September 2020, 08:53 AM   #462444  /  #14441
Mantisdreamz

Quote:
Maybe judge by her eyes.. ?

Cause you know... if we, as humans are lethargic and struggle, it doesn't necessarily mean we are ready to go.

When their hips go out, and they have poor use of their intestinal tract.. is when they might need to do :/ When they can't poop... might be the sign :

I had a cat that was >20 years old (stray, so we didn't know the exact age). We put him down when he could no longer poop on his own... he sat on the recliner for 2 days, and I flipped him from one side to another. Scheduled an appointment for euthanasia, and he was gone within a half second the medication went through his body.

The iguana had the same thing.. his intestinal tract went on him.

I think I could have done more for the iguana.. but that's past now. I know he wasn't ready to die yet.

Your dog might still be okay for a little bit. As said, judge by the eyes. If he's okay struggling to get up.. let him live, and let him still continue to be loved for awhile
Old 23rd September 2020, 08:55 AM   #462445  /  #14442
Mantisdreamz

only one life, so let him enjoy it as long as he can
Old 23rd September 2020, 09:26 AM   #462447  /  #14443
Mantisdreamz

Our last cat that died, Hobbes, was very tragic. We adopted him as a stray and he was super shy.. hid under the bed, and we had to present him food while he hid under the bed. About 3 weeks later, he started to come around a bit.. but he still was shy... ran from under the bed to other secluded areas of the apartment. Worked on him a lot, and when he finally came out, he was such a sweetheart. Had the 1st baby, and he let her touch him and pet him. He finally came around and had the whole apartment at his disposal. He got along really well with our other cat, Olive. 2 years past, and he was the sweetest cat ever. He still had a shy demeanor, but seemed so grateful always. Cried liked crazy to get his wet food in the evenings. Then he suddenly developed FIP (Feline infectious peritonitis) - it's actually a form of coronavirus, for cats. We have no idea how he caught this.. it seems it was latent in his body. Took him to the vets, got a bunch of meds.. but the diagnosis for this kind of thing is inevitably, death. (90% of cases). In a matter of 1 week, he was unable to eat, and his stomach was bloated. He died at home. And he died when I wasn't there.. I left to drive my co-worker, and came back to find him already dead. We then took him to the vets for cremation. I managed to get past the counter procedure where I had to sign off, and was okay when I left his body in the room. But once I left the room, I started sobbing uncontrollably. It wasn't fair that such a sweet soul had to have this sort of end... he was barely able to live, and he just started living and coming around and really enjoying himself.

Whenever we talk about him, or see any pictures of him, we both start to cry. Every time.

Spoiler

Last edited by Mantisdreamz; 23rd September 2020 at 09:29 AM.
Yay from
charlou (23rd September 2020), Cunt (23rd September 2020), nostrum (23rd September 2020)
Old 23rd September 2020, 02:48 PM   #462452  /  #14444
Brother Daniel
bad case of gleeks

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: a peninsula in the North Atlantic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeluvia View Post
You can post as much sentimental stuff as you want !
yeah this
Cunt (23rd September 2020)
Old 2nd October 2020, 04:05 PM   #462674  /  #14445
Gonzo
Some may never live, but the crazy never die.

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Savage American English
I feel like everyone's avatar here has transcended into being iconic. Just saying this somewhere.

"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."

(just log into whatever, who cares)

Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
borealis (4th October 2020)
Old 2nd October 2020, 07:29 PM   #462678  /  #14446
longhair75
rose tints my world and keeps me safe

I have a 100% commitment to my avatar:

Gonzo (2nd October 2020), Mantisdreamz (3rd October 2020)
Old 2nd October 2020, 07:33 PM   #462679  /  #14447
Imp
Inanimate bowl of pasta

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Waddle waddle
Why does it say chicken nugget?
borealis (4th October 2020), Gonzo (2nd October 2020), longhair75 (2nd October 2020), Zeluvia (3rd October 2020)
Old 3rd October 2020, 06:01 AM   #462703  /  #14448
Mantisdreamz

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhair75 View Post

what does it say??
Old 3rd October 2020, 07:17 AM   #462708  /  #14449
Timewave

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: IN MY HEAD (MOSTLY)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantisdreamz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhair75 View Post

what does it say??
nugget chicken.
Its Chinese, you have to read it backwards.
borealis (4th October 2020), Gonzo (3rd October 2020), Imp (3rd October 2020)
Old 3rd October 2020, 07:42 AM   #462710  /  #14450
Mantisdreamz

you're kidding. I'm gullible, but not that gullible....
Yay from
Timewave (3rd October 2020)

MindRomp Forum > Community > Rompus Room

Tags
!! http://affinelayer.com/pixsrv/index.html, almostresponded2jerome, fuckoffop8, fuckzeltheoldcoot, get a job, i hope your happy, kermy, mondo meltsdown, msg is the incident, penis, penis penis penis, purple pulsating pillar of power, purple throbbing heat seeking moisture missile, random is as random does, shocked to the core, the msg incident, the other msg incident, userisonyourignorelist, what's all this then