Links
Portal |  Forum | Core Values | 
MindRomp Forum  

FAQ Janitors Arcade
Go Back   MindRomp Forum > Culture, the Arts and Humanities > Lifestyle and Entertainment

Lifestyle and Entertainment I am not bovvered

Old 21st September 2020, 08:58 PM   #462405  /  #4026
Timewave

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: IN MY HEAD (MOSTLY)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeluvia View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timewave View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantisdreamz View Post
you have a possum?? you're going to keep the baby, yes??
Both possums are wild native animals with their own lives to live.
They seem somewhat territorial, so the baby maybe sent on its way by the mother in a month or two.

Not sure about their nature

Ha she was nesting!

Grats Dad!
Very Proud
Mantisdreamz (23rd September 2020)
Old 23rd September 2020, 07:54 AM   #462440  /  #4027
Mantisdreamz
corridors, refectories and files

Quote:
Originally Posted by borealis View Post
This time of year is when you can find sad little drone bees sleeping overnight in any flowers that offer a bit of protection, especially ones that close at night. They've been booted from the hive and also may need a little boost of nectar before they can rev their engines in the morning. Bee coffee.

Females can get caught out as well, and can be seen in flowers sometimes.
I just bought a few wildflowers for the garden... ones that attract bees. Black eyed susans. Daisy chrysanthemum, and Cat's Pajamas. Planted Rudbeckia (fulgida) the other day (it's going well), and I have yet to plant the other 2. I'm not yet sure where I want them situated.

Few weeks ago, I planted coneflower (Echinacea) in the side garden.

My goal is to have a bunch of wildflowers pretty much every where - in the front and back yard.
Mantisdreamz is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
borealis (23rd September 2020)
Old 24th September 2020, 05:52 PM   #462465  /  #4028
Cunt
Unregistered member

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Circum-polar region
So running trails, through orange tamarac clusters, with my sweetheart, celebrating our 20th anniversary turned out to be great.

http://i.imgur.com/ODoNGK3.mp4

Spoiler

Spoiler

Whoda thunkit?

A bald eagle paced us for awhile.

Holy fuck I love living here. You poor sods living in the south have my sympathy.

Spoiler

Then, back to the grind. I lost my knife, but the new one is even BETTER! (plus, now I can finally use the larger replacement blades I accidentally bought several years ago)

Spoiler

Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG View Post
zel, would you consider not enabling the shitting up of our forum by engaging in these conversations?

Cunt is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
borealis (24th September 2020)
Old 24th September 2020, 07:42 PM   #462469  /  #4029
longhair75
rose tints my world and keeps me safe

Your area is definitely beautiful, but your winters are brutal. No place for an old man like me whose bones can't take the cold anymore
Old 24th September 2020, 07:46 PM   #462471  /  #4030
Cunt
Unregistered member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhair75 View Post
Your area is definitely beautiful, but your winters are brutal. No place for an old man like me whose bones can't take the cold anymore
I wonder...

I used to think being fat kept me warm, and that being cold now was a result of losing that fat layer.

It's true enough, but now I think the cause is different.

Losing the fat, lowered my resting heart rate. This lower circulation brings less heat to my extremeties.

When I'm running, I'm fine at any temperature. When being still, I need a LOT more clothing.

So I wonder if aging lowers RHR in a similar way...

Quote:
zel, would you consider not enabling the shitting up of our forum by engaging in these conversations?

Old 4th October 2020, 03:59 PM   #462727  /  #4031
borealis
poikilothermic

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Canada
A couple days ago I embarked on the monumental task of cleaning up my studio, which had become a repository for waaaayyy too much junk over the past few years while I've been less and less active creatively.

It was really set up for stained glass, which I can't really do effectively any longer, just made me depressed looking at it.

But now I've completely redesigned it to be a place to paint, sew, do other kinds of projects, and I'm excited again just looking at the transformation.

I found lots of interesting forgotten things while cleaning, old poems, a camping journal from sept. 2001, photos not seen in ages, including some of Highland cattle.

And the nature part is that I picked up a long mailing tube lying behind the door and about half a kilo of dry catfood spilled out of it, of a brand I haven't bought in several years. Some poor mousie didn't live long enough to eat it.
Old 5th October 2020, 11:36 AM   #462757  /  #4032
MondoVman
Giant Member

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Southwest Atlantica
^My brother's two water ski sleeves years ago in the garage each had 10 inches
of dry cat food. He had no prior knowledge nor imaginings that mice did that.
Yay from
borealis (5th October 2020), charlou (5th October 2020)
Old 6th October 2020, 02:33 PM   #462788  /  #4033
borealis
poikilothermic

It is lovely here today, sunny, mild, lake is a mirror for the brilliant foliage. Purple and white asters are in full bloom, contrasting with all the red-orange-yellow-rust shrubbery.

I'm starting my return to painting with something not too challenging, half a dozen 60x80 cm painted canvas floor cloths, which allows for more simple and mostly symmetric designs. I've had a lot of images floating around in my head for a while, and this morning while doing some prep on the canvases part of my brain was observing the messy indecisive creative process going on, which might be described something like this:

...double borders wide innerborder wash of yellow and green shadowy leaf shapes or honeysuckle vine i love the shapes and colours of honeysuckle centre panel hummingbirds against a yellow wall and a climbing honeysuckle vine but would i rather paint a close view of a wildflowers in grass from above wild strawberry flowers forget-me-not and yarrow out of season but hey and ripe strawberries too for a bit of scarlet or make that the border for something else salmon swimming in a celtic knot of river a border of crows around a central owl a swirl of barn swallows against a blue sky thin saplings against a pale yellow twilight...

And so on. These aren't verbal thoughts, but images fully realised and idealised, the results are never as good as the conceptualisations. And deciding which ones to follow sometimes completely paralyzes my brain because the ones I choose might not be as good as the ones I don't choose.
Old 6th October 2020, 04:09 PM   #462790  /  #4034
Cunt
Unregistered member

I was bounding through the trails the other day, and fell flat on my face. While there, assessing my old bones for damage, it occurred to me that my ground cover is better than your ground cover.

Spoiler

Quote:

Yay from
borealis (6th October 2020)
Old 6th October 2020, 04:29 PM   #462792  /  #4035
borealis
poikilothermic

Nice.

You know I live in bog country, right? I have similar ground cover mere metres away.

Upland bogs smell wonderful, especially now, because you have the sharp scent of slowly dying foliage above the fragrance of peat mosses.

But I need new rubber boots - my old ones are leaky beyond repair due to degraded rubber. Why don't things last a lifetime? The best pair of hiking boots I ever had only lasted 22 years and one new set of soles.
Old 6th October 2020, 07:22 PM   #462796  /  #4036
Cunt
Unregistered member

Quote:
Nice.

You know I live in bog country, right? I have similar ground cover mere metres away.
I suggest more time spent face-planting in it.

Holy shit is it ever beautiful up close.

Quote:
Upland bogs smell wonderful, especially now, because you have the sharp scent of slowly dying foliage above the fragrance of peat mosses.
This photo was from a few weeks ago, so you should be there now.
Quote:

But I need new rubber boots - my old ones are leaky beyond repair due to degraded rubber. Why don't things last a lifetime? The best pair of hiking boots I ever had only lasted 22 years and one new set of soles.
I can't get anyone to re-sole mine. Thought of learning to repair shoes/open a shop here, but history kills that business.

(used to be one here, owner was convicted of something awful)

Quote:

Yay from
borealis (6th October 2020), Mantisdreamz (8th October 2020)
Old 6th October 2020, 09:42 PM   #462801  /  #4037
longhair75

My brother in law owned a shoe repair business and did really well. He always had more business than he could do without working 12 hour days. His wife passed away a few years ago and he just lost himself in his work. He closed the shop at the end of 2019 due to health. He still does repairs for a shoe store that sells most of the safety shoes to the blue collar community here.

I hung up my safety shoes a few weeks ago........
Cunt (7th October 2020), oblivion (7th October 2020)
Old 8th October 2020, 09:21 AM   #462829  /  #4038
Mantisdreamz

Quote:
It is lovely here today, sunny, mild, lake is a mirror for the brilliant foliage. Purple and white asters are in full bloom, contrasting with all the red-orange-yellow-rust shrubbery.

I'm starting my return to painting with something not too challenging, half a dozen 60x80 cm painted canvas floor cloths, which allows for more simple and mostly symmetric designs. I've had a lot of images floating around in my head for a while, and this morning while doing some prep on the canvases part of my brain was observing the messy indecisive creative process going on, which might be described something like this:

...double borders wide innerborder wash of yellow and green shadowy leaf shapes or honeysuckle vine i love the shapes and colours of honeysuckle centre panel hummingbirds against a yellow wall and a climbing honeysuckle vine but would i rather paint a close view of a wildflowers in grass from above wild strawberry flowers forget-me-not and yarrow out of season but hey and ripe strawberries too for a bit of scarlet or make that the border for something else salmon swimming in a celtic knot of river a border of crows around a central owl a swirl of barn swallows against a blue sky thin saplings against a pale yellow twilight...

And so on. These aren't verbal thoughts, but images fully realised and idealised, the results are never as good as the conceptualisations. And deciding which ones to follow sometimes completely paralyzes my brain because the ones I choose might not be as good as the ones I don't choose.
keep it simple, b

All those ideas, could be like - 10 different paintings
Old 8th October 2020, 09:21 AM   #462830  /  #4039
Mantisdreamz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunt View Post
Quote:
Nice.

I suggest more time spent face-planting in it.

Holy shit is it ever beautiful up close.

Quote:
This photo was from a few weeks ago, so you should be there now.
Quote:

I can't get anyone to re-sole mine. Thought of learning to repair shoes/open a shop here, but history kills that business.

(used to be one here, owner was convicted of something awful)
that photo is awesome
Yay from
Cunt (8th October 2020)
Old 8th October 2020, 09:25 AM   #462831  /  #4040
Mantisdreamz

Quote:
Quote:

keep it simple, b

All those ideas, could be like - 10 different paintings

seriously, too much can be hampering.

I'd like to see all those potential paintings. Start with the yellow and green back drop with a simple hummingbird, maybe ?! with a bright red food hanging thing for them, maybe? The red would be a focal point!
Old 9th October 2020, 07:53 PM   #462915  /  #4041
borealis
poikilothermic

I've started with yellow wall, border of yellow green overlaid with honeysuckle vine that breaks into the center panel. Hummingbirds in each corner in various flight positions, vines intruding into central cluster that features a nest.
Old 12th October 2020, 06:17 AM   #462979  /  #4042
Mantisdreamz

Quote:
I've started with yellow wall, border of yellow green overlaid with honeysuckle vine that breaks into the center panel. Hummingbirds in each corner in various flight positions, vines intruding into central cluster that features a nest.
awesome!!

random, but we actually have a blue jay's nest in our tree. Pretty cool. Usually they are those types of birds that you don't often get to spot, but I've spotted the couple a few times now feeding off some of the geranium.

Heard a flock of birds fighting in the tree a few weeks ago, looked up and saw some blue jays fly out. So ya. Kinda cool!
Old 12th October 2020, 10:36 AM   #463014  /  #4043
Mantisdreamz

walking trail today

Old 12th October 2020, 10:36 AM   #463015  /  #4044
Mantisdreamz

Old 12th October 2020, 10:37 AM   #463016  /  #4045
Mantisdreamz

Old 12th October 2020, 10:43 AM   #463017  /  #4046
Mantisdreamz

Old 12th October 2020, 03:25 PM   #463022  /  #4047
Cunt
Unregistered member

Those pics didn't load for me...

Laid in the dirt to take some photos of friends running an abandoned road yesterday. It was BEAUTIFUL.
Spoiler

There were leaves.
Spoiler

My running sweetheart (among others)
Spoiler

And more leaves.
Spoiler

This bit shows more, how rotten the road has become. It's been abandoned since 2001, and currently, a handsome young frenchman can be ten feet below his beautiful daughter, while standing on the same bit of road.

Spoiler

Quote:

Yay from
borealis (12th October 2020)
Old 13th October 2020, 03:16 AM   #463036  /  #4048
MondoVman
Giant Member

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Southwest Atlantica
Quote:
walking trail today
Mantis, I could see all your recent pics itt for one single brief moment,
afterwhich they were all permanently replaced with the graphic dash ( - )
as I reported about another of your pics in another thread.

I suspect that the googlecontent link of your pics somehow
defeats or boggles the "mind" of the cache algorithm on my (and Cunt's)
laptops, such that the cached pics are lost or hidden within our laptops.

Side note: Still sad that everyone's pics at TinyPic are no longer.
Old 13th October 2020, 04:01 AM   #463037  /  #4049
Zeluvia
Send Cash or Drugs

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Evil Duckess
I can't see them either

Zeluvia is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 13th October 2020, 12:42 PM   #463046  /  #4050
longhair75

Nor can I

MindRomp Forum > Culture, the Arts and Humanities > Lifestyle and Entertainment

Tags
apology accepted, canadian lobster sucks, daves not home man, fuck off cunt, fucking cat, get a job, horse's handbrake, jack, mate, penis, penis penis penis, purple throbbing heat seeking moisture missile, sparrows