FAQ Janitors Arcade
Go Back   MindRomp Forum > Community > Rompus Room

Rompus Room Bring all your toys to share

Old 31st May 2012, 05:31 PM   #46336  /  #1
Gonzo
...kupo?

Random Romps

A thread for all of the things.

Ripping off a famous thread authored by my internet nemesis. I feel no guilt, I seek only pleasure.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.

Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 2nd June 2012, 02:08 PM   #46605  /  #2
Magicziggy
vandal

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Loadsamoney
This is random. Did I tell you about my bin? As in garbage bin. I know I need to write in many dialects here.

Anyway, my bin.. It's the blue bin actually. Thats for all the household rubbish that can't go in the yellow recycle bin or green garden waste bin. So I have three bins. I only use two as there is no garden here .. Although curiously I do have a green bin . It's taken me about a month to half fill the yellow bin. But I digress.. The blue bin.

There are ten flats/ units/ apartments in my block. It's a normal sized block so you can imagine that bin collection day is a bit of a free for all to get the things lined up on the side if the road so they can be emptied. Actually the green and yellows are alternate weeks. The blue is every week.

So some fucker has been putting their rubbish / garbage/ trash in my bin. And it gets full by about Tuesday and bin collection is on Monday. First I thought I had id'd the culprit. Single white female with purple bin bags. I saw her taking them out and then lo and behold my bin is overflowing with purple bin bags. Then the bin is mysteriously put out for me on Sunday night but by Wednesday still hasn't been brought in. In fact its lying forlornly on its side on the pavement/ sidewalk. So I bring it in. Three hours later it's got more bags in it. White ones this time. And some trashed mail. Aha.. A lead .. Hmmm flat 6.. Indian couple.. Not much of a lead.. I often dump junk mail in the nearest available bin. Not quite the same as the volume my bin is being subjected to.

I'm thinking of a sting operation. Or retaliation. Defintitely going to spray paint a skull on the lid. These people are nuts.
Magicziggy is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
rachmarie (23rd December 2016)
Old 2nd June 2012, 06:07 PM   #46626  /  #3
Gonzo
...kupo?

nothing-says-you-spend-too-much-time-on-the-internet-like-a-meme-cake

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.

Yay from
Old 2nd June 2012, 07:16 PM   #46629  /  #4
oblivion
Asylum

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Norton's Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicziggy View Post
This is random. Did I tell you about my bin? As in garbage bin. I know I need to write in many dialects here.

Anyway, my bin.. It's the blue bin actually. Thats for all the household rubbish that can't go in the yellow recycle bin or green garden waste bin. So I have three bins. I only use two as there is no garden here .. Although curiously I do have a green bin . It's taken me about a month to half fill the yellow bin. But I digress.. The blue bin.

There are ten flats/ units/ apartments in my block. It's a normal sized block so you can imagine that bin collection day is a bit of a free for all to get the things lined up on the side if the road so they can be emptied. Actually the green and yellows are alternate weeks. The blue is every week.

So some fucker has been putting their rubbish / garbage/ trash in my bin. And it gets full by about Tuesday and bin collection is on Monday. First I thought I had id'd the culprit. Single white female with purple bin bags. I saw her taking them out and then lo and behold my bin is overflowing with purple bin bags. Then the bin is mysteriously put out for me on Sunday night but by Wednesday still hasn't been brought in. In fact its lying forlornly on its side on the pavement/ sidewalk. So I bring it in. Three hours later it's got more bags in it. White ones this time. And some trashed mail. Aha.. A lead .. Hmmm flat 6.. Indian couple.. Not much of a lead.. I often dump junk mail in the nearest available bin. Not quite the same as the volume my bin is being subjected to.

I'm thinking of a sting operation. Or retaliation. Defintitely going to spray paint a skull on the lid. These people are nuts.
This happened to us once years ago. There were these trash can sheds out by the carports, scattered through the complex. When we got to the bottom of it, we learned that the person filling up our trash can thought it was her trash can. It was sorted with minimal fuss.

a spray painted skull might do the trick!
oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 2nd June 2012, 07:51 PM   #46630  /  #5
borealis
poikilothermic

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Canada
Hmm. We have blue bags for recyclables, green bags for garbage, papers/magazines go out in a plastic grocery bag, and we have big green municipality-issued compost bins into which all organics, including veg, meat, fish, edible oil, boxboard (think cereal boxes), small amounts of garden waste must be put. They each have a computer chip which links that compost bin to the municipal address.

Biggest problem out here is black bears in early spring. They like meaty fishy oily compost.
borealis is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 2nd June 2012, 10:23 PM   #46635  /  #6
borealis
poikilothermic

I'm singing and playing one song solo this evening, three others with my group. It'll only be 80 to 100 local people in the audience, it's just a benefit show for someone, so why am I as usual all freaked out about soloing?
Old 2nd June 2012, 11:47 PM   #46651  /  #7
MSG
Ol' Zipperlaig

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Nyfb
what style of singing?
Old 3rd June 2012, 01:18 AM   #46663  /  #8
Gonzo
...kupo?

It's interesting to cashier... people come through the line... some very happy, some very impatient and angry, some quite obviously poor, some obviously doing quite well for themselves, some young and crazy, some old and senile, some distressed and not doing so well...

I suppose if you do it long enough the emotion turns to: eh, just people. Fuck 'em all, but I find it kind of therapeutic.

Old 3rd June 2012, 01:20 AM   #46664  /  #9
Gonzo
...kupo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by borealis View Post
I'm singing and playing one song solo this evening, three others with my group. It'll only be 80 to 100 local people in the audience, it's just a benefit show for someone, so why am I as usual all freaked out about soloing?
What song?

Doing a solo takes courage, good luck!

Old 3rd June 2012, 03:38 AM   #46711  /  #10
borealis
poikilothermic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG View Post
what style of singing?
Song was Wild Goose by Wade Hemsworth, Canadian songwriter who mostly wrote about Northern Ontario wilderness in the forties. There's a vid of him singing it online, but I've completely rearranged it until it's not even the same tune.

So a folk song, chords Am, D, Dm, F, G, C.
Old 3rd June 2012, 03:41 AM   #46712  /  #11
borealis
poikilothermic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
Quote:
What song?

Doing a solo takes courage, good luck!
See above.

And it went really well, I got a lot of ego boosting compliments, including from several local musicians I really respect.

But o man I was so nervous I could barely find the first chord.
Yay from
Old 3rd June 2012, 03:41 AM   #46713  /  #12
MSG
Ol' Zipperlaig

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Nyfb
hippie folk music. figures...

[]

Last edited by MSG; 3rd June 2012 at 03:43 AM.
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 3rd June 2012, 03:43 AM   #46714  /  #13
borealis
poikilothermic

Worse: really really old hippie folk music!

You should hear me sing Omie Wise.
Old 3rd June 2012, 06:24 AM   #46821  /  #14
nostrum
too boring to be considered weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblivion View Post
Quote:

This happened to us once years ago. There were these trash can sheds out by the carports, scattered through the complex. When we got to the bottom of it, we learned that the person filling up our trash can thought it was her trash can. It was sorted with minimal fuss.

a spray painted skull might do the trick!
fashion a lock for it. I know what these apartment dweller types are like. Now it's purple bags, next week it'll be body parts, you mark my works
Old 3rd June 2012, 06:24 AM   #46822  /  #15
nostrum
too boring to be considered weird

Quote:

sound bite OINH
Old 3rd June 2012, 08:09 AM   #46830  /  #16
charlou
arseist

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: residing on a mote of dust in the universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by nostrum View Post
Quote:

sound bite OINH
And we have just the spot for it: http://mindromp.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1088
charlou is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 3rd June 2012, 08:46 AM   #46837  /  #17
charlou
arseist

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: residing on a mote of dust in the universe
Quote:
tehehehe
charlou is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 3rd June 2012, 01:36 PM   #46862  /  #18
Magicziggy
vandal

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Loadsamoney
At what point do I give up on the washing ever drying because it keeps raining?
Magicziggy is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 3rd June 2012, 01:38 PM   #46866  /  #19
borealis
poikilothermic

Quote:
Quote:

sound bite OINH
If I could figure out

1. How to produce a sound bite, and
2. How to upload it and where

I might very timidly comply.
Old 3rd June 2012, 02:43 PM   #46901  /  #20
Gonzo
...kupo?

Raidiohead concert in... 3 days!

Old 3rd June 2012, 03:24 PM   #46911  /  #21
Gonzo
...kupo?

Old 3rd June 2012, 05:29 PM   #46913  /  #22
oblivion
Asylum

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Norton's Empire
oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 3rd June 2012, 07:41 PM   #46934  /  #23
Gonzo
...kupo?

The Five Remembrances
Quote:

I am of the nature to grow old.
There is no way to escape growing old.
I am of the nature to have ill heath.
There is no way to escape having ill health.
I am of the nature to die.
There is no way to escape death.
All that is dear to me and everyone I love are of the nature of change. There is no way to escape being separated from them.
My deeds are my closest companions.
I am the beneficiary of my deeds.
My deeds are the ground on which I stand.

Old 3rd June 2012, 07:53 PM   #46938  /  #24
Gonzo
...kupo?

I came across a turtle! :3

Old 4th June 2012, 02:24 AM   #47027  /  #25
ericv00

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Seattle
Quote:
next week it'll be body parts, you mark my works
Freudian slip?

MindRomp Forum > Community > Rompus Room

Tags
!! http://affinelayer.com/pixsrv/index.html, almostresponded2jerome, fuckoffop8, fuckzeltheoldcoot, get a job, i hope your happy, kermy, msg is the incident, penis, purple pulsating pillar of power, purple throbbing heat seeking moisture missile, random is as random does, shocked to the core, the msg incident, the other msg incident, userisonyourignorelist, what's all this then