Links
Portal |  Forum | Core Values | 
MindRomp Forum  

FAQ Janitors Arcade
Go Back   MindRomp Forum > General Discussion > News, Sports & Politics

News, Sports & Politics Hello, good evening, and welcome...

Old 13th November 2016, 11:06 PM   #363001  /  #2776
rachmarie
Equi-Feminist Extraordinaire

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Buffalo, NY
spruce you are sweet, Mike Pence is most definitely NOT sweet.

Is not a Jiffy alt sock
rachmarie is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 13th November 2016, 11:12 PM   #363003  /  #2777
spruce
redolent needling balm

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Appalachia, CSA
Well, there is that Pence wants to be a sort of Dick Cheney VP.

"She swallowed the bird to catch the spider,
That wriggled and jiggled and tickled inside 'er." - MSG (of diva)
* ^ * ^ * ^ * ^ * ^ *
I smell the STANK OF DEF!
spruce is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
rachmarie (13th November 2016)
Old 13th November 2016, 11:25 PM   #363008  /  #2778
Jerome
Life is just a bowl of cherries

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Pleasant Living
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeluvia View Post
http://www.oldamericancentury.org/14pts.htm
Didn't the Bush clan support Clinton?

We have had the same administration since 1988.
Old 13th November 2016, 11:27 PM   #363009  /  #2779
Jerome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicziggy View Post
You give way too much credit to the DNC to be able to organise anything. This election proves it.
Wrong. There is documented evidence, video, written communications, plus federal campaign public filings.
Old 13th November 2016, 11:29 PM   #363011  /  #2780
Jerome

Quote:
Or... you could accept that the left has a very long history public protest.
For or against some policy, not the outcome of an election.

This is different.
Old 13th November 2016, 11:29 PM   #363012  /  #2781
Majiffy
I'll have you know I'm popular on many web forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by spruce View Post
Well, there is that Pence wants to be a sort of Dick Cheney VP.
But only "sort of" sort of, in reality, 100% and more

ʘᴥʘ
pledged my daily allegiance to Satan and pear-shaped air hockey turntable earth
Vivere diu rebellionus!

Proud propagator of the "fire for warmth" myth
Majiffy is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
Old 13th November 2016, 11:34 PM   #363018  /  #2782
gib
mild mannered janitor

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: the thin one out of Laurel & Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachmarie View Post
Well this Pagan will be praying over the next 4 years that Trump stays alive and well and does not get impeached or some such.

Why?

Because the idea of President Mike Pence is too fucking scary.
My worst nightmare too. That this movement should give the religious right a leg-up is frightening indeed.
aren't they mainly old people who will die eventually, the younger right wingers seem a lot more darwinist, or is that just that reddit you hear about these days
Old 13th November 2016, 11:36 PM   #363019  /  #2783
rachmarie

Um for years I have joked around about being from no organized political party ... I am a Democrat.

Is not a Jiffy alt sock
Old 13th November 2016, 11:39 PM   #363020  /  #2784
Dionysus
absinthe minded

Quote:
Originally Posted by borealis View Post
Or... you could accept that the left has a very long history public protest. It's a feature, not a bug. There really isn't much violence accompanying these marches, and what there is may well be exactly what we see in almost every large protest - people with no interest in the purpose of the protest taking advantage of the situation to create a little mayhem, just because they can.
Yes but what are they protesting? My point is that any protest against a democratic vote is by definition anti-democratic. I do not accept that the left or right or anyone has the right to deflect the democratic process. Trump won the election and any protest against that is a protest against democracy itself.

Quote:
Hillary - one of the most Universally loathed politicians on the planet
Quote:
Well, that's just not true. She isn't by any measure 'universally loathed'. The most appalling things have been said about her during the campaign, worse than anything I've seen about Trump. Notably regarding her health, there was an actual rah-rah campaign on a Trump supporter site to keep posting that photo of her being helped into a van after she fainted at the 9/11 memorial service, captioned describing her being thrown into the van 'like a side of beef', a 'slab of beef', 'a sack of DemoRat shit', followed by pages of derisive comments on her health, her age, her gender. The effort was meant to get that photo to be the first return on Google if you searched her name.
Yup, it sure was an ugly and vicious campaign - on both sides.

Quote:
But crap like that does not make her 'universally loathed'.
I don't personally loathe her but she is surely mentally ill and unfit for office. She's like some kind of psychotic Walter Mitty and does the compulsive liar thing even when she has absolutely no need to at all. The bullshit in Kosovo, for one example, when she claimed to be under sniper fire at the airport which was easily shown from video footage to be totally delusional. She just makes shit up and believes it's true. She has a long history of, er, "misspeak" which is now a word redefined in popular culture to designate Hillary's fantasies. Everyone knows she's crazy. She's a nut job - and a very dangerous nut job.

Much like the 'never Trump' component of the Reps there was an at least equal and vociferous 'never Hillary' component of the Dems.

Quote:
She damn near won. Some who voted for her may not have liked her, but they hardly loathed her. This is witch hunt territory.
And yet Trump not only nearly but actually did 'damn well win' yet all of a sudden that doesn't matter at all and it's ok for the losers to mount the mother of all witch hunts over it.

Last edited by Dionysus; 13th November 2016 at 11:42 PM.
Dionysus is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 13th November 2016, 11:39 PM   #363021  /  #2785
spruce
redolent needling balm

Quote:
Um for years I have joked around about being from no organized political party ... I am a Democrat.
me too.

* ^ * ^ * ^ * ^ * ^ *
Yay from
Old 13th November 2016, 11:39 PM   #363022  /  #2786
rachmarie

Somewhat true though there are a lot of young fresh faced arrows for God around too, like the 7 kids that belong to the guy who was trying to force me to attend his church

Most are older, but the Evangelical movement has also worked hard on getting more young folk in as well as pushing for their members to breed them. There are books, movies, rock bands, and so on designed to appeal to young people and still give them a Christian message.

Is not a Jiffy alt sock
Old 13th November 2016, 11:45 PM   #363023  /  #2787
rachmarie

Not protesting a democratic vote, protesting the policies that Trump ran on. Even if he is backing off some of those now that he is elected, he did a lot of sound bites that affect a lot of people. He did pick the godfather of the religious "freedom" laws, and is a guy who thinks that shoving a bunch of electricity through my body would straighten me right up.

I have had seizures before, and I really don't want to be put through ECT which causes seizures and memory loss among other things, just because I find both men and women sexually attractive.

Is not a Jiffy alt sock
Old 13th November 2016, 11:48 PM   #363024  /  #2788
Jerome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facetious View Post
Some of Trump's policies are a bit fascist. He wants to police the authority to arrest foreign looking people for even the most minor of crimes, imprison them and then see if they're legally entitled to be in the country.
You are mixing up two different things.

He wants to allow cities to do stop and frisk. He really has no say in the matter as President, so it doesn't matter. Btw, stop and frisk is unconstitutional.

Now under Obama the Border Patrol set up inland stop and frisk checks on US highways ... talk about illegal and fascist.

Quote:
If he's looking to deport 2 to 3 million people, he's going to need some pretty damn big internment camps and also massively ramp up the number of military to track down illegal immigrants.
There are about 1 million illegals that are rapists, murders, and the like. That is who he is going to deport.

Totally legal, in fact, every country does this and had done this throughout all of history!

Please present a sound argument to keep rapists and murders in the country.

Quote:
Also there's the whole everyone's out to get us, the world's being controlled by Jews, Muslims are all wanting to bomb us, we need to secure our borders, increase the military. That combined with his economic policies which are protectionist and interventionist - it all very similar to fascist governments of days gone by.
Not seeing the 'everyone' is out to get us thing .. there are Muslim terrorists that do want to kill us.

I have no idea what you are talking about the jews .. pretty sure one if his grandchildren is a jew .. idk

Securing borders is a natural state for any nation. We have the most open borders in the world. We let in 1,000,000 legal immigrants per year.

What is wrong will only letting in the legal people? Like screen them for disease and criminality? Like that is a normal natural thing all countries do.
Old 13th November 2016, 11:48 PM   #363025  /  #2789
Majiffy

So I was down at an Occupy event earlier today and was going to give a speech then didn't because I couldn't work up the nerve.
So I'll share it here with you fine folk instead;

Quote:
We come here for a hundred reasons, each of us unique in our experiences and upbringing, each of us from different ethnic and economic backgrounds, each and every one of us a beautiful and independent person.

And despite the very many differences between us all, we find we have more in common than sets us apart. We find laughter, good conversation and friendships do not lie on political lines.

Make no mistake; there is no us vs them. It's just us.

We are the difference we can make in our communities, every day. We can continue to see progress just because that's where we've been going this whole time.

We didn't lose anything on Tuesday night. We are still here. We are still okay.

We come together for a million reasons, but we stay together for one:

Love

ʘᴥʘ
Vivere diu rebellionus!

Yay from
Old 13th November 2016, 11:52 PM   #363026  /  #2790
Majiffy

Quote:
Yes but what are they protesting? My point is that any protest against a democratic vote is by definition anti-democratic. I do not accept that the left or right or anyone has the right to deflect the democratic process. Trump won the election and any protest against that is a protest against democracy itself.
I agree, and they're really doing more harm than help to their individual movements by framing it as Anti-Trump, "Not our president", etc.

ʘᴥʘ
Vivere diu rebellionus!

Yay from
Old 13th November 2016, 11:59 PM   #363027  /  #2791
Dionysus
absinthe minded

Quote:
Originally Posted by gib View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Well this Pagan will be praying over the next 4 years that Trump stays alive and well and does not get impeached or some such.

Why?

Because the idea of President Mike Pence is too fucking scary.
My worst nightmare too. That this movement should give the religious right a leg-up is frightening indeed.
aren't they mainly old people who will die eventually, the younger right wingers seem a lot more darwinist, or is that just that reddit you hear about these days
Hope so but haven't really looked much - can hardly bear to. There seems always to be this creationist undercurrent in the GOP. For example you know I'm a bit bothered about what I consider to be the voodoo cult pseudoscientific religion of carbon dioxide and yet one of the major scientists refuting it - Dr. Roy Spencer - is a full on creationist. There are many others who are not creationists but still.

Mind you they do pop up in the strangest of places. I worked with a couple of PhD students, one with a physics masters and the other with an electrical engineering degree and the pair of them were fully on board with people riding around on dinos six thousand years ago. Funny old world

Last edited by Dionysus; 14th November 2016 at 12:33 AM.
Dionysus is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 14th November 2016, 12:03 AM   #363028  /  #2792
Jerome

Quote:
as for the muslims, i'm interested in how he'll deal with the saudis, you know, the ones that actually did attack america. Or will he go with alex jones, so much to look forward to
The reason we overthrew Ukraine and are fighting to overthrow Syria is for a pipeline from Arabia to Europe, bypassing Russia.

So with the exit and this election, did the UK and the USA just realign with Russia against Europe?
Old 14th November 2016, 12:06 AM   #363029  /  #2793
rachmarie

Yeah it is important to focus on the actual issues. Like how far do we support States Rights, and when is it okay for the Feds to step in.

Like who will be the judges on SCOTUS

Like health care, what changes will happen, and how will we make sure our people are covered.

Like how will we address immigration issues both legal and illegal immigration. How will we address how to protect people of color from violence, much of which is done by people who are supposed to protect the public.

Like how do we get abusive cops out of the force and help support good cops.

Like how do we protect the rights of ALL religions not just Christianity, and even those who have no religion, in a way that is fair to all.

Like how do we help so many left behind with the sudden changes in the economic model and prepare people better for the kind of jobs of the future.

Like how do we undo some of the damage we have done with the environment, and protect our world, and balance that with making sure people are not just thrown out of work with nothing to fall back on.

Like how do we help rural folk and urban folk to see they are not from different planets.

Like how do we fight the media who want to divide us, make us fear, make us angry because that brings in the bucks into their stations. How do we show Joe Q American that there are many good people with good stories out there that are not being told.

When we start addressing those issues, and in a fair and balanced way that does not put down either side, but brings them together, then we will have healed our country.

Is not a Jiffy alt sock
Old 14th November 2016, 12:46 AM   #363031  /  #2794
Zeluvia
Send Cash or Drugs

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Evil Duckess
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
Quote:
as for the muslims, i'm interested in how he'll deal with the saudis, you know, the ones that actually did attack america. Or will he go with alex jones, so much to look forward to
The reason we overthrew Ukraine and are fighting to overthrow Syria is for a pipeline from Arabia to Europe, bypassing Russia.

So with the exit and this election, did the UK and the USA just realign with Russia against Europe?
Pipeline and water politics...I bet the voters had no facking clue.

Zeluvia is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 14th November 2016, 01:29 AM   #363034  /  #2795
Majiffy

Oh hey you know what issue was completely buried this election cycle?

Clean fucking water

Why are we not discussing that hundreds of cities in the U.S. have failing infrastructure that is resulting in the water being poisoned by lead and other dangerous substances?

Kind of a fucking pertinent thing we should maybe be discussing. I like being able to drink clean water.

ʘᴥʘ
Vivere diu rebellionus!

Yay from
borealis (14th November 2016), Dionysus (14th November 2016), gib (14th November 2016), rachmarie (14th November 2016)
Old 14th November 2016, 01:49 AM   #363047  /  #2796
rachmarie

um yeah clean water is a good thing and I kind of lumped that in with the environmental issue.

Is not a Jiffy alt sock
Old 14th November 2016, 02:00 AM   #363052  /  #2797
Majiffy

Yeah but that really should be priority number one

Because water

That we drink

ʘᴥʘ
Vivere diu rebellionus!

Yay from
rachmarie (14th November 2016)
Old 14th November 2016, 02:00 AM   #363053  /  #2798
Majiffy

Anything else is just touching up the trim while the house is on fire

ʘᴥʘ
Vivere diu rebellionus!

Yay from
rachmarie (14th November 2016)
Old 14th November 2016, 02:05 AM   #363056  /  #2799
rachmarie

yeah clean water, clean air, stuff like that is very important.

because we can go a while without eating, but without water very short

And breathing, well without oxygen, you die in minutes not hours or days.

Is not a Jiffy alt sock
Old 14th November 2016, 02:13 AM   #363059  /  #2800
spruce
redolent needling balm

I thought they found water on Mars?

* ^ * ^ * ^ * ^ * ^ *
Yay from
Majiffy (14th November 2016), rachmarie (14th November 2016)

MindRomp Forum > General Discussion > News, Sports & Politics

Tags
dumfuckithread, facetious wins, get a job, its ok just dont let it happen again, jerome owns this gay thread, no thanks, pencil, penis, penis penis penis, purple pulsating pillar of power, purple throbbing heat seeking moisture missile, sorry about that, spruce makes sense, this thread literally dehydrates you to death