Links
Portal |  Forum | Core Values | 
MindRomp Forum  

FAQ Janitors Arcade
Go Back   MindRomp Forum > Culture, the Arts and Humanities > Lifestyle and Entertainment

Lifestyle and Entertainment I am not bovvered

Old 20th September 2020, 05:13 AM   #462340  /  #4001
Mantisdreamz
corridors, refectories and files

Wrong thread, but just speaking of running, I did a 2.5km jog today. I was beat after, even though that's a pretty short amount. Tiredness probably played a part. But, I've got some work to do. I know how it is though.. the more you do it, the easier it gets and the farther you can go.
Mantisdreamz is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 20th September 2020, 08:37 AM   #462349  /  #4002
Cunt
Unregistered member

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Circum-polar region
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantisdreamz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunt View Post
Quote:
^So with that, it doesn't matter if you are a few pounds heavier or under -- as long as you are within a reasonable range. I think it seems stressful to worry too much about getting things exact regarding body weight.
It does matter. It is a sliding scale, and from 'optimal' (that range I wish I could define clearly) it is shitttier and shittier as one gets further away from it.

I don't know if the 'error bars' should be set at 1% of bodyweight, or 10%, but the commonly repeated platitudes about it not mattering ignore an awful lot of data.

It's CRITICALLY important to get it right, and somehow the lie that being careful about it is UNhealthy, overtook it.

Looking around, I know which is causing more human suffering.
With the amount you run, you should be okay though, no? Like - if you have great cardio, you're going to be in pretty good shape, I would imagine. Without thinking too much beyond that
I'm a great example.

I've 'run well' (run 40+km / week and enjoy it) for years, with my bodyweight ranging from 176lbs, to 210lbs. It's a fairly big difference, and I DID notice differences.

By any clear metric I can think of, I'm better lighter.

There are nearly no good arguments for a longer waistband.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG View Post
zel, would you consider not enabling the shitting up of our forum by engaging in these conversations?

Cunt is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 20th September 2020, 10:34 AM   #462357  /  #4003
Mantisdreamz

how did you fluctuate so much, if you were running and doing cardio? Was it due to stuff that you ate?

I've lost 7 pounds now, with the PUSH diet! And the DASH diet - which involves cutting down on fats and salt (to an extent). I had a burger and fries today, but overall, I am cutting down.

The PUSH diet means, to push your fat ass away once you've eaten enough. It means, essentially, don't over eat. Push yourself away once you've eaten enough, ie, don't overdue it.

Once I start trying to jog a bit more, I hope to get down another 4-5 pounds. My ideal weight is around 128-132 pounds.
Old 20th September 2020, 12:54 PM   #462364  /  #4004
longhair75
rose tints my world and keeps me safe

I seemingly gained about ten pounds in just a few days. The weight stabilized and I couldn't seem to start dropping it. One morning I looked down and realized that my scale had been pushed up against the leg of Sunflower's dressing table. I moved it about an inch and instantly dropped the phantom ten pounds.
borealis (20th September 2020), charlou (22nd September 2020), Mantisdreamz (23rd September 2020), nostrum (20th September 2020), Zeluvia (20th September 2020)
Old 20th September 2020, 04:49 PM   #462378  /  #4005
Cunt
Unregistered member

Quote:
how did you fluctuate so much, if you were running and doing cardio? Was it due to stuff that you ate?
CICO is real. I ate more than I needed, so gained weight.

Quote:
I've lost 7 pounds now, with the PUSH diet! And the DASH diet - which involves cutting down on fats and salt (to an extent). I had a burger and fries today, but overall, I am cutting down.

The PUSH diet means, to push your fat ass away once you've eaten enough. It means, essentially, don't over eat. Push yourself away once you've eaten enough, ie, don't overdue it.
The best way I've found, to manage it, is to figure out what I need, and eat precisely toward my goal.

When I eat TDEE - 20%, I lose about 2lbs per week. When I eat too much (when I don't count, I tend to eat more than I need) I gain about the same rate.

Cardio improves heart health, and some other good things, but it doesn't lose you weight unless coupled with eating below your TDEE.

There are complications...such as, if you gain muscle mass (a slow process) your weight can rise while your waistband shrinks, but that's rare, and you would likely know if you were accomplishing that, because the exercises would be showing you strength gains.

Quote:
Once I start trying to jog a bit more, I hope to get down another 4-5 pounds. My ideal weight is around 128-132 pounds.
My sweetheart just went below 130lbs for the first time in her adult memory. She has been quite pleased with it, and I have noticed strong improvements in her running and overall strength.

If you want to start running, the smartest help is an old guy named John Stanton. He wrote a delicious book, and started a store (the Running Room) but really, he just wanted to share running. If you can find a copy of his book, it will have a guide for how to begin running, and has many other programs which can lead you to any number of exciting running goals.

But here is the key to it, and please try to understand this bit:

Running should feel good, if you are well, and doing it right. When that happens, you should feel tempted to do more, which feels even BETTER.

Then you get an overuse injury.

So what I'm saying is, enthusiasm won't be a good guide.

Plan, and stick to it. You still think you are young, but I assure you, you are old, AND a new runner. Running is the easiest and gentlest exercise you can do.

Add a little spike of enthusiasm, it is the most difficult, brutal and ruinous activity an athlete can participate in.

I'm going out to run with a pal who is a tall, busty bureaucrat in our government, a nurse-wannabe who has the CUTEST little pomeranian (who won't be coming) and a local tech entrepeneur, who yesterday brought along the MOST cute and sprinty 7-year-old, on a trail run I organize which has a friendly theme.

Today, we will run the Humble Mile, and I'll tell them my friend Mantis is beginning to run. I assure you, they will be cheering for you, even if not quite as much as I am.

Quote:
zel, would you consider not enabling the shitting up of our forum by engaging in these conversations?

Yay from
Mantisdreamz (23rd September 2020)
Old 4th October 2020, 11:34 PM   #462738  /  #4006
longhair75

For tonight an old camp favorite moved indoors: Foil dinners. The kids are not here for dinner tonight so I got 1.5lbs (680g) of lean ground beef and split it between the two of us. I chopped up a green pepper (capsicum?), some carrots, a zucchini, a sweet onion, a jalapeno, and a large potato. We each fixed our foil dinner with what pleased us. I used some of my barbecue rub and some red pepper flakes on mine. Sunflower skipped the green pepper and the jalapeno.

They are now in the oven for 45 minutes or so.

Last edited by longhair75; 4th October 2020 at 11:35 PM. Reason: board software still does not allow the accent mark over the e
longhair75 is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
borealis (5th October 2020), Mantisdreamz (5th October 2020)
Old 8th October 2020, 12:30 PM   #462838  /  #4007
Brother Daniel
bad case of gleeks

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: a peninsula in the North Atlantic
I'm slacking off. Somewhere around this time of year I'm supposed to make the following post:
Old 8th October 2020, 12:30 PM   #462839  /  #4008
Brother Daniel
bad case of gleeks

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: a peninsula in the North Atlantic
Apples.
borealis (9th October 2020)
Old 8th October 2020, 01:06 PM   #462841  /  #4009
Mantisdreamz

It's the apple picking time of year.

It's the time where you go and take a tractor ride with the kids and get dropped off somewhere, and then you have to climb some ladders to pick the best apples off the trees. And then, because the baby is crying, it's not so much fun anymore.. and they have a tantrum. But then you give them an apple to eat, and it's okay after that. And then you come home with 10 pounds of apple that you put into the crisper, and swear that you'll make a pie out of them.. but then you just eat half of them instead, and the half of the rest goes out to the compost. BUT, out of the endeavour, you get to purchase some yummy caramel sauce to go with the apples, that you make use of a few times, before the rest of it goes bad. Though, the apple cider that you buy in a 2 litre jug, will be fully consumed because, it is delicious.

APPLES!

I one upped you on the font there. Let's here your apple stories (that isn't intended to be a taunt, but an actual curious question).
Yay from
Brother Daniel (11th October 2020)
Old 8th October 2020, 03:40 PM   #462846  /  #4010
Imp
Inanimate bowl of pasta

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Waddle waddle
What do you know, I just picked an apple from a bag of apples I bought.
Old 8th October 2020, 03:51 PM   #462847  /  #4011
Mantisdreamz

... how convenient >.>
Old 8th October 2020, 04:09 PM   #462850  /  #4012
longhair75

There are a number of apple orchards about a 45 min drive from home. Every fall Mom and I would go and get a bunch of apples. She would make enough apple jelly and apple butter to last the winter. It tasted wonderful. Store bought apple jelly just isn't the same.

She has been gone 20 years and I miss her every day
Brother Daniel (10th October 2020), Cunt (8th October 2020), oblivion (10th October 2020)
Old 8th October 2020, 04:22 PM   #462853  /  #4013
Cunt
Unregistered member

No apples growing around here. We have a bit too much winter for orchards. Enjoy some for me

Quote:

Old 8th October 2020, 04:32 PM   #462856  /  #4014
Mantisdreamz

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhair75 View Post
There are a number of apple orchards about a 45 min drive from home. Every fall Mom and I would go and get a bunch of apples. She would make enough apple jelly and apple butter to last the winter. It tasted wonderful. Store bought apple jelly just isn't the same.

She has been gone 20 years and I miss her every day
I hear ya. My Dad has been gone not only a year and a half, and I think about him all the time too. Probably will continue that trend, just as you have with your Mom.

Sometimes I feel that I am a lot more like him, than I am my mom. My sister is a lot more like my mom. So, sometimes I kind of feel like I am missing out on my person (that person, being him).

My Aunt (mom's sister) does jelly every year.. one of her ingredients within the jelly is actually, a bit of jello. Bit sweet, but it tastes amazing. My Aunt is that person who does the whole fall fairs, knits, crochets (beautifully), bakes amazingly (nanaimo bars), makes jelly. She bases her life on the seasons. She has no kids. I like to reach out to her from time to time, through email. We get along pretty well. I'd like to spend more time with her, and maybe have her teach me a few things. Just hard to find the time. I'd like to make the time for it though. I should probably just call her on the phone, instead of wasting my time emailing. Phone chats are so much easier.

For the sake of chatting, what else did you mom do? What was she like? : )
Yay from
borealis (9th October 2020)
Old 10th October 2020, 11:26 AM   #462928  /  #4015
Brother Daniel
bad case of gleeks

I remember taking the kids out to the Annapolis Valley to pick apples from one of the orchards there. Fill up a large bag of apples straight from the tree, pay a ridiculously small amount of money for them, and take them all home.

TG at a very young age (2? 3? 4? 5? I can't remember) was wide-eyed about it.

I can't remember her exact words, but the essence of it was: What? You mean they actually, literally, grow on TREES?

Yes, kid, they do.

(City kids are funny. But then, I'm a city kid too.)
borealis (10th October 2020), Mantisdreamz (12th October 2020)
Old 10th October 2020, 11:30 AM   #462929  /  #4016
Brother Daniel
bad case of gleeks

On a related note, here's a picture of me and Boo from one of those trips a little earlier, shortly before TG was born.

http://mindromp.org/forum/showthread...=7071#post7071
Mantisdreamz (12th October 2020)
Old 10th October 2020, 03:06 PM   #462930  /  #4017
borealis
poikilothermic

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Canada
Nice pic!

Not apples, but my childcare centre once took 28 preschoolers to a upick farm. I will never forget the panicy tone of the farmer's voice as he said "In my tomatos?" We assured him we'd stick to potatoes and carrots.
Old 12th October 2020, 06:32 AM   #462974  /  #4018
Mantisdreamz

^I always wonder how it is for the educators taking on that many kids to an outing. Last one Liv went on, was to the sugar shack, last winter sometime. I think there may have been a few parent volunteers, but not too many. After that trip, she was obsessed with the song, "wheels on the bus"

Pic from apple picking a few years ago,

Yay from
Cunt (12th October 2020)
Old 13th October 2020, 03:37 AM   #463035  /  #4019
MondoVman
Giant Member

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Southwest Atlantica
Quote:
^I always wonder how it is for the educators taking on that many kids to an outing. Last one Liv went on, was to the sugar shack, last winter sometime. I think there may have been a few parent volunteers, but not too many. After that trip, she was obsessed with the song, "wheels on the bus"

Canadia-privilege in play: Here's the pic link by googlecontent to your pic, which presents as a graphic dash ( - ) symbol instead of the pic you intended we see.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/kyAvATGOtLXb5sGiTSfm7JQAAazniKAoS57dfSrI9yflfSdTbn 50ZAFVXpagXeEfhFpY3bpxb7k3CkM4fJ1DriuDj7x_XYzAi-Q8HfI-iPDPG9Ed86KisdFJWGp3bpaO8gXEEX9rVMQEdUlCo7eRdEybvk USuKhymUb5kXmKEhjYxI_vjOzMqNZG6g1F9O8Sdp5WtLEki_Go iWvvljmlL0JfP7Os0l4cFkX5c0FKmLmuKnsJEnINs-B_I6TL9DIz7eAxCdEdtDmtbERB7WeQic-uBbMT91hi9rGeEQpEWUIHBJ_HNlxFL_PY4vPowsA5VadNC6_d7 Kp_Xwzy7NiK9icOBcEnXxKTn3obgsAABbAi7gCMTlZehIYLboS EfjngnVIIacWRv3OPqu13FqusFdmCVAjvZPgCi0KnAks45BJcH o9AKihVO5sMMAe-7l-dkNnak3lEw3PiQ9VnRt4ASXwYMVf_38B45bpmPXMOyOA3_Hs1d HxGZ_RETH8LRW61n9b-qC0ovKSEbCN3DXPBqTOKPaoQOSvirwJ7fKNYWfcuej8piQGQ9x GN-JSbiSToT2NI33BMn7qBDjcrlbITov02gAXCrfUNzbzyAPu7qQ1 KUsrMJ8tbuKaF9x3J1rQ8PDgOoikVt61iFRV7tr9LYKH0bq0Y9 IoQhKB9FnrMaiEe2asSBXMfg5wK3kp0lA=w725-h966-no?authuser=0
Old 13th October 2020, 05:06 AM   #463038  /  #4020
Cunt
Unregistered member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MondoVman View Post
Quote:

Canadia-privilege in play: Here's the pic link by googlecontent to your pic, which presents as a graphic dash ( - ) symbol instead of the pic you intended we see.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/kyAvATGOtLXb5sGiTSfm7JQAAazniKAoS57dfSrI9yflfSdTbn 50ZAFVXpagXeEfhFpY3bpxb7k3CkM4fJ1DriuDj7x_XYzAi-Q8HfI-iPDPG9Ed86KisdFJWGp3bpaO8gXEEX9rVMQEdUlCo7eRdEybvk USuKhymUb5kXmKEhjYxI_vjOzMqNZG6g1F9O8Sdp5WtLEki_Go iWvvljmlL0JfP7Os0l4cFkX5c0FKmLmuKnsJEnINs-B_I6TL9DIz7eAxCdEdtDmtbERB7WeQic-uBbMT91hi9rGeEQpEWUIHBJ_HNlxFL_PY4vPowsA5VadNC6_d7 Kp_Xwzy7NiK9icOBcEnXxKTn3obgsAABbAi7gCMTlZehIYLboS EfjngnVIIacWRv3OPqu13FqusFdmCVAjvZPgCi0KnAks45BJcH o9AKihVO5sMMAe-7l-dkNnak3lEw3PiQ9VnRt4ASXwYMVf_38B45bpmPXMOyOA3_Hs1d HxGZ_RETH8LRW61n9b-qC0ovKSEbCN3DXPBqTOKPaoQOSvirwJ7fKNYWfcuej8piQGQ9x GN-JSbiSToT2NI33BMn7qBDjcrlbITov02gAXCrfUNzbzyAPu7qQ1 KUsrMJ8tbuKaF9x3J1rQ8PDgOoikVt61iFRV7tr9LYKH0bq0Y9 IoQhKB9FnrMaiEe2asSBXMfg5wK3kp0lA=w725-h966-no?authuser=0
So is that just the filename, with added noise to track who clicks it, where, and how hard?

Quote:

Old 13th October 2020, 08:26 AM   #463042  /  #4021
MondoVman
Giant Member

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Southwest Atlantica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunt View Post
Quote:

So is that just the filename, with added noise to track who clicks it, where, and how hard?
tl;dr: Yes, Cunt, it likely contains noise to track who clicks it. Good/great guess!

The link looks like it uses one of the most common approaches,
which is:
<payload text> <a question mark> <one or more options>
See the unencrypted "authuser=0" text following the "?" at the end?
That's the lone option.

Specifically this payload is the very lengthy text that begins after ".com/".
It's encrypted, but dunno what key googleusercontent site is
using to decrypt the text.

And, even though it's lengthy, it is NOT long enough to be the
encrypted version of Mantis' pic. Likely the decrypted text contains
the actual link to Mantis' pic somewhere within Google Land, plus
identifying info about involved 3rd party(s) who assisted Mantis
in posting her pic, such that those 3rd party(s) get paid by Google.

Phew!

Last edited by MondoVman; 13th October 2020 at 08:30 AM.
MondoVman is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
Cunt (13th October 2020), Mantisdreamz (16th October 2020), Zeluvia (13th October 2020)
Old 16th October 2020, 08:53 AM   #463127  /  #4022
Mantisdreamz

Quote:
Quote:

eesh... sorry
Old 16th October 2020, 08:58 AM   #463128  /  #4023
Mantisdreamz

Was just this

[
Yay from
borealis (16th October 2020), Cunt (16th October 2020), longhair75 (19th October 2020), oblivion (19th October 2020), Zeluvia (16th October 2020)
Old 27th January 2021, 11:20 PM   #465147  /  #4024
Cunt
Unregistered member

Quote:

MindRomp Forum > Culture, the Arts and Humanities > Lifestyle and Entertainment

Tags
get a job, no-bake cheesecakes, oven 'fries', penis, penis penis penis, purple pulsating pillar of power, rectum? i nearly killed him