Links
Portal |  Forum | Core Values | 
MindRomp Forum  

FAQ Janitors Arcade
Go Back   MindRomp Forum > Culture, the Arts and Humanities > Original Arts Open Gallery

Original Arts Open Gallery literary, pictoral, musical - visible to guests

Old 29th October 2015, 12:44 PM   #301135  /  #1351
Timewave

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: IN MY HEAD (MOSTLY)
It's funny how people see, life as something you make of it.
I mean, yes, obviously 'Life Is what you make of it'.
But that's only in your head.
What you make of life in your head is the meaning of life.
Happy head, happy life.
Unhappy head? Well lets not go there.

But Life, the life that we live, That life, is not what you make of it.
Cause, life is what it makes of us.
Life makes us.
As all life is shaped by the forces of nature, so are we.
Life is, we breath, we eat, we sleep, we shit, if we're lucky, we fuck.
Life is the metabolism that we sweat in, the place we pick our nose in.
Sure, sometimes we can control what is before our eyes, but, mostly not.
Mostly what is seen cannot be unseen.

And yes there are those who twist what they see to fit their heads, to retreat back into their head space, but, would you want them to be your driver? There is a name for those who don't see the world as is, mad people.

So, there is the paradox, a pox on reality if it gets in the way of the thought process.
A pox on breaks to creativity. BUT many creatives find living in the real world painful pain ful pain pai pa p.

Walter mitty types are laughable, aren't they. having to live in life is not fair, but, don't you have to absorb osmosis suck in some life, some breath some air, drugs, snot to have some grist for mills are grinding slow but exceedingly small again.

Life, grinds you away, away but who gave you that life to be ground away?
Not god, but the earth fossils and all grew you like an oak, or maybe a mulberry tree or a bonsai once society got through with you. But who said you weren't theirs to grind?

Where is it written that a thalidomide baby is unfairly treated by being what it is or is not, but that a white blue eyed blonde boy perfect in every way has a better chance in the world. I mean obviously they do have a better chance in this world.

The world will grind each one differently, grinding the lens, grinding the view, grinding the eye that sees the world anew, then maybe create a space for itself. A place to breath and shit and burp and fart. A mind to get lost from the world, for a while, in a book, a movie, a blog a, a a a a a a a a lost.

Did anyone notice the rocky horror creator used urwin allens lost in space?
Well hot pattottie bless my soul. Except there aren't souls.
Just seeds, sown wild or sown on purpose to cultivate.
weeds, flowers, posies a ring a ring a rosy.
a tissue, a tissue, all fall down.

Sorry to clog up your space fleaman.
charlou (30th October 2015), fleamailman (29th October 2015)
Old 29th October 2015, 04:03 PM   #301156  /  #1352
fleamailman

("...you're getting better..." replied the goblin liking the post, but suspecting that since nothing could be proved here one could be anything one wished to be whereas in life one was proved to the hilt thus one could only be that which one was in reality then, before smiling "...a book without a quote is a plaything, discuss, ah yes, the mindset of the writers of old differ greatly from those of day don't they...")

repost from elsewhere, the "defamation risk increases as we hide behind the anonymity of the web" thread

"...ah now, the internet can become very anonymous indeed, simply one keeps the ip address fluid with the session, having the mac address behind the ip address cloned, using proxy servers and where linux has no license key, boot from a usb key from various computers, plus one can change one's an email account from time to time, etc., etc., etc., ..." mentioned the goblin who was pointing out that upon the internet one is anonymous because one's identity can't be proven, adding "...so if identity can't be proven, then by default one is anonymous...", but turning back to topic, the goblin simply replied "...actually there is no freedom of speech until one goes against the law and speaks out anyway, so freedom of speech is not when something is allowed but when one has taken it upon oneself to accept the consequences of one's actions instead, and of course what they fear most is one's being a law unto oneself but isn't that ever the obligation of the individual here lest one doesn't remain an individual by it..."

fleamailman is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 29th October 2015, 08:43 PM   #301160  /  #1353
MSG
Ol' Zipperlaig

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Nyfb
Lost In Space was a 60s re-imagining of The Swiss Family Robinson
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 2nd November 2015, 10:56 AM   #301741  /  #1354
fleamailman

repost from elsewhere

Quote:
My name's xxxxx and I'm 17, pretty average teenager I do suppose. Just wanna get myself involved in the this forum's community
"...where I'm just your average everyday sort of goblin I suppose, but I guess one just can't help how one is born then..." replied the goblin not ashamed of it though, then suddenly the siren sounded as he announcer's voice resounded across the microphone to the words "...good citizens of forumland we interrupt this welcome by the goblin here to make an important announcement, where as you know then certain cyborgs have been infiltrating forums of late, more pacifically introductions sections now, who have then been passing themselves off as humans in the process, so now if anyone ever says to you "Hey there and welcome to this forum! Us in the red or green names are the mods/admins and can help you out if you need anything. Enjoy your stay!" just fear the worst and treat with the utmost caution, thank you...", at which the goblin wondered where he had seen that line before, before turning to xxxxx confiding "...hard isn't it, I mean everyone knows what they want to read, yet no one wants to read what they actually expect, thus one has to write that which they didn't expect yet still wanted to read, guess that I suppose is the hallmark of a good writer..."

Old 7th November 2015, 06:07 AM   #302376  /  #1355
fleamailman

repost from elsewhere

"...what's grammar..." asked the goblin most inquisitively now, suspecting too that it was another one of those hurdles meant to keep one from coming up with a good plot instead, smiling "...you see, where I come from it's not that it's perfect that it's pulling it's that it's pulling that it's perfect...", but the goblin was standing on ceremony here, so without further ado he took out a thermos of coffee, then continued "...I don't know about you but I find all this posting thirsty work indeed, naah, I don't cut it as a writer neither, but then again more folks read posts than they read books these days, why anything is a post really, facebook, twitter, forums then, all just posts aren't they, and all you have to do my dear human is simply write in your posts to gain a readership, tell you what though, let's keep that a secret between us now, but can I trust you with my secret here, some coffee perhaps..."

Old 11th November 2015, 12:11 PM   #302725  /  #1356
fleamailman

repost from elsewhere, the "blurt here" thread

noon now, where the fog hasn't dissipated all morning, nor today is it likely to neither, instead it hovers the city in a cold dampness slightly above and between the rooftops and the skyline lending itself as a backdrop to an unknown future that the goblin now finds himself in, relating "...switzerland is in the middle of the EU, this european union as we knew it, where it plays the of being in the EU is most convincingly to the casual eye, but is apt to go quite contrary to the EU where need be, as it did in january of this year in unpegging its currency from the euro thus allowing its franc to float upwards, meanwhile the euro looks increasingly unstable and fragmented, leaving the dollar only strong by default at best, default strong then, and britain with its national debt that bigger by per capita than america's...", at which point the goblin just looked up at the cloud from his coffee in the bistro and asked "...so is it war this time too, I mean must they always kick over the chess board at each end of empire...", and still that cloud just hovered in the wake of the goblin's thoughts, yes he could fall silent but he would think all the same

Old 18th November 2015, 01:39 PM   #303198  /  #1357
fleamailman

("...don't let me sleep or I will..." smiled the goblin)

repost from elsewhere

form previous experience the goblin this year had bought the very sweets that he himself liked so that if any remained he could eat them himself, yes and how he loved licorice he knew, plus they're the colour of death too, perfect then, only that he had forgotten that he was not one of the those children there, not any more, so a couple so sweets in and the goblin his floored with a massive migraine the likes of which sends him not only venerating the dead on this their day then but emulating them somewhat deep in the depths on his bed-covers now, all no doubt with the dead folks smiling on to a chorus of "...happy deathday to you, happy deathday to you, happy deathday dear goblin, happy deathday to you..."

xxxx
Old 18th November 2015, 01:39 PM   #303199  /  #1358
fleamailman

repost from elsewhere, the "aristotle and grammar" thread

"...it's good to know the rules but not to let them hinder you overtly..." smiled the goblin encouragingly still, then adding "...where perhaps the best grammar is the one that the reader hasn't even noticed for the plot he's absorbed into instead, adding "...at it's simplest then, if it come to a choice between their right way and your write way, choose your write way over their right way, why, because the vast majority of readers are not reading for how one uses the correct grammar now, nor for that perfect spelling neither, no they're simply reading because they want to be taken out of themselves by you, not landed in front of some old school grammar teacher treating the syntax of english as if it was as all dead and set in stone like latin then, naah you're time is too short to compromise it away like that..."

Old 18th November 2015, 01:40 PM   #303200  /  #1359
fleamailman

repost from elsewhere, the "new here and about the spambots" thread, goblin doing a welcome

"...to be fair, the spambots have been around since as far I can remember, though oddly I prefer having them around too..." ventured the goblin, adding "...and why indeed you may ask, well because one then races them in one's posting where if one doesn't remain posting the spambots come along and bury one's thread in their newer threads serving one right for one's complacency and meaning that those post and run types don't stand a chance against them, and that only the most tenacious of goblins like myself can survive in this harsh climate here...", and with that the goblin bade the human welcome now

Old 23rd November 2015, 12:29 PM   #303894  /  #1360
fleamailman

repost from elsewhere, the "blowback from war" thread

"...just that ISIS is the west's enemy of convenience as it were, used to channel hate towards it while giving the west its excuse to pursue that own expansion program instead..." ventured the goblin feeling that "where the weapons came from" was about as irreverent a question as asking "how two planes can take down three buildings", at which point the goblin just continued by saying "...just that to date the west has played its card badly, first it lost the cold war by being unable to continue it while it could have, then the republic of america was superseded by the 9/11 coup detat that then embarked on that seven countries in five years fiasco that anyone in the military knows is lost in advance, plus it devalued the currency for some unsustainable short term gain too, but why will the west lose time around, perhaps because evidently the heads of bric nations today, as well as most nation states shortly, are not as easily duped as the west's electorate are when it comes to using the media to falsely report all this to be some "going after ISIS then" when instead it's obviously an expansion program pure and simple...", in fact, the goblin knew that everyone knew it too, only that the west had no choice really as it had no other cards left to play

xxxx
Old 23rd November 2015, 12:30 PM   #303895  /  #1361
fleamailman

repost from elsewhere, goblin doing another welcome

"...welcome to here then, but anyone will tell you I'm no critic and certainly not someone worth heeding really so instead I'll chat with you whenever you lose the plot then, where the book begins from the post and the plot from those lines therein..." smiled the goblin who then dipped his hand into his pocket to bring out a red welcoming carpet for the occasion before rolling it out before xxxxx, not that it seemed to be heading anywhere in particular, so the goblin looked back at the human saying "...now I want you to imagine that there are readers on either side of this carpet here, it's a very long carpet and that they've turned up to find their next read,so good luck now, I'll walk with you part of the way if you like, but the journey on this carpet is ever yours alone I guess and it's a long one too..."

Old 14th December 2015, 09:33 AM   #306117  /  #1362
fleamailman

repost from elsewhere, someone announcing their birthday

the goblin felt somewhat envious at this point because he had mislaid his birthday somewhere some point before, saying "...tell you what though, if you can take a little out time why not make a mental note of those birthdays presents you received to date, just that which you got from whomever whenever, and see if you feel inside if you still want to say thank you to them once more, where you do then say "thank you" under your breath and I promise you they'll hear it, more I cannot offer really for more there is not..."

Old 4th February 2016, 02:12 PM   #311603  /  #1363
fleamailman

repost from elsewhere

"...oh, but just about anything can be taxed then..." started the goblin going off on his own tangent once more, then continuing "...I mean, just because they wouldn't confiscate one's gold at a price like they did back in 1932, it doesn't mean that they wouldn't get you to declare your gold instead, where anything that needs to be declared is in effect a license then, and where anything licensed is oftenthe first step in its being taxed afterwards, the justification here being that any unaccounted gold in the hands of terrorists would fund their acts of terrorism...", elsewhere, the goblin also suspected that the total cashless society as has been predicted recently would not come about if simply because it wasn't needed, since what with increase of "top end" money transactions all being done though banks electronically already it's equated to an understanding here that one already lived in a non cash based society today, smiling "...evidently the only thing they can't tax is that which they don't know you process, where all empires eventually cash upon their compounded debt, where the end of savings as seen today is a good indicator of how near the end things are..."

Old 5th February 2016, 12:01 AM   #311657  /  #1364
gib
mild mannered janitor

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: the thin one out of Laurel & Hardy
can't see a cashless society happening, people like to buy illicit stuff
Old 5th February 2016, 12:11 AM   #311665  /  #1365
Majiffy
I'll have you know I'm popular on many web forums

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Buffalo, NY
people

ʘᴥʘ
pledged my daily allegiance to Satan and pear-shaped air hockey turntable earth
Vivere diu rebellionus!

Proud propagator of the "fire for warmth" myth
Majiffy is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 5th February 2016, 12:11 AM   #311666  /  #1366
Majiffy
I'll have you know I'm popular on many web forums

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Buffalo, NY

ʘᴥʘ
pledged my daily allegiance to Satan and pear-shaped air hockey turntable earth
Vivere diu rebellionus!

Proud propagator of the "fire for warmth" myth
Majiffy is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 5th February 2016, 06:23 AM   #311698  /  #1367
fleamailman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gib View Post
can't see a cashless society happening, people like to buy illicit stuff
("...cash remains but major purchases in cash are discouraged, precisely because people like to buy illicit stuff, for example there is now a limit in france towards the maximum amount to money you can carry upon you, a limit upon how much you can withdraw from the bank, where I do believe it is even more strict in america today..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...admittedly we're still dealing with large sums here though I suspect too that as thing get worse that net will be widened now..." in fact, the goblin had just wanted to disprove the idea of gold as being safe haven while pointing out that in europe at least it had already moved away from a cash based society to a society based on bank transfers)

repost from elsewhere, the "spinning thoughts around death" thread

Quote:
whether one needs to, or whether one feels one needs to? Are they the same thing? How to go about it probably isn't a suitable subject for conversation.
"...can't agree, for simply one can't talk or write about anything if one then fears that someone listening in or reading about it might act then upon whatever one relates here, so I do feel this topic needs airing today because increasingly we have this very problem in our midst and where if we sugarcoat it with honey words, or hide it away in some unmentionable taboo, then like with drugs the more underground it will simply go..." ventured the goblin thinking that it was as much someone's right to die as it was their right to live now, adding "...so let's not have people who are trying to commit suicide either do it in some awfully painful mostly failing way, or by doing it in a way that leaves those left behind somehow blaming themselves for what was after all their own choice there..." mentioned the goblin who being old had had been through the shadow of quite a few suicides in his time, then adding "...truth is it's very similar to murder though, where like with murder the murderer tends to go quiet before the act, and like with murder too it's rare that it's done on the spur of the moment, instead it's thought out, weighed, and executed with precision, though probably minus the correct method because no one told them how to do it correctly...", not forgetting that the goblin had experienced first hand his mother going south with dementia, thus he doubted he would actually let his children go through that experience if ever those first signs became apparent in himself now, smiling "...going back to the question though, do you still want to end it all, if so then by what means are you thinking upon too, where if needs be how do you intend to minimize the distress towards those who are left behind afterwards..."

Old 14th February 2016, 06:05 AM   #312880  /  #1368
fleamailman

repost from elsewhere, a woman's interests "last post" thread

the goblin returned some hours later to find the there were still few posts "...alas, poor humans, I knew them well..." said the goblin borrowing words from hamlet while downing his coffee in the bistro where so called dailylife continued a pace around him till his eyes fell on a child being taught abc by her parent and could understand the child's resentment at flexing the brain on the weekend, where just like his own school days too the goblin wants to whisper the answer behind the teacher's back something like "...hush, you just have to take the last post place of the thread from the goblin here..." without getting caught by a the prof there who was normally one of those "read up marx, write down marks" types then, at which the goblin caught sight of all those old school day memories just before they could fully crawl out of his memory once more, he reburied them quickly

Old 18th February 2016, 03:11 PM   #313559  /  #1369
fleamailman

repost from elsewhere

"...sorry xxxxx, wasn't being rude, just I couldn't keep up with you I guess..." smiled the goblin back from a fray elsewhere, then adding "...no my mind is very black at this point, I think most folks know in their hearts what comes next, that what with the build up of forces in the middle east, today's proxy war is about to escalate into a full blown war, where my dailylife continues in some "business as usual" pretence it seems yet in the back of my mind this cold war puzzle is never far from my thoughts here, where perhaps too, like with the snow queen's hospitality then, they shown the little boy that when those pieces are placed correctly together they spell his own death...", in fact, the goblin wondered if he dare openly ask if he was the only one putting on a brave face for the sake of those around him still, sighing "...for perhaps the first time in my life my greater reality just got very real indeed..."

Old 18th February 2016, 03:15 PM   #313560  /  #1370
fleamailman

repost from elsewhere

Quote:
" as a writer in a ever decreasing writing world" Are you fuckin kidding me guy? People read and write more than ever, look at the bloated collection of silly you just wrote. People go on for hours in forums on just about any topic you can think of. You think if it aint on paper it's not reading? Ha.... what you said don't make sense kid. Think harder next time, you won't stink the joint up with so much stupid if you do that.
"...good I see that you do understand the difference between a livewriter who writes on the internet and a normal writer who comes out with a book, so yes as I wrote in that line there, I don't want to be that accepted writer because that type writing is in decline whereas short interactive content is becoming predominant as being the stuff most folks read here, but to date for example writing in these posts upon this internet however well one does it has not been considered as writing per say, nor that someone who writes in their posts to even a massive readership is not considered as a writer neither, without set publications one isn't a writer, thus rejection is the norm for us livewriters now, and yet the readership for non book publishings is clearly there as you pointed out, something which I agree entirely with you that there is, whereas standard book reading is in decline being something I hope you'll agree with me is the case as seen under even to simplest of google searches now...", whereupon the goblin simple linked the very first google search he made under the title "decline of book reading", adding "...btw I use a persona because you humans are more inclined to remember a persona of a goblin than you would a username here, where I've been around a long time and have the readership to prove it...", where "virtual reality" turned out to be nothing new, save that previously everyone had just called "virtual reality" by its other name of fiction then, smiling "...well now, if you can't prove something to be the truth here, then whatever you relate, and however near the truth it might be too, it's still fiction to those others around you here..."

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=decline+in+book+reading

Old 18th February 2016, 08:21 PM   #313587  /  #1371
MSG
Ol' Zipperlaig

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Nyfb
G'day fleamailman
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 18th February 2016, 09:12 PM   #313588  /  #1372
Hermit
Innocent bystander

"per say"

"not considered as a writer neither"

Even a livewriter ought to do better than that.
Hermit is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 18th February 2016, 10:34 PM   #313591  /  #1373
Dionysus
absinthe minded

I think Flea is a non-native English speaker so pretty good all things considered if that is so.
Dionysus is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 19th February 2016, 06:46 PM   #313724  /  #1374
fleamailman

("...naah, don't like that word "per se" per say..." smiled the goblin, then adding "...mind you I do like "anymore" though and have learned to in chastisement for it...")

repost from elsewhere, the woman's interest "last post" thread

the music fades out, meanwhile anne robinson mean as ever plays the grim reaper hurling insults across the deck till that ever final shout of "...so now it's time to vote off the weakest link...", where the man in the background cuts in reminding viewers here of the score, saying "...well, with absolutely no wrong answers the strongest link has to be the goblin there, while with no right answers at all the weakest link are motley mums brigade of this forum, ah but will the voting reflect this..." the contenders then slowly raze their large cards with the name of their target, reading "flea,flea,flea,flea,flea,flea,flea,flea, hillary clinton,flea,flea,flea", so the goblin had to do the walk of shame, but once given the mic he simply says "...doesn't democracy always descend into the sheep voting in the very wolves who would eat them afterwards..."

Old 19th February 2016, 06:55 PM   #313725  /  #1375
fleamailman

repost from elsewhere, before the banhammer hit

and with that goblin felt he was among friends now, saying "...I will go slowly on your forum humans, it's just that always try to make my posts somewhat inconspicuous, drab, and above all without the slightest intention of seeming to come across as utterly attention seeking in some way...", and with that the lie detector exploded, whereupon the goblin just added "...well yes, it's just that to date, I've not been very good at it..."

MindRomp Forum > Culture, the Arts and Humanities > Original Arts Open Gallery