Links
Portal |  Forum | Core Values | 
MindRomp Forum  

FAQ Janitors Arcade
Go Back   MindRomp Forum > General Discussion > News, Sports & Politics

News, Sports & Politics Hello, good evening, and welcome...

Old 18th July 2020, 04:48 AM   #460851  /  #26
Cunt
Unregistered member

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Circum-polar region
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeluvia View Post
Barry Gib and Tom Jones are Knights.
What did Sir Roger Penrose get it for?

I don't honestly care much, he sounded accomplished in his (bewildering) field. Respect of his peers and all that.

Plus he was lovely to listen to.
Quote:
I am not going to bother to discuss the American presidency with someone who has no horse in the race : )
No problem. There isn't usually much discussion anyway, other than repeating lefty talking points.
Quote:
Although I do believe your opinions in this are emotionally biased.
They absolutely are.

I could have told you that, and probably have.
Quote:
So, where did you hear the news about Weiss and Twitter?
First, in her own words, on a long interview on Joe Rogan. She spoke about her use of it, and I thought she was the usual tool-bag who would use and enjoy cancel culture. (in other words - establishment type)
Quote:
Answer me that? Why do your posts always seem to echo right wing talking points if you aren't getting them off some other site?
Next, most recently, I heard about her via right-wing news sources. What's really funny is that many seem to think that the simple fact that an opinion comes from the right, it MUST be hated, must be wrong.

Shapiro probably mentioned it. Why don't you dismiss him by claiming he is right-wing?

It's probably why most left-wingers prefer to talk about things in their safe-spaces. Bari Weiss can go on Joe Rogan, as can Bernie Sanders and Elon Musk. All get PLENTY of time to say what they wish to.

Is there a lefty equivalent to that? Someone who will have Dennis Prager or Ben Shapiro on, like a valued guest?

Or is it all safe-spaces?
Quote:
Your obvious glee over Twitter being hacked, that looked like you got the information from somewhere else, that didn't have all the facts.
I don't. I know they were hacked. (they weren't)

What's that? I was wrong and admitted it?

Not so fast...I THINK it wasn't a hack now, instead being a social security broach, but we don't know anything.

My glee is the size of the event. It means twitter is no more certain than any other blog site.

The event also provided the opportunity for someone to access all the private messages of the affected accounts.

It's a HUGE failure for them, but an even bigger slap in the face to our complacency.

Quote:
The post asking about places where women are required to wear masks and school openings for example? And I can't believe you actually knew who Weiss was before she was "cancelled".
I was musing about how masks are the norm in some cultures, and their effect on this virus spread might be an indicator of how effective it could be.

No biggie though. There is more and more coming out every day about it. Twitter going down is just another blog site going down right?

I mean, it's not like the owner lied to congress about shadow banning, or blacklists...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG View Post
zel, would you consider not enabling the shitting up of our forum by engaging in these conversations?

Cunt is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 18th July 2020, 08:36 PM   #460885  /  #27
Zeluvia
Send Cash or Drugs

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Evil Duckess
Ah, so Joe Rogan.

Thanks

Zeluvia is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 18th July 2020, 11:20 PM   #460887  /  #28
Cunt
Unregistered member

Quote:
Ah, so Joe Rogan.

Thanks
No, more 'Bari Weiss'. She is able to speak for herself (or write for herself, so I hear)

If you are trying to imply something, you are doing a shit job of it.

Quote:
zel, would you consider not enabling the shitting up of our forum by engaging in these conversations?

Old 19th July 2020, 12:01 AM   #460889  /  #29
Zeluvia
Send Cash or Drugs

No, not trying to imply anything, just wondering where you hang out.

Old 19th July 2020, 06:08 AM   #460894  /  #30
Cunt
Unregistered member

Quote:
No, not trying to imply anything, just wondering where you hang out.
I 'hang out' with audio podcasts, which leave my hands free for driving, carpenting, shit-picking-upping or many other drudgery usually filled with a goodly chunk of music or silence.

You would like some, if you took in that kind of stuff. Incredible stories, consumable in 'found time'. The way TV or video just...misses.

Lately, a good series has been a far leftie plotting the legitimate and respectful political takeover of the US.

Another one is the Gladwell one. Revisionist History. He talked most recently about the WWII chemists, playing around and making terribly.

Sometimes I think that admitting I listen to Crowder, Shapiro and often enjoy the humour of Milo Y., makes people assume all that I listen to must be that slanted. I'll admit the slant is appealing, but I think Gladwell is smart, worth listening to and informative while being entertaining.

Like Mike Rowe, and his podcast.

Or Joe Rogan, whenever he has a guest that you are interested in. He gives them an effective nudge regularly enough to get the best out of them.

I imagine they'll try to cancel him too. He did just sell himself to spotify or something...

Quote:

Old 19th July 2020, 04:31 PM   #460913  /  #31
Zeluvia
Send Cash or Drugs

I haven't left my house since March, I have plenty of time to read : )

And I hate listening to people talk most of the time. Since I can read way faster than people talk, and they tend to hem and haw around points, I find it an excruciatingly slow way to gather information.

Yay from
borealis (22nd July 2020)
Old 19th July 2020, 04:46 PM   #460916  /  #32
Cunt
Unregistered member

Quote:
I haven't left my house since March, I have plenty of time to read : )

And I hate listening to people talk most of the time. Since I can read way faster than people talk, and they tend to hem and haw around points, I find it an excruciatingly slow way to gather information.
You are old, cantankerous and resistant, but I'll try this one more point.

Audio podcasts can be sped up to whatever speed you can make your brain work.

As to listening, it's a better way to hear from some folks. Bernie Sanders, for example, was given up to 12 minutes during debates. If you could suffer through his JRE interview, it gave him HOURS to get his point across. Whether you like him or not, that's more than one usually is given about a primary candidate.

I mean, if the presidency is important.

Quote:

Old 19th July 2020, 09:31 PM   #460918  /  #33
Zeluvia
Send Cash or Drugs

Why is it important to you?

I have tried to listen to some things, but unless its given in a lecture format, with fast, relevant dissemination of information, it is too fucking painfully slow.

Cunt, even in my dottage I still read over 600 words a minute...no one can speak that fast, and speeding up speech to that rate it would be unintelligible.

Last edited by Zeluvia; 19th July 2020 at 09:34 PM.
Yay from
borealis (22nd July 2020)
Old 19th July 2020, 11:40 PM   #460923  /  #34
Facetious
normal boring cunty type of woman

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: it's grim up north
Have you tried audiobooks? I quite like them for when I'm out walking the dog.
Facetious is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 19th July 2020, 11:44 PM   #460924  /  #35
Cunt
Unregistered member

Quote:
Why is it important to you?
Because of how innovative it is.

Back in the day, in order to take in this level of information, one needed to learn to read a language, and only then could they have access to these stories, research and everything in between.

It was an advance, but one only available to a leisure class, who could spend a lot of their time sitting in out of the rain, with a light on.

Now, that same level of information is available to people while they work, while they commute and while they brush their teeth. This is 'found time', and to many, was a very large obstacle between them, and knowing what was going on in their subject of interest.
Quote:
I have tried to listen to some things, but unless its given in a lecture format, with fast, relevant dissemination of information, it is too fucking painfully slow.
Probably looking forward to Musk's 'neurolink' (whatever THAT is). He mentioned it in a podcast, but your reading will surely find it easily, too.
Quote:
Cunt, even in my dottage I still read over 600 words a minute...no one can speak that fast, and speeding up speech to that rate it would be unintelligible.
Since you have ALL the time in the world, maybe podcasts aren't worthwhile to you. The Gladwell offering, about Elvis, parapraxia, and singing, was one of the most enjoyable stories I've heard lately.

You can probably read about it elsewhere, including descriptions of the author's enthusiasm and discomfort.

In your abundant spare time.

Meanwhile, I'll listen while I work, and look forward to gently caressing paper books when I am in my dotage.

Quote:

Old 20th July 2020, 12:08 AM   #460925  /  #36
Cunt
Unregistered member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facetious View Post
Have you tried audiobooks? I quite like them for when I'm out walking the dog.
I have an 'IT'S FOR FREE!!' bias, and librivox serves up a GREAT helping of that. It's like gutenberg, but with speaking practice and encouragement.

Quote:

Old 22nd July 2020, 04:51 PM   #460976  /  #37
borealis
poikilothermic

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Canada
Quote:
Sometimes I think that admitting I listen to Crowder, Shapiro and often enjoy the humour of Milo Y., makes people assume all that I listen to must be that slanted. I'll admit the slant is appealing, but I think Gladwell is smart, worth listening to and informative while being entertaining.
You enjoy MY's humour?

https://www.welcometocountry.org/mil...lture-racists
Old 22nd July 2020, 06:22 PM   #460977  /  #38
Cunt
Unregistered member

Quote:
Originally Posted by borealis View Post
Quote:
You enjoy MY's humour?

https://www.welcometocountry.org/mil...lture-racists
Aw, kitten, I know better than to begin a disagreement with you.

Someone should type your name, to protect you from...something.

Quote:

Old 23rd July 2020, 04:46 PM   #461005  /  #39
Facetious

Didn't Milo Y get cancelled by his own side for comments he made about sex between underage boys and much older men?
Old 23rd July 2020, 05:25 PM   #461009  /  #40
Cunt
Unregistered member

Quote:
Didn't Milo Y get cancelled by his own side for comments he made about sex between underage boys and much older men?
Approximately.

I wish you knew better though, because the story has a lot more to it.

He said callous things (as he often does) but since these particular callous things were about his victimization as a teen (by an adult) and were brutally honest about an ugly part of life, he was 'cancelled'.

He is funny as fuck though, while being offensive. It's always a treat when someone shows off how humourless the progressives are. It kind of makes his jokes that much funnier.

It's best when he roasts you specifically, though. My guess is that you don't have anything to do with underage gay sex, so it won't be funny. Find something where he is mocking your own 'sacred cows', and maybe you'll find more humour.

I have been reading the q stories, and qanon stories. Enjoying them the same way many enjoy sasquatch stories. He roasted me real good with 'qanon is horoscopes for MAGA-Moms'. Not because he was wrong, but because he isn't.

So maybe go check out what he says about feminists (if you still are one, now that you TERF'ed yourself) or something else you like.

But if you want to look at his abuse, how it affected him, and how a clinical psychologist interpreted what happened to him, it's not funny.

Quote:

Old 25th July 2020, 02:13 AM   #461021  /  #41
Facetious

It was the right who cancelled him though.

Men on the left, Peter Tatchell for example, have made similar comments but haven't been cancelled.
Old 25th July 2020, 02:28 AM   #461024  /  #42
Cunt
Unregistered member

Quote:
It was the right who cancelled him though.

Men on the left, Peter Tatchell for example, have made similar comments but haven't been cancelled.
Milo had some interesting conspiracy theory about why the right cancelled him. I thought it was very speculative, and it turns out, not that memorable.

I know that people will often try to paint his 'offensive remarks' as somehow reason to dislike his performances.

I wonder if any of those same people would be proud of their participation in 'feral off topic' from the old RDF...

The scolding of the humourless is highly respected in many circles. It must make their comedy more melodic.

Their satire more respectful.

The world is leaning puritan. Veils may even make a comeback.

Quote:

MindRomp Forum > General Discussion > News, Sports & Politics