Links
Portal |  Forum | Core Values | 
MindRomp Forum  

FAQ Janitors Arcade
Go Back   MindRomp Forum > General Discussion > News, Sports & Politics

News, Sports & Politics Hello, good evening, and welcome...

Old 12th April 2019, 08:55 AM   #446845  /  #1051
Magicziggy
vandal

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Loadsamoney
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicziggy View Post
Doesn't exist.

Re-branded as centre alliance.

Mayo is my neighbouring electorate is held by Rebekah Sharkie for them and she's up against son of a gun Georgie Downer, who she's already trounced in a by-election.
Right on cue...

ICYMI

Here she is handing over a cheque with her face on it for loads in an electorate she doesn't represent.

Last edited by Magicziggy; 12th April 2019 at 09:23 AM.
Magicziggy is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 12th April 2019, 09:46 AM   #446848  /  #1052
MSG
Ol' Zipperlaig

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Nøyfb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicziggy View Post
Queensland, please explain Peter Dutton to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeluvia View Post
Looking to see if there is a Ted Talk explaining Peter Dutton.

Nope. No brain scan either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nostrum View Post
no brain
Old 13th April 2019, 02:26 AM   #446875  /  #1053
Magicziggy
vandal

Advance Australia.

Lol

(They couldn't find a bad pic of Nadia)

Old 27th April 2019, 03:36 AM   #447414  /  #1054
MSG
Ol' Zipperlaig

this #watergate story is still running and https://www.thesaturdaypaper.com.au/...15562872008055

Quote:
Keelty, who was also the inaugural chair of the Australian Crime Commission, is not categorical about what exposing such conflicts might reveal, though he suggests they are widespread.

“I’m not saying it’s corruption; I’m saying it’s conflict of interest,” he said. “But you could draw a conclusion that if conflicts of interest aren’t transparent, it could lead to corruption … Water is now the value of gold. If you have corruption in other elements of society, if you have corruption in other areas of business, why wouldn’t you have it here, when water is the same price as gold?”

Aside from the circumstances surrounding Barnaby Joyce’s decision to purchase the properties’ licences for transient floodwater for $79 million, the federal energy minister, Angus Taylor, is facing questions about his role in EAA and its parent company, EAI.

Taylor helped set up EAI six years before he entered parliament in March 2013. Taylor’s own parliamentary biography describes him as “co-founder and director, Eastern Australia Irrigation from 2007”.

Guardian Australia has reported that Taylor was listed in the annual report of the Australian company as being a director of the Caymans-based parent company until some time in 2012-13 and that he was also a director of Agricultural Managers Ltd, which provided management advice to the other companies and was also based in the Cayman Islands.
it hasn't peaked yet https://www.themonthly.com.au/today/...ergate-scandal

Quote:
In June 2017, just a couple of months before the buyback in question, the same department under Water Minister Barnaby Joyce paid $78 million for water rights and adjustment payments to Tandou, an isolated cotton and grain property in the Lower Darling (near Broken Hill). As locals well know, water in this part of the Darling has been scarce since 2013, with “no-flow events” every year, culminating in the shortage that killed the fish in the nearby Menindee Lakes in January this year. Water licences can be very valuable, but they don’t amount to much if there’s no water – and Tandou is located even further downstream than Menindee. As journalist Michael West wrote, “The [Commonwealth] spend was almost double the valuation made by the government’s own evaluator, ABARES, as well as [that of] another private valuer.”

Bill Johnson, a former director of environmental water planning at the Murray–Darling Basin Authority, told Guardian Australia that this transaction likely amounted to a purchase of “ghost water”. It is “highly questionable whether the Commonwealth got any water for this money”, he said. The Australia Institute has devoted a research report to the anomalies of the buyback, which, like the EAA deal, wasn’t subject to an open tender.

As with the EAA deal, Tandou’s owners, Webster Ltd, booked a massive profit. According to a 2017 federal government lobbyist register, both were represented by the same consultancy, The Fifth Estate. As with the EAA deal, the government’s payment was disproportionately high; it would have made more financial sense for the government to buy the whole property rather than just the water rights. As with EAA, the business had been struggling in recent years, mainly due to a lack of reliable water. And as with EAA, Tandou was owned by a much larger agribusiness, Webster, many of whose beneficial owners are also based in tax havens.

(Here’s another curious revelation: one of The Fifth Estate’s few other agricultural clients listed on the same register was one Agricultural Managers Limited, which is based in the Cayman Islands and was set up the same day as Eastern Australia Irrigation, EAA’s parent company. Due to Cayman Islands law, it’s impossible to know what its activities are, or who are its directors or beneficiaries.)
In another part of the basin, the locals aren't happy https://www.theguardian.com/australi...ng-point-video
Quote:
'There's a lot of anger, frustration, depression, it is just rife at the moment. Everything is on a downward spiral and nothing's being done about it politically... Both major parties have just shown total neglect to our region.'

Last edited by MSG; 27th April 2019 at 03:38 AM.
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 28th April 2019, 01:53 AM   #447466  /  #1055
MSG
Ol' Zipperlaig

Bandanna Man's take https://amp.smh.com.au/national/all-...26-p51hjm.html

Quote:
Where the story truly exploded in the public domain though was a little over a fortnight ago, and therein lies a tale. At 5.30 pm on April 10 one of the twitterati by the name of “Ronni Salt” – not her true name – posted a Twitter thread containing extraordinary documentation on the whole deal.

All hell broke loose. The original post immediately went viral and journalists who re-tweeted it were served with very strong legal letters by Taylor’s lawyers. Later that night, the tweet disappeared, as did “Ronni Salt” from the Twittersphere. Stories circulated that she had been banned from Twitter, and even legally shut down.

But who is this “Ronni Salt” and how did she come by the story?

It is a strange tale. Fearing the legal forces she claims will crush her if she is identified, she chooses to remain anonymous, but I have tracked her down to hear her tale. So how did she come to get those documents? Well, by her account, as someone who has a background in this complex field, she had a “Deep Throat”, someone she has still never met, but who – from deep within the deal done – contacted her on social media in mid-March, and after earning her trust started sending her digital copies of the extraordinarily sensitive documents. When they spoke on the phone, it was via a particular system called “Signal”, whereby the call could never be traced, going via a server in Switzerland, and in fact she says even Deep Throat’s voice was disguised.

Late on the night of releasing it all on Twitter, knowing it was out there and copies would have been made, and that powerful forces wanted her shut down, she deleted the thread and deactivated her own account. She only re-emerged late last week, but says she will never identify herself publicly, nor her Deep Throat – not even to me. She believes Taylor to be extremely sensitive to his connection to the Cayman Islands, noting how in 2013, a mere letter to the editor to the Goulburn Post that asserted among other things that “Angus Taylor had an investment company registered in the Cayman Islands” was met with such a strong Taylor reaction that the paper followed up a couple of days later with a formal apology saying the letter about his “personal financial affairs” was incorrect, and should not have been run. Taylor has always maintained he had no financial interest in EAA or EAI.

Salt also asserts – and has sent me screen shots – showing that Taylor’s wife Louise Clegg has been discussed on Wikipedia forums for trying to change her husband’s entry on his Wikipedia entry. She also sent screen shots showing that someone, not Clegg, did succeed in removing a reference to Eastern Australia Agriculture, just weeks before the $79 million transaction went through. When The Project asked Taylor last week if he was still a part of EAI, he responded with a very terse “No”, and declined to say why it was set up in the Cayman Islands.
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 28th April 2019, 07:30 AM   #447476  /  #1056
Magicziggy
vandal

Stinks of rotting fish.

In other news, our electorate has been blessed with its very own Fraser "racist and proud " Anning party candidate.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrian_David_Cheok
Old 28th April 2019, 10:30 AM   #447479  /  #1057
nostrum
too boring to be considered weird

He brings a lot to politics, just look at that bio!
Old 28th April 2019, 11:08 AM   #447480  /  #1058
Magicziggy
vandal

It's not clear where or when the son of Greek/mayalsian parents turned full on racist. Is he to be the "it's OK to be not white to be racist" candidate?
Old 28th April 2019, 12:23 PM   #447481  /  #1059
nostrum

Dunno; easy to lose track of all the permutations
Old 29th April 2019, 09:48 AM   #447522  /  #1060
MSG
Ol' Zipperlaig

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG View Post
Bandanna Man's take https://amp.smh.com.au/national/all-...26-p51hjm.html

Quote:
At 5.30 pm on April 10 one of the twitterati by the name of “Ronni Salt” – not her true name – posted a Twitter thread containing extraordinary documentation on the whole deal.
a special treat for twitter hate*rs read this thread

*nostrum
Old 29th April 2019, 01:02 PM   #447523  /  #1061
nostrum

exec summary pls
Old 30th April 2019, 08:24 AM   #447532  /  #1062
MSG
Ol' Zipperlaig

Quote:
exec summary pls
meanwhile...

Jesus Christ, this is an article https://www.themonthly.com.au/issue/...reatest-threat

Quote:
Any one of these factors, by themselves, would make an entity like this dangerous. Together, they represent an existential threat to democratic society. If you think this is hypothetical, or hyperbolic, look to the US post-Trump, or the United Kingdom post-Brexit, and realise that this is what these people fought for – and they want it to happen here. “It’s mind-blowing to look at the wreckage of UK politics, realize that it’s basically all Rupert Murdoch’s fault, and then look back to the US and realize that’s *also* all Rupert Murdoch’s fault”, the American political analyst Matt Yglesias tweeted in March. It’s a simplification – these are complex, multi-factorial events (and it’s also Lachlan Murdoch’s fault) – but it is not a simplification to say that the Murdoch media has ultimately been the decisive factor. The evidence, both quantitative and anecdotal, is very clear.

The MSNBC host Chris Hayes replied to Yglesias: “Australia ain’t doing so hot either.”

If you knew nothing about Australia, you might think that this process of reflection, accountability and protest would begin here as well, since it is this society that produced and exported the killer, incubated his prejudices, and then subjected its national neighbours to them. But that naive hope would fundamentally misunderstand where we are and what we are doing. There was no unity in grief – the trans-Tasman contrast became more pronounced than ever. Where New Zealand chose maturity, Australia chose malign idiocy. Everything was permissible, as long as it was irrelevant.
Magicziggy (2nd May 2019), Zeluvia (1st May 2019)
Old 4th May 2019, 10:23 AM   #447612  /  #1063
Magicziggy
vandal

We've got our own space invader, and she pre-dates the latest leaders debate...
Yay from
nostrum (4th May 2019)
Old 16th May 2019, 03:27 AM   #447873  /  #1064
MSG
Ol' Zipperlaig

Old 16th May 2019, 07:09 AM   #447876  /  #1065
Jerome
Life is just a bowl of cherries

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Pleasant Living
lol@thewhitepeople giving their labor to government because government oppressed the darkies, so its your fault.

Goobers
Old 16th May 2019, 07:10 AM   #447877  /  #1066
Jerome

all those white people look the same....i have a white friend...i support MLK
Old 16th May 2019, 07:12 AM   #447878  /  #1067
Jerome

In a free country. There are no law about who one loves.
Old 16th May 2019, 07:14 AM   #447879  /  #1068
Jerome

You morons support the government establishment of marriage laws, a financial agreement.

[size]Think about that, the government taxes you based upon who you fuck legally.[/size=10]
Old 16th May 2019, 08:38 AM   #447882  /  #1069
MondoVman
Giant Member

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Southwest Atlantica
Size matters
Old 16th May 2019, 10:35 PM   #447894  /  #1070
Magicziggy
vandal

I won the three duttons
Yay from
nostrum (16th May 2019)
Old 16th May 2019, 11:37 PM   #447915  /  #1071
gib
them days are gone, boy

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: the thin one out of Laurel & Hardy
Question 1: sum the current situation up so i can decide which party i would vote for
Old 17th May 2019, 12:01 AM   #447920  /  #1072
Timewave

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: IN MY HEAD (MOSTLY)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gib View Post
Question 1: sum the current situation up so i can decide which party i would vote for
Liberals triple fucked policies
Labour double fucked policies
Greens 'What's a Policy"
Hanson, "You want fries with that? I'm not racist but I don't think chinese takeaways are fair to the average Australian"
Palmer "What back pay? I'll backpay them when and if the australian tax payer bails me out".
LNP "Of course ministers of religion should be allowed to fuck children, if you can't beat the kids, how can you have any fun in your life?"
Coal? Probably all of the above, are for. Well, maybe greens are against, for now, but they could do a deal.
Old 17th May 2019, 11:55 PM   #447971  /  #1073
nostrum

citizen’s duty completed. Voted as expected, numbering last to first as you do. Partner drew big dong on his upper house ballot shut up very safe Labor seat
Old 18th May 2019, 12:01 AM   #447972  /  #1074
gib
them days are gone, boy

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: the thin one out of Laurel & Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timewave View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gib View Post
Liberals triple fucked policies
Labour double fucked policies
Greens 'What's a Policy"
Hanson, "You want fries with that? I'm not racist but I don't think chinese takeaways are fair to the average Australian"
Palmer "What back pay? I'll backpay them when and if the australian tax payer bails me out".
LNP "Of course ministers of religion should be allowed to fuck children, if you can't beat the kids, how can you have any fun in your life?"
Coal? Probably all of the above, are for. Well, maybe greens are against, for now, but they could do a deal.

which one would i vote for
Old 18th May 2019, 12:04 AM   #447973  /  #1075
gib
them days are gone, boy

Quote:
Partner

no this simply will not do. We need to work together as a team to establish the correct term to be used on this forum to refer to this boyf

MindRomp Forum > General Discussion > News, Sports & Politics

Tags
get a job, it must be bin night, pencil, penis, purple throbbing heat seeking moisture missile