Links
Portal |  Forum | Core Values | 
MindRomp Forum  

FAQ Janitors Arcade
Go Back   MindRomp Forum > Community > Mafia

Mafia 8/10 of Mafia GMs who expressed a preference, prefer Mindromp

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th January 2020, 07:51 AM   #455169  /  #3501
Timewave
Senior Member
 
Timewave's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: IN MY HEAD (MOSTLY)
http://mindromp.org/forum/showthread...133#post455133
__________________
this ol' world keeps spinning round, it's a wonder tall trees ain't laying down, comes a time.
Timewave is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 4th January 2020, 11:07 PM   #455192  /  #3502
rachmarie
Equi-Feminist Extraordinaire
 
rachmarie's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Buffalo, NY
Come on we need more peeps to play please with sugar and a cherry on top
__________________
The not so new kid on the block, still on the chopping block lol.


Is not a Jiffy alt sock
rachmarie is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 5th January 2020, 12:26 AM   #455194  /  #3503
Carlsson
kitchen sink garbage disposal
 
Carlsson's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Sweden
I dont want to and you cant make me
Carlsson is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
MondoVman (5th January 2020)
Old 6th January 2020, 06:29 AM   #455231  /  #3504
rachmarie
Equi-Feminist Extraordinaire
 
rachmarie's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Buffalo, NY
Carl



Come on we got several great people lined up please we need more for a game
__________________
The not so new kid on the block, still on the chopping block lol.


Is not a Jiffy alt sock
rachmarie is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 11th April 2020, 04:22 AM   #458665  /  #3505
Mantisdreamz
corridors, refectories and files
 
Mantisdreamz's Avatar
 

guys, from Lissa on Mafia Universe


she asked me to share


INVITATION TO THE MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP (SEASON 7)

Ahoy there!

I?m very excited to invite your community to participate in Season 7 of the Mafia Championship.

The Mafia Championship is an annual forum-based tournament series that pits representatives from various online Mafia (aka Werewolf) communities against one another as they compete to determine the Internet?s greatest forum Mafia player. Each participating community democratically elects one person to represent them and be their ?Champion?.

The tournament first started back in 2013. Since then, 320+ different communities and 50+ different nationalities have been represented.

It?s a super fun event that has created many new friendships and close bonds between communities. I hope that you would be interested in taking part

1. DO YOU ACCEPT THE INVITATION?

If your community wishes to participate, please confirm your participation to Lissa as soon as you can to ensure yourselves a spot. Currently, the plan is to accommodate 150 communities this season. If there is further interest, additional communities may sign up as substitutes; generally there are some replacements needed both before and during games.

If your community agrees to participate, the deadline for selecting your representative is April 27, but the sooner the better.

The games will take place on Mafia Universe. If it?s okay, I can link directly to the general discussion thread regarding this topic on Mafia Universe.

Important notes
  • You may decide yourselves how you want to elect your representative, but we highly recommend some sort of democratic process (public nominations followed by a poll usually works out well).
  • In addition to electing a representative, you should also name an alternate who will be asked to step in if the first choice needs to back out.
  • Your representative should be prepared for having to read upwards of 500-600 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game. Additionally, there?s a requirement that each player must make at least 10 posts per Ga
  • me Day. Only active players should apply/participate. I repeat: Your chosen player needs to be able to promise a good amount of activity on a daily basis.


2. SEASON 7 FORMAT

The tournament structure
  • 150 communities will participate, each sending one representative.
  • QUALIFIERS: 10 Qualifier Games will be played, consisting of 15 players each. I.e. every representative plays in one Qualifier Game. The players themselves vote post-game to determine who is deserving of advancement. 1st and 2nd place will advance to the Semifinal Games.
  • SEMIFINALS: A Jury consisting of finalists from Season 6 will select 25 additional players to advance to the three Semifinal Games. From each game, five players will advance to the Finale Game based on a post-game player vote, just like in the qualifying phase.
  • THE FINALE: The Finale Game is played. Once it has completed, the players vote to determine who shall receive the title of Season 7 Champion and a winner?s certificate signed by Dmitry Davidoff, the creator of mafia.


This year?s setup: JOAT^2
The setup is called JOAT^2 and features 15 players.

The setup consists of the following:

3x Mafia Goon
2x Town Jack Of All Trades (9x Doctor, 9x Motion Detector, 9x Tracker)
10x Vanilla Townie


Note that the Jacks Of All Trades must use all three actions before repeating an action, i.e. they are rotating. This does not mean they must use the actions in the same order every time.

Relevant mechanics info
- Day start.
- Majority lynch is enabled Day 2+, but majority is not required at any point in order to lynch.
- Tied votes will result in a player being lynched at random from among the tied players.
- No outside communication. I.e. you may not contact the other players outside of the thread (unless you are Mafia and wish to speak with your teammates).
- Phase Lengths and Deadlines will be up to the players themselves (I?ll organize your representative into a game with deadlines that suit their preferences).
- Thread is locked during Night Phases.
- Votes are automatically locked in at LYLO.
- Mafia factional kills are assigned. They can be tracked, watched, roleblocked, etc. (In this setup, that means they display as an action to the Tracker and the Motion Detector actions.)
- Mafia share a factional Night Kill, which is a single standard shot for their faction. The mafia faction kill is mandatory.
- Mafia may communicate at any time.
- Each individual player may make a maximum of 150 posts per day phase (this restriction is lifted 2 hours before day end).
- The game will have a host to oversee everything and make sure everyone?s following the code of conduct, but otherwise the game is completely automated (automatic votecounts, thread locks and reveals roles automatically, the bot receives and processes actions, etc.).

3. SEASON 7 TIMELINE

There will be 10 Qualifier Games, and your representative plays in just one of these. They will have start dates ranging from late April to mid-June. So in other words, as long as your representative can play sometime during that period, they should be good and I?ll make sure they get scheduled into a game that suits their schedule well. I.e. if your rep is busy until June, that isn?t a problem.

The Semifinal Games will be played in July, and the Finale Game sometime in August/September (whenever we can work out something that suits everyone).

If you want to get in contact with me ASAP, you can find me on Discord (Lissa#8083).

Kind regards,
Lissa
Mantisdreamz is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 11th April 2020, 04:33 AM   #458667  /  #3506
nostrum
I do stuff
 
nostrum's Avatar
 

__________________
I thought I was in a bad mood but it's been a few years so I think this is who I am now
nostrum is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 11th April 2020, 05:09 AM   #458668  /  #3507
Mantisdreamz
corridors, refectories and files
 
Mantisdreamz's Avatar
 

Mantisdreamz is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 11th April 2020, 05:32 AM   #458669  /  #3508
MSG
Ol' Zipperlaig
 
MSG's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: N?yfb
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 11th April 2020, 05:40 AM   #458670  /  #3509
Timewave
Senior Member
 
Timewave's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: IN MY HEAD (MOSTLY)
__________________
this ol' world keeps spinning round, it's a wonder tall trees ain't laying down, comes a time.
Timewave is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 11th April 2020, 04:24 PM   #458671  /  #3510
gib
concerned third party
 
gib's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Jilted John
NOT THIS SHIT AGAIN
__________________
communicating my inner something since 2017
gib is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
Zeluvia (12th April 2020)
Old 11th April 2020, 05:35 PM   #458674  /  #3511
Prince Humperdinck
Join Date: Aug 2015
 
Prince Humperdinck's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: 'Murica
##vote Diva##
__________________
Over 4,300 posts
Prince Humperdinck is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 12th April 2020, 03:23 AM   #458685  /  #3512
Jerome
Life is just a bowl of cherries
 
Jerome's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Pleasant Living
they still dont know who i am there
__________________
The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience.
-Albert Camus
Jerome is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 12th April 2020, 04:35 AM   #458695  /  #3513
Jerome
Life is just a bowl of cherries
 
Jerome's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Pleasant Living
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachmarie View Post
Come on we need more peeps to play please with sugar and a cherry on top

1. Jerome
__________________
The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience.
-Albert Camus
Jerome is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 23rd April 2020, 10:28 PM   #459094  /  #3514
Lissa
Senior Member
 
Lissa's Avatar
 

Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantisdreamz View Post
guys, from Lissa on Mafia Universe


she asked me to share


INVITATION TO THE MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP (SEASON 7)

Ahoy there!

I?m very excited to invite your community to participate in Season 7 of the Mafia Championship.

The Mafia Championship is an annual forum-based tournament series that pits representatives from various online Mafia (aka Werewolf) communities against one another as they compete to determine the Internet?s greatest forum Mafia player. Each participating community democratically elects one person to represent them and be their ?Champion?.

The tournament first started back in 2013. Since then, 320+ different communities and 50+ different nationalities have been represented.

It?s a super fun event that has created many new friendships and close bonds between communities. I hope that you would be interested in taking part

1. DO YOU ACCEPT THE INVITATION?

If your community wishes to participate, please confirm your participation to Lissa as soon as you can to ensure yourselves a spot. Currently, the plan is to accommodate 150 communities this season. If there is further interest, additional communities may sign up as substitutes; generally there are some replacements needed both before and during games.

If your community agrees to participate, the deadline for selecting your representative is April 27, but the sooner the better.

The games will take place on Mafia Universe. If it?s okay, I can link directly to the general discussion thread regarding this topic on Mafia Universe.

Important notes
  • You may decide yourselves how you want to elect your representative, but we highly recommend some sort of democratic process (public nominations followed by a poll usually works out well).
  • In addition to electing a representative, you should also name an alternate who will be asked to step in if the first choice needs to back out.
  • Your representative should be prepared for having to read upwards of 500-600 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game. Additionally, there?s a requirement that each player must make at least 10 posts per Ga
  • me Day. Only active players should apply/participate. I repeat: Your chosen player needs to be able to promise a good amount of activity on a daily basis.


2. SEASON 7 FORMAT

The tournament structure
  • 150 communities will participate, each sending one representative.
  • QUALIFIERS: 10 Qualifier Games will be played, consisting of 15 players each. I.e. every representative plays in one Qualifier Game. The players themselves vote post-game to determine who is deserving of advancement. 1st and 2nd place will advance to the Semifinal Games.
  • SEMIFINALS: A Jury consisting of finalists from Season 6 will select 25 additional players to advance to the three Semifinal Games. From each game, five players will advance to the Finale Game based on a post-game player vote, just like in the qualifying phase.
  • THE FINALE: The Finale Game is played. Once it has completed, the players vote to determine who shall receive the title of Season 7 Champion and a winner?s certificate signed by Dmitry Davidoff, the creator of mafia.


This year?s setup: JOAT^2
The setup is called JOAT^2 and features 15 players.

The setup consists of the following:

3x Mafia Goon
2x Town Jack Of All Trades (9x Doctor, 9x Motion Detector, 9x Tracker)
10x Vanilla Townie


Note that the Jacks Of All Trades must use all three actions before repeating an action, i.e. they are rotating. This does not mean they must use the actions in the same order every time.

Relevant mechanics info
- Day start.
- Majority lynch is enabled Day 2+, but majority is not required at any point in order to lynch.
- Tied votes will result in a player being lynched at random from among the tied players.
- No outside communication. I.e. you may not contact the other players outside of the thread (unless you are Mafia and wish to speak with your teammates).
- Phase Lengths and Deadlines will be up to the players themselves (I?ll organize your representative into a game with deadlines that suit their preferences).
- Thread is locked during Night Phases.
- Votes are automatically locked in at LYLO.
- Mafia factional kills are assigned. They can be tracked, watched, roleblocked, etc. (In this setup, that means they display as an action to the Tracker and the Motion Detector actions.)
- Mafia share a factional Night Kill, which is a single standard shot for their faction. The mafia faction kill is mandatory.
- Mafia may communicate at any time.
- Each individual player may make a maximum of 150 posts per day phase (this restriction is lifted 2 hours before day end).
- The game will have a host to oversee everything and make sure everyone?s following the code of conduct, but otherwise the game is completely automated (automatic votecounts, thread locks and reveals roles automatically, the bot receives and processes actions, etc.).

3. SEASON 7 TIMELINE

There will be 10 Qualifier Games, and your representative plays in just one of these. They will have start dates ranging from late April to mid-June. So in other words, as long as your representative can play sometime during that period, they should be good and I?ll make sure they get scheduled into a game that suits their schedule well. I.e. if your rep is busy until June, that isn?t a problem.

The Semifinal Games will be played in July, and the Finale Game sometime in August/September (whenever we can work out something that suits everyone).

If you want to get in contact with me ASAP, you can find me on Discord (Lissa#8083).

Kind regards,
Lissa



Anyone?
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 23rd April 2020, 11:02 PM   #459095  /  #3515
Imp
Inanimate bowl of pasta
 
Imp's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Waddle waddle
I can't read any of this on a dark background.
__________________
Basically a dead sunflower
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 23rd April 2020, 11:36 PM   #459097  /  #3516
nostrum
I do stuff
 
nostrum's Avatar
 

OK, so Imp is volunteering
__________________
I thought I was in a bad mood but it's been a few years so I think this is who I am now
nostrum is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 24th April 2020, 12:31 AM   #459105  /  #3517
Lissa
Senior Member
 
Lissa's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantisdreamz View Post
guys, from Lissa on Mafia Universe


she asked me to share


INVITATION TO THE MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP (SEASON 7)

Ahoy there!

I?m very excited to invite your community to participate in Season 7 of the Mafia Championship.

The Mafia Championship is an annual forum-based tournament series that pits representatives from various online Mafia (aka Werewolf) communities against one another as they compete to determine the Internet?s greatest forum Mafia player. Each participating community democratically elects one person to represent them and be their ?Champion?.

The tournament first started back in 2013. Since then, 320+ different communities and 50+ different nationalities have been represented.

It?s a super fun event that has created many new friendships and close bonds between communities. I hope that you would be interested in taking part

1. DO YOU ACCEPT THE INVITATION?

If your community wishes to participate, please confirm your participation to Lissa as soon as you can to ensure yourselves a spot. Currently, the plan is to accommodate 150 communities this season. If there is further interest, additional communities may sign up as substitutes; generally there are some replacements needed both before and during games.

If your community agrees to participate, the deadline for selecting your representative is April 27, but the sooner the better.

The games will take place on Mafia Universe. If it?s okay, I can link directly to the general discussion thread regarding this topic on Mafia Universe.

Important notes
  • You may decide yourselves how you want to elect your representative, but we highly recommend some sort of democratic process (public nominations followed by a poll usually works out well).
  • In addition to electing a representative, you should also name an alternate who will be asked to step in if the first choice needs to back out.
  • Your representative should be prepared for having to read upwards of 500-600 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game. Additionally, there?s a requirement that each player must make at least 10 posts per Game Day. Only active players should apply/participate. I repeat: Your chosen player needs to be able to promise a good amount of activity on a daily basis.


2. SEASON 7 FORMAT

The tournament structure
  • 150 communities will participate, each sending one representative.
  • QUALIFIERS: 10 Qualifier Games will be played, consisting of 15 players each. I.e. every representative plays in one Qualifier Game. The players themselves vote post-game to determine who is deserving of advancement. 1st and 2nd place will advance to the Semifinal Games.
  • SEMIFINALS: A Jury consisting of finalists from Season 6 will select 25 additional players to advance to the three Semifinal Games. From each game, five players will advance to the Finale Game based on a post-game player vote, just like in the qualifying phase.
  • THE FINALE: The Finale Game is played. Once it has completed, the players vote to determine who shall receive the title of Season 7 Champion and a winner?s certificate signed by Dmitry Davidoff, the creator of mafia.


This year?s setup: JOAT^2
The setup is called JOAT^2 and features 15 players.

The setup consists of the following:

3x Mafia Goon
2x Town Jack Of All Trades (9x Doctor, 9x Motion Detector, 9x Tracker)
10x Vanilla Townie

Note that the Jacks Of All Trades must use all three actions before repeating an action, i.e. they are rotating. This does not mean they must use the actions in the same order every time.

Relevant mechanics info
- Day start.
- Majority lynch is enabled Day 2+, but majority is not required at any point in order to lynch.
- Tied votes will result in a player being lynched at random from among the tied players.
- No outside communication. I.e. you may not contact the other players outside of the thread (unless you are Mafia and wish to speak with your teammates).
- Phase Lengths and Deadlines will be up to the players themselves (I?ll organize your representative into a game with deadlines that suit their preferences).
- Thread is locked during Night Phases.
- Votes are automatically locked in at LYLO.
- Mafia factional kills are assigned. They can be tracked, watched, roleblocked, etc. (In this setup, that means they display as an action to the Tracker and the Motion Detector actions.)
- Mafia share a factional Night Kill, which is a single standard shot for their faction. The mafia faction kill is mandatory.
- Mafia may communicate at any time.
- Each individual player may make a maximum of 150 posts per day phase (this restriction is lifted 2 hours before day end).
- The game will have a host to oversee everything and make sure everyone?s following the code of conduct, but otherwise the game is completely automated (automatic votecounts, thread locks and reveals roles automatically, the bot receives and processes actions, etc.).

3. SEASON 7 TIMELINE

There will be 10 Qualifier Games, and your representative plays in just one of these. They will have start dates ranging from late April to mid-June. So in other words, as long as your representative can play sometime during that period, they should be good and I?ll make sure they get scheduled into a game that suits their schedule well. I.e. if your rep is busy until June, that isn?t a problem.

The Semifinal Games will be played in July, and the Finale Game sometime in August/September (whenever we can work out something that suits everyone).

If you want to get in contact with me ASAP, you can find me on Discord (Lissa#8083).

Kind regards,
Lissa



Anyone?
deformatted
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 24th April 2020, 12:32 AM   #459106  /  #3518
MSG
Ol' Zipperlaig
 
MSG's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: N?yfb
I nominate Imp
__________________
Over 19,000 more posts than Prince Humperdinck
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 24th April 2020, 08:29 AM   #459128  /  #3519
Timewave
Senior Member
 
Timewave's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: IN MY HEAD (MOSTLY)
According to imp, he is the best and fairest of us all.
Imp
__________________
this ol' world keeps spinning round, it's a wonder tall trees ain't laying down, comes a time.
Timewave is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 24th April 2020, 01:17 PM   #459132  /  #3520
Imp
Inanimate bowl of pasta
 
Imp's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Waddle waddle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
- Each individual player may make a maximum of 150 posts per day phase (this restriction is lifted 2 hours before day end).
__________________
Basically a dead sunflower
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 24th April 2020, 02:19 PM   #459133  /  #3521
Carlsson
kitchen sink garbage disposal
 
Carlsson's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Sweden
Have fun!
Carlsson is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 25th April 2020, 03:54 AM   #459150  /  #3522
Mantisdreamz
corridors, refectories and files
 
Mantisdreamz's Avatar
 

I vote for Imp
Mantisdreamz is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 25th April 2020, 04:55 AM   #459151  /  #3523
Timewave
Senior Member
 
Timewave's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: IN MY HEAD (MOSTLY)

Imp, imp, imp.
There, said it three times.
Imp will appear and 2in the crown for mindromp!
__________________
this ol' world keeps spinning round, it's a wonder tall trees ain't laying down, comes a time.
Timewave is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 25th April 2020, 08:23 AM   #459153  /  #3524
Imp
Inanimate bowl of pasta
 
Imp's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Waddle waddle


Bully nostrum instead, she thinks she's good.
__________________
Basically a dead sunflower
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 25th April 2020, 08:38 AM   #459154  /  #3525
Timewave
Senior Member
 
Timewave's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: IN MY HEAD (MOSTLY)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post


Bully nostrum instead, she thinks she's good.
But you don't and everyone thinks you are
__________________
this ol' world keeps spinning round, it's a wonder tall trees ain't laying down, comes a time.
Timewave is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Reply

  MindRomp Forum > Community > Mafia

Tags
borealis doesn't think penii are fun, get a job, hashtag, penes or penises not penii, penis, purple throbbing heat seeking moisture missile, tag1

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2011-2018 MindRomp.org