Links
Portal |  Forum | Core Values | 
MindRomp Forum  

FAQ Janitors Arcade
Go Back   MindRomp Forum > General Discussion > Science and Information Technology

Science and Information Technology "Hello World"

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th February 2017, 08:47 PM   #384654  /  #51
OmicronPersei8
Declared candidate for Best Poster 2017 of the fuckin decade
 
OmicronPersei8's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Gib's
'nothing'
__________________
I am Lrrr, ruler of the planet OmicronPersei8.

Jerome: My mistake.
OmicronPersei8 is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 24th February 2017, 08:52 PM   #384657  /  #52
Jerome
Life is just a bowl of cherries
 
Jerome's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Pleasant Living
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Daniel View Post
Making shit up again, this time about what I supposedly think.
You think stars are light years away from the earth and we can measure that distance.

The reason you think this is because of maths using non-observed assumptions.

You think math can create the universe, as opposed to science which uses math to explain the universe in a particular language.
__________________
The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience.
-Albert Camus
Jerome is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 24th February 2017, 08:57 PM   #384660  /  #53
OmicronPersei8
Declared candidate for Best Poster 2017 of the fuckin decade
 
OmicronPersei8's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Gib's
lol
__________________
I am Lrrr, ruler of the planet OmicronPersei8.

Jerome: My mistake.
OmicronPersei8 is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 24th February 2017, 09:28 PM   #384672  /  #54
gib
concerned third party
 
gib's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Jilted John
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majiffy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Daniel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
You can't insert X into both sides of an equation to prove X is X.
Well, at least this string of words is grammatical. But using the word "equation" in a sentence, and putting the letter X into it, isn't good enough to disguise the fact that you don't have the first clue about what can or cannot be done with mathematics.
You mean like 10x/5 = 5x - 15, solve for x?
10x/5 is same as 2x

2x = 5x - 15

2x + 15 = 5x

2 + 15/x = 5

15/x = 3

15/3 = x

x = 5

probably not the fastest route but at least i could do that one
__________________
communicating my inner something since 2017
gib is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
Majiffy (24th February 2017)
Old 24th February 2017, 09:35 PM   #384676  /  #55
Jerome
Life is just a bowl of cherries
 
Jerome's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Pleasant Living
Quote:
Originally Posted by gib View Post
x = 5
x = x

X represents the initial unobserved assumption. They have already decided x = 5, then built maths around x being 5. Then they try to evidence x = 5 by showing their constructed maths where x is substituted for 5.

Its all circular nonsense.
__________________
The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience.
-Albert Camus
Jerome is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 24th February 2017, 10:17 PM   #384681  /  #56
Magicziggy
vandal
 
Magicziggy's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Loadsamoney
Jeromaths

Or

Jeromath
Magicziggy is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 24th February 2017, 10:29 PM   #384684  /  #57
Magicziggy
vandal
 
Magicziggy's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Loadsamoney
You should really pitch in and help Carlsson become a lawyer.
Magicziggy is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
rachmarie (25th February 2017)
Old 24th February 2017, 10:46 PM   #384690  /  #58
Jerome
Life is just a bowl of cherries
 
Jerome's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Pleasant Living
That's not hard once you learn the language.

It can be tricky because words used in everyday parlance, many times have a different meaning in the law.
__________________
The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience.
-Albert Camus
Jerome is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 24th February 2017, 10:48 PM   #384691  /  #59
Majiffy
I'll have you know I'm popular on many web forums
 
Majiffy's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Buffalo, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gib View Post
x = 5
x = x

X represents the initial unobserved assumption. They have already decided x = 5, then built maths around x being 5. Then they try to evidence x = 5 by showing their constructed maths where x is substituted for 5.

Its all circular nonsense.
Well you asked me to prove x=x with x being in both sides of the equation.

You didn't say it had to mean anything
__________________
Herpy derpy jerfy!


ʘᴥʘ
pledged my daily allegiance to Satan and pear-shaped air hockey turntable earth
Vivere diu rebellionus!

Proud propagator of the "fire for warmth" myth
Majiffy is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
rachmarie (25th February 2017)
Old 24th February 2017, 10:56 PM   #384699  /  #60
Jerome
Life is just a bowl of cherries
 
Jerome's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Pleasant Living
That is the point. BD can't articulate why he thinks stars are light years away without invoking maths which mean nothing.
__________________
The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience.
-Albert Camus
Jerome is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 24th February 2017, 11:03 PM   #384702  /  #61
Magicziggy
vandal
 
Magicziggy's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Loadsamoney
Or..

You can't understand the maths.

Magicziggy is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
Majiffy (25th February 2017), nostrum (25th February 2017), rachmarie (25th February 2017)
Old 24th February 2017, 11:03 PM   #384703  /  #62
gib
concerned third party
 
gib's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Jilted John
Algebraic meaning "unknown quantity" (1660 in English, from French), sometimes is said to be from medieval use, originally a crossed -r-, in that case probably from Latin radix (see root (n.)). Other theories trace it to Arabic (Klein), but a more prosaic explanation says Descartes (1637) took x, y, z, the last three letters of the alphabet, for unknowns to correspond to a, b, c, used for known quantities.
__________________
communicating my inner something since 2017
gib is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
Majiffy (25th February 2017), rachmarie (25th February 2017)
Old 24th February 2017, 11:12 PM   #384710  /  #63
Jerome
Life is just a bowl of cherries
 
Jerome's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Pleasant Living
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicziggy View Post

You can't understand the maths.
The maths are fine. The problem is using math to create the universe as opposed to using maths to explain the universe.

Do you really not see the difference?

Its like calculating the distance to the sun. Assume a flat plane, or assume a sphere, either way the maths work, yet the conclusions are contradictory.
__________________
The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience.
-Albert Camus
Jerome is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 24th February 2017, 11:20 PM   #384712  /  #64
gib
concerned third party
 
gib's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Jilted John
the sun isn't a flat plane, what are you going on about
__________________
communicating my inner something since 2017
gib is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
Majiffy (25th February 2017), rachmarie (25th February 2017)
Old 24th February 2017, 11:57 PM   #384716  /  #65
spruce
redolent needling balm
 
spruce's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Appalachia, CSA
We didn't come from monkeys. Not all of us.
__________________
:spruce:
"She swallowed the bird to catch the spider,
That wriggled and jiggled and tickled inside 'er." - MSG (of diva)
* ^ * ^ * ^ * ^ * ^ *
I smell the STANK OF DEF!
spruce is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 25th February 2017, 12:11 AM   #384724  /  #66
Timewave
Senior Member
 
Timewave's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: IN MY HEAD (MOSTLY)
I'll be a monkeys uncle spruce and you can be a wolfs uncle.
__________________
this ol' world keeps spinning round, it's a wonder tall trees ain't laying down, comes a time.
Timewave is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
rachmarie (25th February 2017)
Old 25th February 2017, 12:15 AM   #384725  /  #67
MSG
Ol' Zipperlaig
 
MSG's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: N?yfb
*wolfspawn
__________________
Over 19,000 more posts than Prince Humperdinck
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
rachmarie (25th February 2017)
Old 25th February 2017, 01:43 AM   #384760  /  #68
Brother Daniel
bad case of gleeks
 
Brother Daniel's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: a peninsula in the North Atlantic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
You think stars are light years away from the earth and we can measure that distance.
That's the bit where you're right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome
The reason you think this is because of maths using non-observed assumptions.
That's the bit where you're wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome
You think math can create the universe
That's the bit where you're lying.

See, that was easy to sort out.
__________________
Bro D and Imp never really know each other, but they do know each other's nightmares.
Brother Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
borealis (25th February 2017), nostrum (25th February 2017), rachmarie (25th February 2017)
Old 25th February 2017, 01:45 AM   #384762  /  #69
Brother Daniel
bad case of gleeks
 
Brother Daniel's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: a peninsula in the North Atlantic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
either way the maths work
Show that the maths work either way.

Oh right. You can't. Because you know nothing about maths.
__________________
Bro D and Imp never really know each other, but they do know each other's nightmares.
Brother Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
rachmarie (25th February 2017)
Old 25th February 2017, 01:52 AM   #384768  /  #70
rachmarie
Equi-Feminist Extraordinaire
 
rachmarie's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Buffalo, NY
Bro D
__________________
The not so new kid on the block, still on the chopping block lol.


Is not a Jiffy alt sock
rachmarie is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 25th February 2017, 01:58 AM   #384770  /  #71
Jerome
Life is just a bowl of cherries
 
Jerome's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Pleasant Living
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Daniel View Post
Show that the maths work either way.
__________________
The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience.
-Albert Camus
Jerome is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 25th February 2017, 02:00 AM   #384772  /  #72
Jerome
Life is just a bowl of cherries
 
Jerome's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Pleasant Living
I have the sun as close because it can be observed close.

You have the sun far away. Why do you deny your own observations?
__________________
The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience.
-Albert Camus
Jerome is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 25th February 2017, 02:09 AM   #384778  /  #73
Brother Daniel
bad case of gleeks
 
Brother Daniel's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: a peninsula in the North Atlantic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
[dumb meme snipped]
If you think that's a valid argument, you certainly failed geometry.

But of course you did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
I have the sun as close because it can be observed close.
Either you're lying, or you don't know what "observed" means. I can't tell which.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome
You have the sun far away. Why do you deny your own observations?
Why do you beat your wife?
__________________
Bro D and Imp never really know each other, but they do know each other's nightmares.
Brother Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
rachmarie (25th February 2017)
Old 25th February 2017, 02:16 AM   #384781  /  #74
Jerome
Life is just a bowl of cherries
 
Jerome's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Pleasant Living
... and you still haven't told why you think the stars are light years away, nor have you told why the sun is 93million miles away.
__________________
The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience.
-Albert Camus
Jerome is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 25th February 2017, 02:51 AM   #384789  /  #75
Brother Daniel
bad case of gleeks
 
Brother Daniel's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: a peninsula in the North Atlantic
You didn't ask.
__________________
Bro D and Imp never really know each other, but they do know each other's nightmares.
Brother Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Reply

  MindRomp Forum > General Discussion > Science and Information Technology

Tags
astrology thread, daphne come home, flat-earth triggers itt, innumerate and proud of it, oops woke jerome

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2011-2018 MindRomp.org