Links
Portal |  Forum | Core Values | 
MindRomp Forum  

FAQ Janitors Arcade
Go Back   MindRomp Forum > General Discussion > News, Sports & Politics

News, Sports & Politics Hello, good evening, and welcome...

Old 15th October 2019, 04:25 PM   #450890  /  #1026
Brother Daniel
bad case of gleeks

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: a peninsula in the North Atlantic
Quote:
Originally Posted by borealis View Post
heya, bro D, I was beginning to worry.
I'm having a mood.

Haven't really felt like foruming, for some time. Maybe I still don't.

It'll wear off.
borealis (15th October 2019)
Old 15th October 2019, 06:31 PM   #450892  /  #1027
Imp
Inanimate bowl of pasta

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Waddle waddle
A game of mafia will fix that right up
Old 15th October 2019, 09:12 PM   #450894  /  #1028
borealis
poikilothermic

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Daniel View Post
Quote:
heya, bro D, I was beginning to worry.
I'm having a mood.

Haven't really felt like foruming, for some time. Maybe I still don't.

It'll wear off.
I've had those. Once I stayed away so long someone figured out where I lived and phoned to see if I was alive.

Was a bit shocking, tbh.
Old 15th October 2019, 10:00 PM   #450895  /  #1029
Timewave

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: IN MY HEAD (MOSTLY)
Just recently I was trying to keep up with the posts but didn't have anything to say.
But now I realize nothing to say is no reason not to say it.

(now I can't decide what smilie to use.)
borealis (16th October 2019), Brother Daniel (16th October 2019)
Old 15th October 2019, 10:50 PM   #450896  /  #1030
nostrum
I do stuff

let's all try quitting
Brother Daniel (16th October 2019)
Old 16th October 2019, 12:21 AM   #450898  /  #1031
borealis
poikilothermic

Nooo! Winter is coming here, it will be dark and depressing I will need mr!
Old 16th October 2019, 06:49 AM   #450899  /  #1032
oblivion
Asylum

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Norton's Empire
Who wants to write a novel next month?
oblivion is online now   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 16th October 2019, 07:17 AM   #450900  /  #1033
nostrum
I do stuff

me
oblivion (16th October 2019)
Old 16th October 2019, 08:51 AM   #450906  /  #1034
Timewave

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: IN MY HEAD (MOSTLY)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nostrum View Post
let's all try quitting
Is there a Patch for it?
borealis (16th October 2019), Imp (16th October 2019)
Old 16th October 2019, 03:26 PM   #450910  /  #1035
Cunt
Unregistered member

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Circum-polar region
There is only a week left. My least favourite party choice is represented well and honestly here, by a man who is a good friend. And a good man.

It's awkward. I am looking forward to it being over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG View Post
zel, would you consider not enabling the shitting up of our forum by engaging in these conversations?

Cunt is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 17th October 2019, 08:34 PM   #450931  /  #1036
OmicronPersei8
Declared candidate for Best Poster 2017 of the fuckin decade

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Gib's
Quote:
Originally Posted by oblivion View Post
Who wants to write a novel next month?
talktotransformer.com

Jerome: My mistake.
OmicronPersei8 is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 18th October 2019, 08:36 AM   #450957  /  #1037
nostrum
I do stuff

sorted
Old 18th October 2019, 04:01 PM   #450964  /  #1038
Cunt
Unregistered member

I think I've decided. I was leaning toward the PPC, until I heard last nights debate. Our local PPC candidate missed some golden opportunities to be clear, honest and direct. Another candidate (who also practiced doublespeak of that nature) had a lot more going for him, and seems to have nearly as much to offer on the important issues.

They asked them all an interesting question last night. 'Which of your competitors would you prefer to make a coalition government with'. It's hilarious to watch them all squirm to not be clear about their answers.

Quote:
zel, would you consider not enabling the shitting up of our forum by engaging in these conversations?

Old 20th October 2019, 03:55 AM   #450989  /  #1039
oblivion
Asylum

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Norton's Empire
So, some dude named Warren Kinsella is trending on twitter because he deleted his account. And Andrew Scheer's folks won't say if he was hired by Scheer's party.

Looks like juicy political scandal. But, I can't be arsed. My political sludge detector has been lost for ages in a huge tidal wave of sludge.
oblivion is online now   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 20th October 2019, 04:11 AM   #450991  /  #1040
borealis
poikilothermic

If Scheer's campaign hired Kinsella, it will look bad, yes. Otherwise, Bernier's party is attracting a varied crew of bigots, so may depend on how far from truth Kinsella's crew strayed. Risky though, the CPoC has some shady associations at the fringes. Scheer has been associated with Faith Goldy, a notorious Canadian white supremacist.
Old 20th October 2019, 08:42 PM   #450995  /  #1041
Cunt
Unregistered member

Quote:
If Scheer's campaign hired Kinsella, it will look bad, yes. Otherwise, Bernier's party is attracting a varied crew of bigots, so may depend on how far from truth Kinsella's crew strayed. Risky though, the CPoC has some shady associations at the fringes. Scheer has been associated with Faith Goldy, a notorious Canadian white supremacist.
Trudeau tried hard to keep Rebel reporters from covering the only English language debate he would attend. It went to a judge. Guess what the judge ordered?

The media is hilariously biased, and if all they can do to defend free speech is to take gifts of poutine, cash and such from the party who gave us back blackface rights and marijuhana, then good, right?

Quote:

Old 21st October 2019, 12:36 AM   #451002  /  #1042
borealis
poikilothermic

Rebel media can fuck right off. I hope they shut down. How you can defend a bunch of edgy white supremacist supporting assholes and cry about the fact not only the Liberals but also the Conservatives refuse to deal with them because you're all free speechy is beyond me. Let them free speech away, but nobody who doesn't want to talk to them should be forced to, which seems to be what you think.

I've also read the PPC platform, and reading between the lines, they want to strip Canadians of the safety net many Canadians depend on, often through no fault of their own. I'm also sick to death of politicians who are prepared to abandon the Atlantic provinces because we're too small and too poor to be useful when raising money until election time. Bernier has no use for us. He'd like to see us sink into destitution while he rewards the wealthy upper Canadian few and panders a bit to the west to secure his central base, despite the long history of central Canadian graft and pilferage that put us here.
Old 21st October 2019, 04:55 AM   #451008  /  #1043
Cunt
Unregistered member

Quote:
Rebel media can fuck right off. I hope they shut down. How you can defend a bunch of edgy white supremacist supporting assholes and cry about the fact not only the Liberals but also the Conservatives refuse to deal with them because you're all free speechy is beyond me. Let them free speech away, but nobody who doesn't want to talk to them should be forced to, which seems to be what you think.
I'm sure glad the judge presiding over the case saw the partisan nature of the attacks. Did you learn that Rebel media was assholes from a government-funded media channel? Is it one being paid to slurp the pouch of politicians?

Maybe you can refuse to listen to people that you were told to call assholes, but I'm glad to make my own decisions about what I hear and don't hear.

If it were up to you, no-one would hear questions asked of JT about the rough stuff, instead preferring 'approved questioners' and their puff-pieces.

Quote:

I've also read the PPC platform, and reading between the lines, they want to strip Canadians of the safety net many Canadians depend on, often through no fault of their own. I'm also sick to death of politicians who are prepared to abandon the Atlantic provinces because we're too small and too poor to be useful when raising money until election time. Bernier has no use for us. He'd like to see us sink into destitution while he rewards the wealthy upper Canadian few and panders a bit to the west to secure his central base, despite the long history of central Canadian graft and pilferage that put us here.
I preferred them over all the others, based on the attacks levied against Bernier (which rely on misinterpreting his words, or not considering his side of an issue)

I'm used to that, I've been hearing beastly things said about decent folk like Dave Rubin, Jordan Peterson and Alex Jones that turn out to be hilariously bullshit.

Since hearing my local debates, I think my choice will be, for the first time in my life, voting for the PC's. They are the only ones who seem not crazy, yet still kind of effective.

Of course, I don't mind opposing 'PC culture' out loud, while the squeaking minority are VERY loud and aggressive about their hate and de-platforming campaigns. The hugest majority hate PC culture, and you can see it by looking at actual support vs publicly vocal support for more conservative ideas.

The lefter people are, the less likely they will be able to discuss their ideas with anyone who disagrees. It makes an easy touchstone for stupidity.

Quote:

Old 21st October 2019, 10:49 AM   #451014  /  #1044
Brother Daniel
bad case of gleeks

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: a peninsula in the North Atlantic
You have a weird set of filters.

Anyone on the Right can do no wrong; any attacks on them are automatically “partisan” and thus automatically “bullshit”.

Why won’t you extend the same courtesy to anyone on the Left?
borealis (21st October 2019)
Old 21st October 2019, 10:51 AM   #451015  /  #1045
Brother Daniel
bad case of gleeks

And in other matters: I notice that Scheer, like Harper before him, is actively promoting misinformation about the rules underlying our political system.
borealis (21st October 2019)
Old 21st October 2019, 04:01 PM   #451026  /  #1046
Cunt
Unregistered member

Quote:
You have a weird set of filters.

Anyone on the Right can do no wrong; any attacks on them are automatically ?partisan? and thus automatically ?bullshit?.

Why won?t you extend the same courtesy to anyone on the Left?
I do. Canadian politicians are almost all on the left.

I don't agree that anyone on the right can do no wrong, but see which side experiences more media bias, and push back the other way.

Academia, entertainment and the not-for-profit sector are all heavily biased to the left here in Canada, so if you are a leftie, it probably doesn't look that way to you.

It's all about perspective.

Maybe if you saw your countries leader fire his justice minister for opposing corruption, you would see the leftie media bias. Or maybe if you saw them giving cash and gifts to their chosen 'journalists', you would still be a leftie.

The left is embarrassing, so I find it tough to identify with them anymore. Did you know that Vancouver Pride decided to BAN the fucking library?

Do you side with the librarians? Or the queers? (I used to always back the queers, until they went politically nuts)

Quote:

Old 21st October 2019, 04:03 PM   #451027  /  #1047
Cunt
Unregistered member

Quote:
And in other matters: I notice that Scheer, like Harper before him, is actively promoting misinformation about the rules underlying our political system.
Another leftie - this time from the USA lol

Who opposes the left's positions on tough issues? It's pretty easy to do most of it, but opposing some of the 'hot button' issues immediately gets one attacked by the maddest of the left.

Quote:

Old 21st October 2019, 05:07 PM   #451028  /  #1048
borealis
poikilothermic

What the hell do you actually want to see happen politically in Canada, Cunt?

Do you want to see public healthcare entirely privatised? Education defunded? Abortion and same sex marriage rights removed? Environmental protections eliminated? Free for all oil extraction? Year round hunting? Immigration and refugee acceptance halted or severely restricted to only rich immigrants? We are barely able to keep those principles in action with 'leftist' politicians in power.

What exactly do you think is good about the right's ideas besides 'free speech!!! so I can freely use racial and ethnic slurs on the TV instead of just at home or with my racist buddies!'

You're saying even the conservatives are leftists, wtf?

You champion rebel media, the Canadian media most sympathetic to white supremacy/white nationalism.

Are you a white supremacist? A white nationalist?
Old 21st October 2019, 05:30 PM   #451029  /  #1049
borealis
poikilothermic

In a lifetime of frequently inviting people, in small or large numbers, into my home, I've only ejected a handful.

The guy who was forcing alcohol on an already drunk girl half his age while groping her. (Told him to leave and he made the mistake of telling me it wasn't my house. Ejected with prejudice.)

The man who sat at my kitchen table boasting about cheating on his wife by fucking a drunk teenaged FN girl the night before, calling her a slut and 'a fucking squaw, who the fuck cares.' (Ejected with blistering commentary.)

The drunk and aggressive woman who I dragged off my equally drunk housemate as she attempted to sexually assault him. (Holy shit. She wanted to fight with me at that point, but having hauled her bodily off my friend I'd already discovered she had literally noodles for arms and posed no threat at all. Called her trainwreck of a husband to come get her off my lawn.)

The self-identified (immigrant German) Nazi who decided my house was a good place to start spouting racist and anti-semitic propaganda.

The really frigging sleazy married cop who followed another housemate home for a quickie.

That's about it.

I guess in your view, Cunt, those were all examples of me acting like Typical Politically Correct Anti-Free Speech Leftist Scum, since all of the above were Embracing Personal Freedom.
Old 21st October 2019, 05:53 PM   #451030  /  #1050
Cunt
Unregistered member

Quote:
What the hell do you actually want to see happen politically in Canada, Cunt?
People supported as much as they can use.

(vague question, vague answer)
Quote:
Do you want to see public healthcare entirely privatised?
It is privatised to an extent now, so maybe?

I don't know, but our health care is both good and bad, depending on which facet you look at.

I like that it is free, of course, but the wealthy have always had access to better health care, everywhere/everywhen I have lived.
Quote:
Education defunded?
Sure! They are doing a shit job here (especially in northern communities) and endlessly fail to explain why. They DO however, ruin a lot of lives on their way to failure.

Education money is often wasted, bor. I've seen it and so have you. Here is an example - should a university professor be higher paid than a pre-K teacher?
Quote:
Abortion and same sex marriage rights removed?
I've always thought the best way to cover that, was to deny the government the right to ask a persons gender, or who they like fucking, then the rest sorts itself out nicely.

As it is, Jessica Yaniv is the end of the 'human rights' path we have been taking. Do you think HE should be able to do what he has done?
Quote:
Environmental protections eliminated?
Much of recycling doesn't work, but government money still gets chucked in willy-nilly, then good people buy single-use plastic, thinking they can recycle it.

Recycling it often means shipping it to a third-world country for burial.

Yes, I would remove a lot of environmental protections. A pal of mine is a near-retirement professional who inspects mines for the government. He cares deeply about the land. I wish he was crowdfunded rather than government funded, because the government has been corrupt.

But everyone seems to think the government is doing environment right.

Why not give them more money, and absolve ourselves of responsibility further?
Quote:
Free for all oil extraction?
No, I would rather have crowdfunded inspectors, and lawyers defending the land, over politicians who MUST make deals to get and stay in power.
Quote:
Year round hunting?
That is the norm for many hunters...no restrictions of any kind.

I prefer to stick to the posted rules, when I hunt. Those rules aren't as clear and simple as your question implies, but I doubt you would know where the differences are. Are you even a hunter? Or are you just tossing around scary stories?
Quote:
Immigration and refugee acceptance halted or severely restricted to only rich immigrants?
Not only rich, but only legal. We can support a certain amount of legal immigrants, but blurring the lines between legal an dillegal immigrants means we can't pick a number.

How many of your rooms are you willing to give to immigrants? (for me, the number is zero right now)
Quote:
We are barely able to keep those principles in action with 'leftist' politicians in power.
Which 'principles'? Can you state them a bit less colourfully?

Quote:

What exactly do you think is good about the right's ideas besides 'free speech!!!
Very little, but that one is SO important, it can ruin (or support) all the others.

We have built the west on free speech, and now everyone is reluctant to admit how much BETTER it is here, over every other culture I can think of.

Which would you prefer? One like Canada/US which is built on the heritage of Common Law, or one of the others?
Quote:
so I can freely use racial and ethnic slurs on the TV instead of just at home or with my racist buddies!'
If you want, go ahead.

Most people I know who like each other, make fun of each other a bit. Some push it too far, and are assholes.

It has been ever that way, making a rule about certain words doesn't affect racism, as far as I can tell.
Quote:
You're saying even the conservatives are leftists, wtf?
The left has set a HIGH AS HELL number on how many immigrants we can take in. Sheer seems to agree (or at least not disagree) with the Trudeau government number (over 300,000 I think). Will you pick a number to support? Or would you worry that defining Canada's available largess would make you sound like a bigot?
Quote:

You champion rebel media, the Canadian media most sympathetic to white supremacy/white nationalism.
I champion them because of the efforts of the group in power, to silence them.

Who else is saying something so important that Trudeau directs lawyers to try to prevent their questions? You do get that the powerful elite (the Liberals) have been attacking them relentlessly, and that a judge decided - very quickly - that they were being unfairly treated, don't you?

Would you rather the ruling class have the right to exclude criticisms when they like?

Did you see the antifa jackass screaming at the old lady trying to get into a Bernier speech? Do you think he should have a right to block her and scream at her that she is a Nazi?

Or do you think maybe she is too dumb to listen to his words, and make up her own mind?

Or do you stand against the young wealthy man blocking her way to a political discussion?

I'm really curious.
Quote:
Are you a white supremacist?
I don't belong to such a group. They wouldn't accept me, OR my non-white partner/love/family members.
Quote:
A white nationalist?
I don't belong to such a group.

Does it make me a 'nationalist' to think Canada deserves to choose for Canada, and not a foreign bunch of bureaucrats like the UN?

I think global domination is still sketchy as fuck. Would you rather decide who should come into your house? Or let the government?

Would you rather Canada decides how many immigrants and refugees to accept? Or let the UN?

Where do YOU stand? And would you refuse to vote for PC's no matter WHAT the Liberals and NDP do? Or could their actions change your support of them?

Quote:

MindRomp Forum > General Discussion > News, Sports & Politics

Tags
get a job, north dumbfuckistan, penis penis penis