Links
Portal |  Forum | Core Values | 
MindRomp Forum  

FAQ Janitors Arcade
Go Back   MindRomp Forum > General Discussion > Science and Information Technology

Science and Information Technology "Hello World"

Old 4th March 2019, 05:45 AM   #445236  /  #2476
MondoVman
Giant Member

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Southwest Atlantica
Quote:
Originally Posted by gib View Post
hi, your'e fucking mental if you don't relocate your loved ones from that sandy oven

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2017/...or-humans.html
That author must have mentored the "extremely difficult" (to count)
killed feral cats (kfc) author.

Wonder if the kfc author would agree that by their finding that 75% of
killed kitties were *hunted* that it's acceptable for others to state they
indeed were *hunted*? (lol)
Old 4th March 2019, 10:53 AM   #445240  /  #2477
Zeluvia
Send Cash or Drugs

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Evil Duckess
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG View Post
there was a very serious article in the New Scientist a few years back that proposed the relocation of most of the world's population to the South Island of New Zealand or the Antarctic Peninsula as the last inhabitable areas; I am not making this up (*my parents bought me a subscription for Christmas; I did not renew)

I suggested years ago that atheist's should claim Antarctica as our new "home" to avoid persecution, and so we could start moving there once it warmed up !

But I think I am right about British Columbia. It would be like moving the climate of northern California a few hundred miles north. The problem is predicting where there will be enough rain. Warming oceans should mean more rain almost everywhere the wind currents will carry evaporated sea water over high enough mountains to cause condensation. In general, the warming Pacific is pushing the Jet Stream north, because high pressure builds over the center.

A similar thing should happen in the south, and it seems it has:

https://phys.org/news/2018-11-centur...bial-life.html

Zeluvia is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 4th March 2019, 12:16 PM   #445242  /  #2478
borealis
poikilothermic

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Canada
Sadly, climate change is likely to make it wetter and colder here*. As we're having another storm today, which is currently fine snow but will turn to ice pellets and rain in a while, they're likely not wrong.

*cold fresh water from melting Greenland destroying the Gulf Stream
Old 4th March 2019, 03:35 PM   #445243  /  #2479
Cunt
Unregistered member

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Circum-polar region
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeluvia View Post
I have determined from careful analysis that the best place to be will be the far west coast of Canada. Somewhere in the mountains but close to the coast, around Kitselas.

Sea level rise and prevailing winds will make sure the area has rain, rain that won't make it to Central Canada because of the mountains. The mountains will help keep the air breathable. Temperatures should be temperate. Disasters should be few.

Everywhere else is going to be fucked. I am sure Cunt can put you all up.

Sorry, I'm in a semi-arid low lying region. Any resources I have will need to be moved to higher ground before the great disaster comes in 2000
http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/...ckval=GooglePM
Quote:
1. San Jose Mercury News (CA) - June 30, 1989 - 3F General News

GRIM FORECAST
A senior environmental official at the United Nations, Noel Brown, says entire nations could be wiped off the face of the earth by rising sea levels if global warming is not reversed by the year 2000. Coastal flooding and crop failures would create an exodus of "eco-refugees," threatening political chaos, said Brown, director of the New York office of the U.N. Environment Program. He said governments have a 10-year window of opportunity to solve the greenhouse effect before it goes beyond human...
He's a SENIOR OFFICIAL so you had better listen to him.

Fix it by 2000, or it will be too late.

By the way, what should we do when it's 'too late'? Keep shovelling money into electric cars and wind farms? Or start stocking the mountain escape?

*Caution*
Feminism IS the Patriarchy.

Cunt is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 4th March 2019, 03:43 PM   #445244  /  #2480
gib
them days are gone, boy

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: the thin one out of Laurel & Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG View Post
there was a very serious article in the New Scientist a few years back that proposed the relocation of most of the world's population to the South Island of New Zealand or the Antarctic Peninsula as the last inhabitable areas; I am not making this up (*my parents bought me a subscription for Christmas; I did not renew)

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...the-super-rich
Old 4th March 2019, 03:49 PM   #445246  /  #2481
Cunt
Unregistered member

Quote:
Originally Posted by borealis View Post
Sadly, climate change is likely to make it wetter and colder here*. As we're having another storm today, which is currently fine snow but will turn to ice pellets and rain in a while, they're likely not wrong.

If you need access to my mountain escape, you can get in.

I would back you up, even if you were an old lady, useless for physical work, and cantankerous and disagreeable. You have been an important, if small, part of my life, borealis.

I ran last night under brilliant auroras, and thought of you and how much your 'opinions' piss me off. It's been wonderful that I got to know you.

Oh, and if you do come, you had better like lentils. Hamburger lentil soup just made it to the 'top 10' list in our home. It's delicious.

*Caution*

Old 4th March 2019, 04:27 PM   #445247  /  #2482
borealis
poikilothermic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunt View Post
Quote:

If you need access to my mountain escape, you can get in.

I would back you up, even if you were an old lady, useless for physical work, and cantankerous and disagreeable. You have been an important, if small, part of my life, borealis.

I ran last night under brilliant auroras, and thought of you and how much your 'opinions' piss me off. It's been wonderful that I got to know you.

Oh, and if you do come, you had better like lentils. Hamburger lentil soup just made it to the 'top 10' list in our home. It's delicious.
Why thank you! I do like lentils, in fact I'm partial to most legumes except for canned string beans which are an abomination that all by themselves prove there is no loving god.

I have been planning to be cantankerous and disagreeable in my old age since I was in college. My best friend (also a na´ve rural kid only from the Acadian shore, we used to speak abominably bad franglish to each other to annoy our mostly American professors) and I planned to live, Maud Lewis style, in a barely habitable rural shack painted in flowers outside, where we would wear outlandish colourful ragbag clothes, bicker endlessly in the front yard, and regularly frighten children.

I'm very glad my opinions piss you off. I am penetrating your brain.
Old 4th March 2019, 04:30 PM   #445248  /  #2483
Cunt
Unregistered member

Quote:
Acadian shore
You know, I once walked to Saulnierville Station, nursing a shitty crush on a redheaded french girl.

That wasn't you was it?

If I recall correctly, I turned around and walked back unrequited.

You from up the line, or down the line from there?

*Caution*

Old 4th March 2019, 04:37 PM   #445250  /  #2484
borealis
poikilothermic

Nah, my friend was the Acadienne, I am a sixth gen Cape Bretoner. We bonded over our complete ignorance of how to even board a city bus or walk on sidewalks without tripping over the hard edges.
Old 4th March 2019, 04:44 PM   #445252  /  #2485
Cunt
Unregistered member

Quote:
Nah, my friend was the Acadienne, I am a sixth gen Cape Bretoner. We bonded over our complete ignorance of how to even board a city bus or walk on sidewalks without tripping over the hard edges.
I had a very intensely exciting weekend with a visiting Cape Bretoner once. She was from Marion Bridge, and I hope it doesn't get her into trouble mentioning our tryst now.

It was in the 80's. Her dad was brought in to fix something. We walked on the beach holding hands. Holy shit, my heart just wrenched thinking about it.

Some kids taunted us I remember, and as we hurried our pace, they teased us about that, too. I didn't fit in very well back then, but was SO happy to share that brief encounter with B.

(not 'b', don't worry lol)

*Caution*

Yay from
borealis (4th March 2019)
Old 6th March 2019, 02:36 AM   #445294  /  #2486
Mantisdreamz
corridors, refectories and files

why didn't you fit in?
Mantisdreamz is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 6th March 2019, 03:26 AM   #445295  /  #2487
Cunt
Unregistered member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantisdreamz View Post
why didn't you fit in?
A lot of it was not speaking French, but plenty of it was me, too.

I kind of dug my heels in and refused to participate in the language. Meaning I understood what people were saying sometimes, but never spoke it, and didn't let on that I knew.

There used to be formal efforts to make French very political (where it mainly was only mildly political) such as supplying a school ONLY if they were french-only. I'm told it was a bit divisive, but that was by a cranky old frenchman, so you never know.

*Caution*

MindRomp Forum > General Discussion > Science and Information Technology

Tags
a berm!!11!!!11!11, chas n dave enter thread and decide to do one, climate change lol, female squeeze-out theory, flat earth, guys. no., innumerate and proud of it, itt coldies fight warmies, jerome is killing my forum enjoyment, jerome owns this gay thread, jfc zippy, manny the mammoth, msg has a point /notmsg, neil armstrong = omg aliens return, penis, perspective...the way the human eye works, puffary, raccoons and shovels, rubber ducky you make bathtime fun, the and of = 3 words, the and of = two words, this is not a drill, venn diagram needed itt, what fresh hell is this, yet another jerome-owned thread *sigh*