Links
Portal |  Forum | Core Values | 
MindRomp Forum  

FAQ Janitors Arcade
Go Back   MindRomp Forum > General Discussion > News, Sports & Politics

News, Sports & Politics Hello, good evening, and welcome...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th November 2016, 08:29 AM   #362498  /  #2551
MSG
Ol' Zipperlaig
 
MSG's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Nyfb
in context




see the 1:10 minute mark
__________________
Over 19,000 more posts than Prince Humperdinck
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
rachmarie (11th November 2016)
Old 11th November 2016, 01:03 PM   #362504  /  #2552
Majiffy
I'll have you know I'm popular on many web forums
 
Majiffy's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Buffalo, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by borealis View Post
It'll be a great wall, yuge, with a big beautiful door in it!*


opening directly into Lake Erie.
__________________
Herpy derpy jerfy!


ʘᴥʘ
pledged my daily allegiance to Satan and pear-shaped air hockey turntable earth
Vivere diu rebellionus!

Proud propagator of the "fire for warmth" myth
Majiffy is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
borealis (11th November 2016), SR71 (11th November 2016)
Old 11th November 2016, 01:48 PM   #362507  /  #2553
spruce
redolent needling balm
 
spruce's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Appalachia, CSA
*taps Democrats for a bridge*
__________________

"She swallowed the bird to catch the spider,
That wriggled and jiggled and tickled inside 'er." - MSG (of diva)
* ^ * ^ * ^ * ^ * ^ *
I smell the STANK OF DEF!
spruce is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 11th November 2016, 02:02 PM   #362508  /  #2554
borealis
poikilothermic
 
borealis's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Canada
Nope. There's this rich 'murikkin who owns the Ambassador bridge, and he don't want no other bridges there, or only if he builds one, not even if Canada pays for one, but he won't build it because the current situation suits him just fine for reasons.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambass...idge_proposals
__________________
borealis is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 11th November 2016, 02:05 PM   #362510  /  #2555
Jerome
Life is just a bowl of cherries
 
Jerome's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Pleasant Living
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmicronPersei8 View Post
Why do SC justices have life appointments?Why is the entire house up every 2 years?
Checks and balances. Life time appointment means they are not subject to whatever the current politics are, but the need for a combination of both the executive plus the senate is the check.

The House has the closest representatives to the people, thus the people change change a dramatic portion of government every two year.
__________________
The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience.
-Albert Camus
Jerome is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 11th November 2016, 02:08 PM   #362511  /  #2556
Jerome
Life is just a bowl of cherries
 
Jerome's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Pleasant Living
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71 View Post

Bullshit. It's politicizing a justice appointment.
You are simply ignorant as to how and why the system was set up.

Stop reading blogs that whine about the system when they don't get their way.

Want to talk about politicizing the system outside its purpose, look at FDR trying to appoint all sort of extra Judges! I wonder why your article didn't bring up that fact .. ohh, because it doesn't fit the narrative they sold you.
__________________
The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience.
-Albert Camus
Jerome is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 11th November 2016, 04:23 PM   #362513  /  #2557
Carlsson
kitchen sink garbage disposal
 
Carlsson's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Sweden
i like that trump won, i know next to nothing about his actual political stance but seeing the PC culture in great suffering causes me such indescribable joy. i dont care if he dissmantles NATO and russia humps us without lubrication because i can rest easy on the fact that it will hurt the naive obnoxious pretentious leftiest more.


im A OKAY with this
Carlsson is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
MondoVman (12th November 2016)
Old 11th November 2016, 04:54 PM   #362515  /  #2558
Mantisdreamz
corridors, refectories and files
 
Mantisdreamz's Avatar
 

i just know that Trump is asking Canada to re-apply for the Keystone pipeline project... which is definitely a good thing.

i don't think he's going to be as bad as people expect..

definitely he is a weird eccentric character, who probably speaks too openly about his (questionable) opinions. but, doesn't mean that he won't be decent. at least he doesn't hide it..
Mantisdreamz is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 11th November 2016, 05:32 PM   #362525  /  #2559
borealis
poikilothermic
 
borealis's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsson View Post
i like that trump won, i know next to nothing about his actual political stance but seeing the PC culture in great suffering causes me such indescribable joy. i dont care if he dissmantles NATO and russia humps us without lubrication because i can rest easy on the fact that it will hurt the naive obnoxious pretentious leftiest more.


im A OKAY with this
This is almost the dumbest opinion I've seen you express.
__________________
borealis is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
Majiffy (11th November 2016), nostrum (11th November 2016)
Old 11th November 2016, 05:37 PM   #362528  /  #2560
SR71
Get Higher Faster
 
SR71's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: With the Techniker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71 View Post

Bullshit. It's politicizing a justice appointment.
You are simply ignorant as to how and why the system was set up.

Stop reading blogs that whine about the system when they don't get their way.

Want to talk about politicizing the system outside its purpose, look at FDR trying to appoint all sort of extra Judges! I wonder why your article didn't bring up that fact .. ohh, because it doesn't fit the narrative they sold you.
You are simply ignorant yourself, and fundamentally dishonest. The court itself is the check between the executive and the legislative. It's to be impartial. Scalia's been dead for months. He died in Obama's term and he should get replaced in Obama's term. Otherwise it subverts the intended constitutional purpose and has the effect of politicizing the court. The appointment process has already taken much longer than it ever has.
__________________
Some days it's not worth chewing through the straps.
SR71 is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 11th November 2016, 06:07 PM   #362533  /  #2561
Jerome
Life is just a bowl of cherries
 
Jerome's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Pleasant Living
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71 View Post
The court itself is the check between the executive and the legislative. It's to be impartial.
Yea, that is why both the Senate and the Executive need to agree.

It wouldn't be a check or a balance if just one side makes a unilateral appointment.



Think about it for a moment, if it was just the executive, then the executive would appoint judges which favor the executive over the congress. Here then you have a lopsided government leaning heavily towards dictatorship.

This is the problem with government schools, they don't teach basic civics any longer.
__________________
The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience.
-Albert Camus
Jerome is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 11th November 2016, 06:09 PM   #362534  /  #2562
Jerome
Life is just a bowl of cherries
 
Jerome's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Pleasant Living
Quote:
Originally Posted by borealis View Post
This is almost the dumbest opinion I've seen you express.
NATO does need to pay their fair share. The USA has been for too long funding the defense of Europe.
__________________
The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience.
-Albert Camus
Jerome is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 11th November 2016, 06:13 PM   #362535  /  #2563
SR71
Get Higher Faster
 
SR71's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: With the Techniker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71 View Post
The court itself is the check between the executive and the legislative. It's to be impartial.
Yea, that is why both the Senate and the Executive need to agree.

It wouldn't be a check or a balance if just one side makes a unilateral appointment.



Think about it for a moment, if it was just the executive, then the executive would appoint judges which favor the executive over the congress. Here then you have a lopsided government leaning heavily towards dictatorship.

This is the problem with government schools, they don't teach basic civics any longer.
Thank you Captain Stupid Obvious. Obama HAS fulfilled his duty and exercised his right as the executive to appoint a nominee. The other half of the check is in the legislative branch. They are derelict in their duty and forfeit in their right to advice and consent. The failure here is clearly in the republican legislature. They are behaving in a way contrary to the intent of the Constitution.
__________________
Some days it's not worth chewing through the straps.
SR71 is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 11th November 2016, 06:18 PM   #362537  /  #2564
SR71
Get Higher Faster
 
SR71's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: With the Techniker
Jerome, where is the part in the constitution about stonewalling until after elections so that the party makeup of the branches is more in one party's favor? What is the constitutional justification for doing so?
__________________
Some days it's not worth chewing through the straps.
SR71 is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
Majiffy (11th November 2016)
Old 11th November 2016, 06:33 PM   #362542  /  #2565
Jerome
Life is just a bowl of cherries
 
Jerome's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Pleasant Living
SR, it was once a system where the President apointed a fair-mined Judge and the Senate confirmed.

The Democrat party turned it into a political football when they came up with the Borking process.

Your party made the change, sorry about your short term thinking. The American voters have spoken, they elected the opposition party to Congress.

Why do you hate the American people?
__________________
The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience.
-Albert Camus
Jerome is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 11th November 2016, 06:38 PM   #362544  /  #2566
SR71
Get Higher Faster
 
SR71's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: With the Techniker
When you're wrong, you can always dodge.
__________________
Some days it's not worth chewing through the straps.
SR71 is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
Majiffy (11th November 2016)
Old 11th November 2016, 06:40 PM   #362545  /  #2567
Jerome
Life is just a bowl of cherries
 
Jerome's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Pleasant Living
I am not wrong, you just are complaining about the system because it didn't work out for you this time.

Why are you not complaining about what the Democrat majority did to the Robert Bork nomination?

Or are you just asking the Republican majority to waste 3 months having hearings only to vote no anyways?
__________________
The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience.
-Albert Camus
Jerome is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 11th November 2016, 07:00 PM   #362553  /  #2568
SR71
Get Higher Faster
 
SR71's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: With the Techniker
Appoint Garland Now (Senate Has Waived Its Rights)

Sign this petition.
__________________
Some days it's not worth chewing through the straps.
SR71 is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
Majiffy (11th November 2016)
Old 11th November 2016, 07:06 PM   #362555  /  #2569
Jerome
Life is just a bowl of cherries
 
Jerome's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Pleasant Living
SR, the petition was elections. There is where the American people decided to keep the Senate in the hands of the opposition party.
__________________
The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience.
-Albert Camus
Jerome is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 11th November 2016, 07:09 PM   #362557  /  #2570
Jerome
Life is just a bowl of cherries
 
Jerome's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Pleasant Living
lol, CNN got caught using one of their cameramen as a protester for an 'on the street interview'.
__________________
The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience.
-Albert Camus
Jerome is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 11th November 2016, 07:15 PM   #362558  /  #2571
Carlsson
kitchen sink garbage disposal
 
Carlsson's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by borealis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsson View Post
i like that trump won, i know next to nothing about his actual political stance but seeing the PC culture in great suffering causes me such indescribable joy. i dont care if he dissmantles NATO and russia humps us without lubrication because i can rest easy on the fact that it will hurt the naive obnoxious pretentious leftiest more.


im A OKAY with this
This is almost the dumbest opinion I've seen you express.
well, im an trump fan, what did u expect? PUSSY GRABING?
Carlsson is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
Majiffy (11th November 2016), SR71 (11th November 2016)
Old 11th November 2016, 07:29 PM   #362563  /  #2572
SR71
Get Higher Faster
 
SR71's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: With the Techniker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
SR, the petition was elections. There is where the American people decided to keep the Senate in the hands of the opposition party.
You have something against my constitutional right to petition the government? Arguing with you is a singularly unsatisfying and unenjoyable activity. I'm out.
__________________
Some days it's not worth chewing through the straps.
SR71 is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
Majiffy (11th November 2016)
Old 11th November 2016, 07:31 PM   #362564  /  #2573
SR71
Get Higher Faster
 
SR71's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: With the Techniker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsson View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by borealis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsson View Post
i like that trump won, i know next to nothing about his actual political stance but seeing the PC culture in great suffering causes me such indescribable joy. i dont care if he dissmantles NATO and russia humps us without lubrication because i can rest easy on the fact that it will hurt the naive obnoxious pretentious leftiest more.


im A OKAY with this
This is almost the dumbest opinion I've seen you express.
well, im an trump fan, what did u expect? PUSSY GRABING?
I think Jerome wants to argue with you, Grabby McGrabberson..
__________________
Some days it's not worth chewing through the straps.
SR71 is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
Majiffy (11th November 2016)
Old 11th November 2016, 07:34 PM   #362565  /  #2574
Jerome
Life is just a bowl of cherries
 
Jerome's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Pleasant Living
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71 View Post
You have something against my constitutional right to petition the government? Arguing with you is a singularly unsatisfying and unenjoyable activity. I'm out.
You are petitioning the White House, they already agree with you.

You need to petition the Senate majority.
__________________
The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience.
-Albert Camus
Jerome is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 11th November 2016, 07:35 PM   #362566  /  #2575
Jerome
Life is just a bowl of cherries
 
Jerome's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Pleasant Living
How many fake stories will come out about children grabbing pussy saying its ok because the president does it?
__________________
The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience.
-Albert Camus
Jerome is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Reply

  MindRomp Forum > General Discussion > News, Sports & Politics

Tags
dumfuckithread, facetious wins, get a job, its ok just dont let it happen again, jerome owns this gay thread, no thanks, pencil, penis, penis penis penis, purple pulsating pillar of power, purple throbbing heat seeking moisture missile, sorry about that, spruce makes sense, this thread literally dehydrates you to death

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2011-2018 MindRomp.org