Links
Portal |  Forum | Core Values | 
MindRomp Forum  

FAQ Janitors Arcade
Go Back   MindRomp Forum > General Discussion > News, Sports & Politics

News, Sports & Politics Hello, good evening, and welcome...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd October 2019, 06:43 AM   #451086  /  #1076
Cunt
Unregistered member
 
Cunt's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Circum-polar region
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Daniel View Post
It's pretty straightforward. There used to be a party called "Progressive Conservative" (yes, yes, I know, I know, it's an oxymoron, but seriously that's what it was called), and people typically abbreviated it to "PC".

A party by that name no longer exists at the Federal level, as far as I know.

The Conservative Party of Canada, the one presently led by Scheer, is not the same party.

Why do you find this confusing?
I guess I must have blinked whenever they renamed themselves. I've calcified, in ways. I never stopped calling Prince Prince, eschewing that symbol and a lot of name-changes since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Daniel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Daniel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunt View Post
I don't agree that anyone on the right can do no wrong,
You come across that way, to me.
Quote:
Academia, entertainment and the not-for-profit sector are all heavily biased to the left here in Canada, so if you are a leftie, it probably doesn't look that way to you.

It's all about perspective.
So tell me. Regarding the blue, is it a FACT, which you discern by way of a magical godlike ability to see the truth directly without any sort of bias of your own? Or is it, perhaps, just a matter of your peculiar perspective, as suggested by the green?
Just pick a left/right disagreement, and watch how it is handled by those bodies...

Like, is transgenderism a left/right disagreement? Or is it non-political?

If it IS a left/right disagreement, it would be easy to see how different groups accept debate around the subject.

It seems, especially lately, that free expression and diversity of opinions is not suitable for any on the left.
That's a lot of words spent avoiding my question.
How is this - I'm sure I have bias, as sure as I am that others do, too. Identified bias isn't the problem, though. It's the stuff that sneaks in past your guard.

So which left/right disagreement would be suitable to satisfy you that media was biased, and which way? Or education in general?

I guess it would mean asking you to identify a clear issue you think is left/right to use as example first. That might be tougher than it sounds.

I guess I would wish for a Conservative minority, curbed harshly by a lively coalition of liberals and NDP, with a few independents to fuck with things a bit randomly.

It's hard to get the best out of both sides of any question, but this kind of arrangement would allow a lot of fat bureaucrats to get themselves elected and feel important, while hobbling them from actually doing anything.

ETA -
Quote:
It's the stuff that sneaks in past your my guard.
__________________
---------
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-Lenny Bruce

*Caution*
Feminism IS the Patriarchy.


Last edited by Cunt; 22nd October 2019 at 06:47 AM.
Cunt is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 24th October 2019, 09:22 PM   #451135  /  #1077
Cunt
Unregistered member
 
Cunt's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Circum-polar region
[QUOTE=Cunt;451062]
Quote:
Originally Posted by borealis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by borealis View Post



My my don't you misrepresent what I have said about Jordan Peterson.
Most of what I remember anyone saying is empty insults and false accusations.
Just a reminder, borealis, that you still had nothing substantive to say about his words, and it looks like you decided to hate him on behalf of what other people claim he said.

If you have any examples of his statements which you disagree with, you might change my mind, but I'm going to continue to assume you drank some shitty kool-aid to take in your opinion on him.
__________________
---------
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-Lenny Bruce

*Caution*
Feminism IS the Patriarchy.

Cunt is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 24th October 2019, 09:44 PM   #451136  /  #1078
borealis
poikilothermic
 
borealis's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Canada
[QUOTE=Cunt;451135]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by borealis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by borealis View Post



My my don't you misrepresent what I have said about Jordan Peterson.
Most of what I remember anyone saying is empty insults and false accusations.
Just a reminder, borealis, that you still had nothing substantive to say about his words, and it looks like you decided to hate him on behalf of what other people claim he said.

If you have any examples of his statements which you disagree with, you might change my mind, but I'm going to continue to assume you drank some shitty kool-aid to take in your opinion on him.
Then just assume. I am not going to force myself to listen to hours and hours of his shitty videos in order to directly quote him just to gain your grunt of approval.

I've given you links to the articles other people with more patience have written on jp, but apparently they weren't good enough.

If you seriously have any respect for my pov, here's a woman who has listened to his podcasts and includes links to everything she says about him.

https://www.macleans.ca/opinion/the-...rced-monogamy

And this: Any man who can, in any context, seriously use the words "enforced monogamy" in a sentence in which he is not condemning the idea as dystopian, is not my friend.

Peterson has weasel-worded his way around this giant red flag a dozen different ways, but there it is.
__________________
borealis is online now   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 24th October 2019, 10:26 PM   #451139  /  #1079
Cunt
Unregistered member
 
Cunt's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Circum-polar region
Quote:
Originally Posted by borealis View Post

Then just assume.
It's more than assumption now.

As to respecting your pov, I respect that you read an article from one of his detractors, and likely can't explain his position on anything important. To be explicit, by that I mean you don't understand his position, rather what others have expressed about him.

Mostly those who hate some of the things he says.
Quote:
Originally Posted by borealis View Post
I am not going to force myself to listen to hours and hours of his shitty videos in order to directly quote him just to gain your grunt of approval.
It's real simple - don't judge him if you don't know.

If you think he is wrong to say something, try getting the context yourself, rather than believing a storyteller.

If you want my grunt of approval, argue against a position he himself holds, by first demonstrating that you understand it. So far, you don't seem to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by borealis View Post

I've given you links to the articles other people with more patience have written on jp, but apparently they weren't good enough.
I don't remember any which sound like they understand his words. The criticisms about him liking the bible have been the clearest, though he doesn't seem too worrysome to me around that shit.

At least not as much as many other religiots.
Quote:
Originally Posted by borealis View Post

If you seriously have any respect for my pov, here's a woman who has listened to his podcasts and includes links to everything she says about him.

https://www.macleans.ca/opinion/the-...rced-monogamy

And this: Any man who can, in any context, seriously use the words "enforced monogamy" in a sentence in which he is not condemning the idea as dystopian, is not my friend.
Good thing you identify as a woman, because you just seriously used the words *redacted redacted* in a sentence, in which you were not condemning the idea.

By the way, do you know what it means? I understood him to be describing it as the 'marriage' systems we have, which some would not call 'dystopian'. Some even practice this 'marriage' openly, and are proud of their monogamy so much, that they will avoid even the appearance of non-sanctioned cock-play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by borealis View Post

Peterson has weasel-worded his way around this giant red flag a dozen different ways, but there it is.
Do you practice enforced monogamy/marriage in your community?

He did talk about everything she said, by the way. I heard the whole talk, rather than her selections. All I can say is that it is very different when you take in the whole context. Her view of it is obviously one where she hates him and doesn't even try to find respectful understanding.

It shows clearly when people have such strong opinions about someone they won't listen to.

Many of the things he talks about (like enforced monogamy) are simple facts about society, and hate it if you want, but he didn't invent it, is just commenting about it.

He basically says that with more men 'paired', men as a demographic are different. With more men unpaired, it seems he thinks that it's worse for society, or the men, or whatever.

I've run into a similar misunderstanding here. Let me try to walk you through it.
1. Women should be given more support in their choices.(mate, career or ?)
2. Most men would not be chosen, by women given their choice.
3. This means men (demographically) are in serious danger, from society changing to leave many more of them unpaired.

Those things can make it seem I am insensitive to some 'ladies issues'. I'm not. I think #1 is worth working on throughout. I will not, however, prioritize caring about a small wage gap, over major numbers of dead people. I won't be interested in the MMIW inquiry, as long as they ignore the people asking for attention to the (likely much more numerous) Indigenous men who have gone missing.

The 'classic male' (50's era Dad with picket fence) is gone forever. The new world will not only be WAY better, it will also be wildly different. Many men will not only have no prospects for a wife, but conditions are so good that they'll stay around anyway.

I think family men make better neighbours. Single men make more mayhem. Scale that up in a socialist paradise (like Canada) and if you can't see a problem coming, you might not be looking.

I want to highlight one of her bits here...
Quote:
If we accept not having sex as inevitably causing male violence, do we go back to the days where arguing that raping your wife should be a crime would get you laughed out of the House of Commons?
I don't think he suggested that not having sex is what is causing male violence, it's not having a marriage. This leaves people in a new, relatively unexplored lifestyle. He suggests that it is leaving many men spiraling into mental health problems including depression, rage and generally undesireable outcomes.

So you want to dispel enforced monogamy (as do MANY people) and why don't you tell ME why it is going to be good for everyone?

I have seen (as have you) the great improvements over the years, of our young women. Their 'floor' has been rising steadily. Their power to choose will (should!) increase steadily.

What do you think will and should happen to all the losers who those women will not choose?

I honestly don't know. I think keeping an eye on people for signs of loneliness, and intervening whenever I think of friendly ways (often asking to share a run, coffee or doobie) to do so. It's small, but in our new 'single life' culture, loneliness isn't just a word - it's a trigger for lots of awful effects.
__________________
---------
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-Lenny Bruce

*Caution*
Feminism IS the Patriarchy.

Cunt is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 24th October 2019, 11:56 PM   #451147  /  #1080
borealis
poikilothermic
 
borealis's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Canada
You're just gaslighting, Cunt, waving your hands and repeating 'Nothing is as it seems, you are unable to understand these simple concepts therefore you are wrong and all is well'.

Holy shit for once listen to yourself, I know you can.
__________________
borealis is online now   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 25th October 2019, 06:14 AM   #451182  /  #1081
Cunt
Unregistered member
 
Cunt's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Circum-polar region
Quote:
Originally Posted by borealis View Post
You're just gaslighting, Cunt, waving your hands and repeating 'Nothing is as it seems, you are unable to understand these simple concepts therefore you are wrong and all is well'.

Holy shit for once listen to yourself, I know you can.
You don't know anything he has said well enough to oppose it.

The quoted authors don't represent his positions well. You don't either. This means you argue against positions that aren't his.

I gave you plenty of my own words in there. If it makes you uncomfortable to discuss some of those awful issues, why not just talk about a lynx?
__________________
---------
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-Lenny Bruce

*Caution*
Feminism IS the Patriarchy.

Cunt is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 26th October 2019, 12:28 AM   #451201  /  #1082
Facetious
normal boring cunty type of woman
 
Facetious's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: it's grim up north
Maybe the reason people struggle to articulate Peterson's positions well is because he's a really crap communicator and therefore completely undeserving of the fame and fortune that has come his way.
Facetious is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 26th October 2019, 12:29 AM   #451202  /  #1083
Facetious
normal boring cunty type of woman
 
Facetious's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: it's grim up north
Though tbh, given his popularity among incels, a group he strongly advocates for, I doubt he's being misrepresented to any great extent.
Facetious is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 26th October 2019, 12:35 AM   #451204  /  #1084
Cunt
Unregistered member
 
Cunt's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Circum-polar region
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facetious View Post
Maybe the reason people struggle to articulate Peterson's positions well is because he's a really crap communicator and therefore completely undeserving of the fame and fortune that has come his way.
I think, on the evidence, his communication skills are adequate.

It's very possible that the gender theorists who oppose him, are crap at communication though. Each time I've heard him opposed, the opposition firmly insists on misrepresenting what he says.

Of course, you would never do such a thing, and would engage with the awful ideas he sometimes touches on honestly, rather than just chanting along the feminist doctrines, right?

He insisted he would use pronouns as politely as any situation called for, while rejecting government enforcement. Is his position that different from yours? Or can I insist you use 'my pronouns' from here on out?
__________________
---------
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-Lenny Bruce

*Caution*
Feminism IS the Patriarchy.

Cunt is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 26th October 2019, 12:36 AM   #451205  /  #1085
Cunt
Unregistered member
 
Cunt's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Circum-polar region
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facetious View Post
Though tbh, given his popularity among incels, a group he strongly advocates for, I doubt he's being misrepresented to any great extent.
If you really understood a loved one to be an 'involuntary celibate', would you feel spite and derision?

Or sympathy?
__________________
---------
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-Lenny Bruce

*Caution*
Feminism IS the Patriarchy.

Cunt is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 26th October 2019, 02:04 AM   #451210  /  #1086
Facetious
normal boring cunty type of woman
 
Facetious's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: it's grim up north
Nobody is entitled to sex. It's the height of narcissistic entitlement to believe you're owed a shag.
Facetious is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 26th October 2019, 06:00 PM   #451221  /  #1087
Cunt
Unregistered member
 
Cunt's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Circum-polar region
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facetious View Post
Nobody is entitled to sex. It's the height of narcissistic entitlement to believe you're owed a shag.
My friend doesn't get any. My first thought isn't about them 'not being owed one', but instead sympathy for their lack, because I enjoy that part of my life so much.

So let me get this straight - if you have a loved one who will (involuntarily) be rejected by all potential sex partners, you immediately think they aren't 'owed' one?

Does the same apply to other human desires?
__________________
---------
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-Lenny Bruce

*Caution*
Feminism IS the Patriarchy.

Cunt is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 26th October 2019, 07:38 PM   #451224  /  #1088
Facetious
normal boring cunty type of woman
 
Facetious's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: it's grim up north
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facetious View Post
Maybe the reason people struggle to articulate Peterson's positions well is because he's a really crap communicator and therefore completely undeserving of the fame and fortune that has come his way.
I think, on the evidence, his communication skills are adequate.

It's very possible that the gender theorists who oppose him, are crap at communication though. Each time I've heard him opposed, the opposition firmly insists on misrepresenting what he says.

Of course, you would never do such a thing, and would engage with the awful ideas he sometimes touches on honestly, rather than just chanting along the feminist doctrines, right?

He insisted he would use pronouns as politely as any situation called for, while rejecting government enforcement. Is his position that different from yours? Or can I insist you use 'my pronouns' from here on out?

My position has changed somewhat. I'm now cautious about using preferred pronouns and I will never use a preferred pronoun if it will mask the fact a man is behaving in a bullying and abusive way towards a woman, or that a crime has been committed by a man.



https://fairplayforwomen.com/pronouns
Facetious is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 26th October 2019, 07:43 PM   #451225  /  #1089
Facetious
normal boring cunty type of woman
 
Facetious's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: it's grim up north
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facetious View Post
Nobody is entitled to sex. It's the height of narcissistic entitlement to believe you're owed a shag.
My friend doesn't get any. My first thought isn't about them 'not being owed one', but instead sympathy for their lack, because I enjoy that part of my life so much.

So let me get this straight - if you have a loved one who will (involuntarily) be rejected by all potential sex partners, you immediately think they aren't 'owed' one?

yes


Quote:
Does the same apply to other human desires?

Not the ones necessary for human survival. People should have food, water, clothing and shelter.
Facetious is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 26th October 2019, 07:57 PM   #451227  /  #1090
Cunt
Unregistered member
 
Cunt's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Circum-polar region
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facetious View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facetious View Post
Maybe the reason people struggle to articulate Peterson's positions well is because he's a really crap communicator and therefore completely undeserving of the fame and fortune that has come his way.
I think, on the evidence, his communication skills are adequate.

It's very possible that the gender theorists who oppose him, are crap at communication though. Each time I've heard him opposed, the opposition firmly insists on misrepresenting what he says.

Of course, you would never do such a thing, and would engage with the awful ideas he sometimes touches on honestly, rather than just chanting along the feminist doctrines, right?

He insisted he would use pronouns as politely as any situation called for, while rejecting government enforcement. Is his position that different from yours? Or can I insist you use 'my pronouns' from here on out?

My position has changed somewhat. I'm now cautious about using preferred pronouns and I will never use a preferred pronoun if it will mask the fact a man is behaving in a bullying and abusive way towards a woman, or that a crime has been committed by a man.



https://fairplayforwomen.com/pronouns
Sounds like it should be 'case-by-case'. If someone can be a woman (or man) because they identify as such, your 'rule' wouldn't work well (can easily be trolled)

Case by case, which is how it always was in my circles anyway.
__________________
---------
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-Lenny Bruce

*Caution*
Feminism IS the Patriarchy.

Cunt is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 26th October 2019, 08:04 PM   #451229  /  #1091
Cunt
Unregistered member
 
Cunt's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Circum-polar region
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facetious View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facetious View Post
Nobody is entitled to sex. It's the height of narcissistic entitlement to believe you're owed a shag.
My friend doesn't get any. My first thought isn't about them 'not being owed one', but instead sympathy for their lack, because I enjoy that part of my life so much.

So let me get this straight - if you have a loved one who will (involuntarily) be rejected by all potential sex partners, you immediately think they aren't 'owed' one?

yes


Quote:
Does the same apply to other human desires?

Not the ones necessary for human survival. People should have food, water, clothing and shelter.
I've noticed sex is such a strong desire, it often overshadows most of the others. Because of this, and how much I like my sexual relationship, it is something I wish for everyone. Not enough to do it myself, mind you. Just that when someone doesn't have it in their life, I wish they would.

When someone has fucked it up so bad they can't get it, I feel sympathy. Not because they are entitled, but because it is beautiful.
__________________
---------
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-Lenny Bruce

*Caution*
Feminism IS the Patriarchy.

Cunt is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 27th October 2019, 02:10 AM   #451253  /  #1092
Facetious
normal boring cunty type of woman
 
Facetious's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: it's grim up north
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facetious View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facetious View Post
Nobody is entitled to sex. It's the height of narcissistic entitlement to believe you're owed a shag.
My friend doesn't get any. My first thought isn't about them 'not being owed one', but instead sympathy for their lack, because I enjoy that part of my life so much.

So let me get this straight - if you have a loved one who will (involuntarily) be rejected by all potential sex partners, you immediately think they aren't 'owed' one?

yes


Quote:
Does the same apply to other human desires?
Not the ones necessary for human survival. People should have food, water, clothing and shelter.
I've noticed sex is such a strong desire, it often overshadows most of the others. Because of this, and how much I like my sexual relationship, it is something I wish for everyone. Not enough to do it myself, mind you. Just that when someone doesn't have it in their life, I wish they would.

When someone has fucked it up so bad they can't get it, I feel sympathy. Not because they are entitled, but because it is beautiful.

You can simultaneously hope for the people you care about to have satisfying sex lives while at the same time understanding that nobody is entitled to sex or should expect it as their due. These are not mutually exclusive positions.
Facetious is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 27th October 2019, 06:52 AM   #451287  /  #1093
Cunt
Unregistered member
 
Cunt's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Circum-polar region
Right. I was asking if you had sympathy for 'incels', because by definition, it would be those who were celibate, but wished they weren't.

Now, if you can have regular human empathy for those monsters, can you try to imagine how life will be for them?

Should we simply start mass extermination? Or would it be better to wait and see if society will get better with heaps more incels out there?

Honestly I think giving women support to choose more is correct. I'm just willing to be more thoughtful about the results (like more uncommitted men AND women being special drains on social services)
__________________
---------
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-Lenny Bruce

*Caution*
Feminism IS the Patriarchy.

Cunt is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 29th October 2019, 12:39 AM   #451320  /  #1094
Cunt
Unregistered member
 
Cunt's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Circum-polar region
Well, Face, it looks like there is nothing below your surFACE notions. Not surprising, exactly. Sympathy isn't popular when it shines on the wrong humans.

Funny thing about that though...when you only show sympathy for the popular groups, in the popular ways, it looks less thoughtful. Less honest.
__________________
---------
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-Lenny Bruce

*Caution*
Feminism IS the Patriarchy.

Cunt is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 1st November 2019, 07:59 PM   #451429  /  #1095
Cunt
Unregistered member
 
Cunt's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Circum-polar region
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facetious View Post
Though tbh, given his popularity among incels, a group he strongly advocates for, I doubt he's being misrepresented to any great extent.
I keep going back to this, because you are HILARIOUSLY transparent.

Won't look into what he actually said, but GLAD to hold a strong opinion.

It's probably because his ideas require more than the 3-5 minutes allowed by people with 'TV' attention span.

At least I can dismiss any of your feminist-hatemongering easier now, knowing you only understand one side.

It's going to be funny when men dressed as women start outperforming women in feminist indoctrination. How long do you think it will take? Will we have a trans Prime Minister before that?
__________________
---------
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-Lenny Bruce

*Caution*
Feminism IS the Patriarchy.

Cunt is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 1st November 2019, 08:30 PM   #451433  /  #1096
Brother Daniel
bad case of gleeks
 
Brother Daniel's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: a peninsula in the North Atlantic
I was turned off JP not by what any of his detractors claimed that he was saying, but by what his fans/admirers claimed that he was saying.

Of course, they may be misrepresenting him too.

We all, all the time, make probabilistic judgements without full information. We have to. You can't get through life without doing so.

If getting the "full context" of someone's opinions requires a lot of time and effort, then you have to make some judgement in advance regarding the probability that the outcome will be worth your effort.

It looks to me like working through JP's thoughts is probably not worth the effort.
__________________
Bro D and Imp never really know each other, but they do know each other's nightmares.
Brother Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 1st November 2019, 09:12 PM   #451440  /  #1097
Cunt
Unregistered member
 
Cunt's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Circum-polar region
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Daniel View Post
It looks to me like working through JP's thoughts is probably not worth the effort.
Same for yours (or mine), but I was addressing someone who seemed a bit miffed that he had the GALL to continue with his presentations when it was clear that young men were benefiting.

Don't worry though. Facetious made it clear that males are not deserving of sympathy, no matter how bleak their situation or future.

What about you, BroD? Do you think the PLAIN FACT that most guys won't be chosen by a woman presents any problems for society?

Or is it just a bunch of whinging by neckbeard losers who couldn't get a girl if they tried?
__________________
---------
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-Lenny Bruce

*Caution*
Feminism IS the Patriarchy.

Cunt is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 2nd November 2019, 12:32 AM   #451447  /  #1098
Timewave
Senior Member
 
Timewave's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: IN MY HEAD (MOSTLY)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Daniel View Post
I was turned off JP not by what any of his detractors claimed that he was saying, but by what his fans/admirers claimed that he was saying.

Of course, they may be misrepresenting him too.

We all, all the time, make probabilistic judgements without full information. We have to. You can't get through life without doing so.

If getting the "full context" of someone's opinions requires a lot of time and effort, then you have to make some judgement in advance regarding the probability that the outcome will be worth your effort.

It looks to me like working through JP's thoughts is probably not worth the effort.
He's a christian apologist.
Thinks human sacrifice and ritual canabalism have an important message for the world today. So don't bother.

I grew up liking Jung but JP twists the Jungian concepts to what suits him.
I guess we all do, but it does not 'count' as academia when we do it.
__________________
this ol' world keeps spinning round, it's a wonder tall trees ain't laying down, comes a time.
Timewave is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 2nd November 2019, 01:19 AM   #451451  /  #1099
Cunt
Unregistered member
 
Cunt's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Circum-polar region
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timewave View Post
He's a christian apologist.
Is that enough to discount what he says?

That would be as stupid as dismissing opinions because they are espoused by atheist apologists.

Quote:
Thinks human sacrifice and ritual canabalism have an important message for the world today. So don't bother.
He has talked about sacrifice, and about it being the main difference between successful people, and those who wish they were.

Sacrifice I mean. Never heard him say that he thought sacrificing humans had an important message, though he HAS said that the lives ended by terrible circumstances have important messages for the world today.

It's hard to argue against an opinion you wouldn't clearly express though. Once again, it sounds like you want to argue against a position you think he holds.

Quote:

I grew up liking Jung but JP twists the Jungian concepts to what suits him.
I guess we all do, but it does not 'count' as academia when we do it.
Aside from dismissing christians for being christians, do you have any comment on his actual ideas? Or are you of the camp that won't listen to him, because you already learned what your opinion of him is?
__________________
---------
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-Lenny Bruce

*Caution*
Feminism IS the Patriarchy.

Cunt is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 2nd November 2019, 02:13 AM   #451455  /  #1100
Facetious
normal boring cunty type of woman
 
Facetious's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: it's grim up north
What's he saying that is so radical that we are being foolish to the extreme in not listening to him?


I have listened to him and for more than 5 minutes. He's boring and unoriginal.



Stop being personally offended because people dislike someone you like. I'm not going to lose any sleep over the fact that you like Jordan Peterson. Frankly I don't care. You have your heroes, I have mine.
Facetious is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Reply

  MindRomp Forum > General Discussion > News, Sports & Politics

Tags
get a job, north dumbfuckistan, penis penis penis

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Thread Killed By
life, death, and such ponderings.. charlou Human Endeavour 122 1st March 2016 05:38 AM
Fuck the death penalty and all who sail in her MSG News, Sports & Politics 118 30th April 2015 01:24 PM
Awareness of death in other species charlou Human Endeavour 28 25th May 2012 05:40 PM
Death of Brian Day 3 Zigmen Mafia 46 1st March 2012 11:38 PM
Death of Brian Day 2 Zigmen Mafia 423 1st March 2012 06:55 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2011-2018 MindRomp.org