Links
Portal |  Forum | Core Values | 
MindRomp Forum  

FAQ Janitors Arcade
Go Back   MindRomp Forum > General Discussion > News, Sports & Politics

News, Sports & Politics Hello, good evening, and welcome...

Old 12th November 2018, 06:27 AM   #440232  /  #5626
SR71
Get Higher Faster

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: With the Techniker
He'll probably blame Austria for sending a caravan of diseased kangaroos to Russias borders.
Old 12th November 2018, 02:52 PM   #440242  /  #5627
Imp
Inanimate bowl of pasta

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Waddle waddle
Even better that he clearly knows nothing about said conflict and figured literally anyone involved would be to blame. Top notch diplomacy there.

Except Imp
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 12th November 2018, 03:04 PM   #440243  /  #5628
ffejrxx
Networking Nut

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Minnesota
why stop at anyone involved when he can blame completely unrelated parties
ffejrxx is online now   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
Majiffy (12th November 2018), nostrum (12th November 2018), SR71 (13th November 2018)
Old 12th November 2018, 04:56 PM   #440250  /  #5629
borealis
poikilothermic

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Canada
He's still dealing with the shock of being told there are more than 15 countries in the world. I mean, he had the names of ten of them memorised, what do you people want?
Old 12th November 2018, 06:00 PM   #440256  /  #5630
Majiffy
I'll have you know I'm popular on many web forums

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Buffalo, NY
Yeah but half of them are shithole countries amirite

ʘᴥʘ
pledged my daily allegiance to Satan and pear-shaped air hockey turntable earth
Vivere diu rebellionus!

Proud propagator of the "fire for warmth" myth
Majiffy is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
SR71 (13th November 2018)
Old 13th November 2018, 06:55 AM   #440276  /  #5631
SR71
Get Higher Faster

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: With the Techniker
only the ones in antarctica where the blacks come from
Majiffy (13th November 2018), Zeluvia (13th November 2018)
Old 13th November 2018, 04:52 PM   #440277  /  #5632
ffejrxx
Networking Nut

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Minnesota
can we tell him they are white wearing tuxedos?
ffejrxx is online now   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
borealis (17th November 2018), Majiffy (13th November 2018), nostrum (13th November 2018), SR71 (13th November 2018), Zeluvia (13th November 2018)
Old 15th November 2018, 06:18 PM   #440364  /  #5633
MondoVman
Giant Member

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Southwest Atlantica
Another "The sky is falling, the sky is falling, the sky is falling" redux,
probably the 11th (it's now Nov) this year.
Old 15th November 2018, 09:59 PM   #440365  /  #5634
nostrum
too boring to be considered weird

not so much the sky is falling, more that the country is on the decline

that's how I think of it, anyway

how do you think of the USA, trajectory-wise?

[^ Mondo's, this post and following 9 posts, moved from another spot in a very un-MR-like fashion but meh times change]

Last edited by nostrum; 16th November 2018 at 11:01 PM. Reason: moooooooooved
nostrum is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
Majiffy (16th November 2018)
Old 15th November 2018, 10:37 PM   #440372  /  #5635
MondoVman
Giant Member

Seriously?

Up, up and further up. Jobs Not Mobs. Economy is up. Jobs are up. Foreign relations are vastly improved (best to ignore fake news to the contrary).

Political 'stink eye' toward America and/or American leadership is lame, weak political trolling.

Instantaneous world-reaching free speech platforms have given new powerful aire to ALL opinions, including the most insane, vile, stability-threatening and/or fantastic claims.

Meanwhile we are unanimously outraged by our cable/internet/cell phone billing. Amen.
Old 15th November 2018, 10:46 PM   #440374  /  #5636
nostrum

that's good if jobs on the up and up

but seriously, if you think foreign relations are vastly improved you are clearly within the USA 'bubble', because you have to look at how the foreigners see the relationship going. Hint: not well; the rest of world sees Trump as a moron

fake news... that you say that... good lord...please please please may none of your news sources be Fox

Last edited by nostrum; 15th November 2018 at 10:55 PM.
Yay from
borealis (17th November 2018), Majiffy (16th November 2018)
Old 16th November 2018, 01:56 PM   #440408  /  #5637
Majiffy

Yeah hey if any of you (CANADA) wants to just invade and take the northern half of the US we'd be happy to have you

ʘᴥʘ
Vivere diu rebellionus!

Old 16th November 2018, 06:07 PM   #440415  /  #5638
OmicronPersei8
Declared candidate for Best Poster 2017 of the fuckin decade

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Gib's
Quote:
Originally Posted by MondoVman View Post
Seriously?

Up, up and further up. Jobs Not Mobs. Economy is up. Jobs are up. Foreign relations are vastly improved (best to ignore fake news to the contrary).

Political 'stink eye' toward America and/or American leadership is lame, weak political trolling.

Instantaneous world-reaching free speech platforms have given new powerful aire to ALL opinions, including the most insane, vile, stability-threatening and/or fantastic claims.

Meanwhile we are unanimously outraged by our cable/internet/cell phone billing. Amen.

let me tell you how dumbfuck conservatives think, on the last day of Obama's presidency the unemployment rate was about 4.8% but conservatives could not shut their cockholes about how so many people have dropped out of the labor market that the number is skewed and should be much higher, Trump gets elected and the next day they celebrate the number.

Jerome: My mistake.

Last edited by OmicronPersei8; 16th November 2018 at 06:16 PM.
OmicronPersei8 is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
borealis (17th November 2018), Majiffy (16th November 2018), Zeluvia (16th November 2018)
Old 16th November 2018, 07:06 PM   #440424  /  #5639
Zeluvia
Send Cash or Drugs

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Evil Duckess
I am fine with all my bills. Taxes too. Internet would be cheaper if they didn't make rules to stifle competition and prevent cities from creating publicly owned networks. San Antonio used to be the Corporate Headquarters of AT&T, but they moved to Dallas, but before they left they managed to stifle bond issues about a city internet. Then Google wanted to come here, but a bunch of little lawsuits started showing up about the locations and appearance of their cabinets, so that is going very slow. Time warner had a huge office here too, but they sold out to Spectrum. So we are talking about municipal internet again !!

We already have a fiber network, and we can't use it. Thanks to that party that is in the pocket of big business because they are scared of brown people and hate gay people and think the right to life only applies to fetuses and not people on death row. Yeah, the Fox News watchers. Hi Mondo !

https://slate.com/business/2013/12/m...e-network.html

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...arent-pricing

https://www.vox.com/2016/8/10/124274...cc-chattanooga

Last edited by Zeluvia; 16th November 2018 at 07:17 PM.
Zeluvia is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
Old 16th November 2018, 07:11 PM   #440425  /  #5640
MondoVman
Giant Member

U mad, bro? "Trump gets elected and the next day they celebrate the number."

Celebrating that number was one of Trump's "new CEO moves" (as explained by Scott Adams at the time); a bit too complex for the simple minded.

Awesome that today's unemployment rate is far less than 4.8% (based on the same method/formula).

Thanks for highlighting Trump's accomplishments.
Old 16th November 2018, 07:19 PM   #440426  /  #5641
Zeluvia
Send Cash or Drugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostrum View Post
that's good if jobs on the up and up

but seriously, if you think foreign relations are vastly improved you are clearly within the USA 'bubble', because you have to look at how the foreigners see the relationship going. Hint: not well; the rest of world sees Trump as a moron

fake news... that you say that... good lord...please please please may none of your news sources be Fox

You should be able to tell by now that Mondo watches Fox.

http://www.newshounds.us

Yay from
Old 16th November 2018, 07:31 PM   #440427  /  #5642
Zeluvia
Send Cash or Drugs

Quote:

Celebrating that number was one of Trump's "new CEO moves" (as explained by Scott Adams at the time); a bit too complex for the simple minded.

Awesome that today's unemployment rate is far less than 4.8% (based on the same method/formula).

its 1.1% less. I will agree I think Trump's aggressive deportation policy probably helped lower unemployment, as did some of his attempts to repatriate corporate cash for investment in capital projects. But we still have a terrible lag in wages for that low of an unemployment number.

And, with unemployment that low, the Fed is going to be running scared of inflation, because their forumulas expect a rise in wages due to job competition. But I am very happy to start getting more interest on my savings and bonds. However, that is going to balloon the Government Debt again as T bill interest rates rise, so that will pull money out of the stock market. And by next election the Republicans will be screaming they have to cut more social programs because of the Debt.

Meanwhile, the stock market continues to shrink in size, as to number of public traded companies available for the average investor, and rise in value, based mostly on 401k's that replaced the huge Union pension funds. But that 401k money will be coming out (mine already did) at an increased rate over the next 10 years. That too is an economic problem, that has to do with our corporate overlords actually stifling competition and trying to control all markets instead of doing what good capitalists should do, regulating to increase competition.

It is also apparent we are running another housing bubble because lending practices are slip sliding again, and we have that really nasty student loan debt bubble that is just waiting to pop. I predict they will both pop in 2019 before the next election, and the Republicans will blame it on the House Democrats. However, the Powers that control those bubbles, and when they pop, are mostly the very wealthy and large investment concerns. Who are Republican. TPTB. The entire student loan debacle is just corporate welfare disguised as "helping" people, and that is what happens when you "deregulate" government programs.

Callout: Jerome !

Last edited by Zeluvia; 16th November 2018 at 07:37 PM.
Yay from
Old 16th November 2018, 07:49 PM   #440429  /  #5643
OmicronPersei8

Quote:

Looks like it was just following a trend there buddy

Yay from
Old 16th November 2018, 10:56 PM   #440442  /  #5644
nostrum

^ moved these last 11 posts from a better-by-any-measure thread because I can

I mean, TPTB just canned the Grand K

Last edited by nostrum; 16th November 2018 at 11:02 PM.
Yay from
borealis (17th November 2018), Majiffy (17th November 2018)
Old 16th November 2018, 11:46 PM   #440446  /  #5645
gib
mild mannered janitor

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: the thin one out of Laurel & Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeluvia View Post
Quote:

its 1.1% less. I will agree I think Trump's aggressive deportation policy probably helped lower unemployment, as did some of his attempts to repatriate corporate cash for investment in capital projects. But we still have a terrible lag in wages for that low of an unemployment number.

And, with unemployment that low, the Fed is going to be running scared of inflation, because their forumulas expect a rise in wages due to job competition. But I am very happy to start getting more interest on my savings and bonds. However, that is going to balloon the Government Debt again as T bill interest rates rise, so that will pull money out of the stock market. And by next election the Republicans will be screaming they have to cut more social programs because of the Debt.

Meanwhile, the stock market continues to shrink in size, as to number of public traded companies available for the average investor, and rise in value, based mostly on 401k's that replaced the huge Union pension funds. But that 401k money will be coming out (mine already did) at an increased rate over the next 10 years. That too is an economic problem, that has to do with our corporate overlords actually stifling competition and trying to control all markets instead of doing what good capitalists should do, regulating to increase competition.

It is also apparent we are running another housing bubble because lending practices are slip sliding again, and we have that really nasty student loan debt bubble that is just waiting to pop. I predict they will both pop in 2019 before the next election, and the Republicans will blame it on the House Democrats. However, the Powers that control those bubbles, and when they pop, are mostly the very wealthy and large investment concerns. Who are Republican. TPTB. The entire student loan debacle is just corporate welfare disguised as "helping" people, and that is what happens when you "deregulate" government programs.

Callout: Jerome !

Most of the things you said also apply over here and i'd hazard a guess most of the western world. I'm no Trump fan but i don't think we can blame these trends on him.

You're right about that USA bubble though, no brit i know online or off has ever said a good word about him, and i know a lot of people who vote conservative.
Old 17th November 2018, 02:06 AM   #440452  /  #5646
Prince Humperdinck

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: 'Murica
Quote:

Yes, Trump hasn't fucked up the unemployment rate that has been improving since 2009 or 2010. Bully for him. -- To be fair it is difficult to keep it low/improving once it's already fairly low.

Last edited by Prince Humperdinck; 17th November 2018 at 02:20 AM.
Prince Humperdinck is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 17th November 2018, 03:34 AM   #440457  /  #5647
MondoVman
Giant Member

My movie predicts a brighter future for America.

Others predict multiple vectors of societal upending doom and gloom.

Let's see which movie is the better predictor (ergo, the truth)
Old 17th November 2018, 03:35 AM   #440458  /  #5648
OmicronPersei8

At least your movie will die soon

Yay from
Majiffy (17th November 2018)
Old 17th November 2018, 03:38 AM   #440462  /  #5649
Majiffy

People need to knock off with holding heads of state responsible for the economy when most of that power falls in the hands of the legislature and the king corporations

ʘᴥʘ
Vivere diu rebellionus!

Old 17th November 2018, 03:40 AM   #440464  /  #5650
OmicronPersei8

Or letting cranky old whites think their idiotic opinions mean shit

Yay from
Majiffy (17th November 2018)

MindRomp Forum > General Discussion > News, Sports & Politics

Tags
dumfuckithread, facetious wins, get a job, its ok just dont let it happen again, jerome owns this gay thread, no thanks, pencil, penis, penis penis penis, purple pulsating pillar of power, purple throbbing heat seeking moisture missile, sorry about that, spruce makes sense, this thread literally dehydrates you to death