Links
Portal |  Forum | Core Values | 
MindRomp Forum  

FAQ Janitors Arcade
Go Back   MindRomp Forum > Culture, the Arts and Humanities > Human Endeavour

Human Endeavour Includes thinking really hard...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th February 2017, 07:08 AM   #385350  /  #26
Magicziggy
vandal
 
Magicziggy's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Loadsamoney
When they talk dog, they mean frisky little pup. Still over rated.
Magicziggy is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
Majiffy (28th February 2017)
Old 28th February 2017, 07:09 AM   #385351  /  #27
MSG
Ol' Zipperlaig
 
MSG's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Nyfb
I ate 'coon & terrapin when I was in Iowa many years ago, but not the Rocky Mountain oysters, never the Rocky Mountain oysters

I bet spruce eats them
__________________
spruce: apart from the weird tuft of white hair she's still a beautiful person
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 28th February 2017, 07:10 AM   #385353  /  #28
Carlsson
kitchen sink garbage disposal
 
Carlsson's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Sweden
i have this on and off thing about meat eating and morality
Carlsson is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 28th February 2017, 07:10 AM   #385354  /  #29
Carlsson
kitchen sink garbage disposal
 
Carlsson's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicziggy View Post
When they talk dog, they mean frisky little pup. Still over rated.
we get it vegan
Carlsson is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
Majiffy (28th February 2017)
Old 28th February 2017, 07:13 AM   #385357  /  #30
Majiffy
I'll have you know I'm popular on many web forums
 
Majiffy's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Buffalo, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicziggy View Post
I had dog in Flores. It's over rated.
I'm starting to think your opinions are over-rated you fucking vegan motherfucker
__________________
Herpy derpy jerfy!


ʘᴥʘ
pledged my daily allegiance to Satan and pear-shaped air hockey turntable earth
Vivere diu rebellionus!

Proud propagator of the "fire for warmth" myth
Majiffy is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 28th February 2017, 07:14 AM   #385359  /  #31
Carlsson
kitchen sink garbage disposal
 
Carlsson's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Sweden
haha
Carlsson is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
Majiffy (28th February 2017)
Old 28th February 2017, 07:15 AM   #385360  /  #32
Majiffy
I'll have you know I'm popular on many web forums
 
Majiffy's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Buffalo, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majiffy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsson View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG View Post
absolutely; I've never knowingly eaten horse but I wouldn't bat an eyelid

kangaroo, goat and camel have all become gourmet fare in this part of the world in recent years; so far the delicate flowers aren't ready for brumby but the minute it's on the menu I'm in

eta that was in reply to jerfy

what about dog?
I bet Lassie is great medium-rare with a little horseradish sauce on the side.
don't eat the organs though; google Douglas Mawson & hypervitaminosis A
Ew why would I eat organs I don't even like hot dogs.
__________________
Herpy derpy jerfy!


ʘᴥʘ
pledged my daily allegiance to Satan and pear-shaped air hockey turntable earth
Vivere diu rebellionus!

Proud propagator of the "fire for warmth" myth
Majiffy is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 28th February 2017, 07:16 AM   #385361  /  #33
Majiffy
I'll have you know I'm popular on many web forums
 
Majiffy's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Buffalo, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsson View Post
haha
__________________
Herpy derpy jerfy!


ʘᴥʘ
pledged my daily allegiance to Satan and pear-shaped air hockey turntable earth
Vivere diu rebellionus!

Proud propagator of the "fire for warmth" myth
Majiffy is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 28th February 2017, 07:17 AM   #385362  /  #34
oblivion
Asylum
 
oblivion's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Norton's Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG View Post
megathread-in-training is showing great promise since it became another food thread; ping oblivion
I'm equally pinged and squicked. Horses aren't food in my universe.
oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 28th February 2017, 07:18 AM   #385363  /  #35
MSG
Ol' Zipperlaig
 
MSG's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Nyfb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsson View Post
i have this on and off thing about meat eating and morality
I can't come at the moral argument about poor sentient beings deserving of life etc. because most of the animals we eat for meat would never have been born except we bred them to eat.

I also have no qualms about eating feral animals that don't belong in our environment, and I'm also OK with kangaroo because they are far from being endangered and in fact are probably present in the Australian environment in far greater numbers than in pre-European times because of the provision of permanent water in the Outback.

There is a valid argument about the ecological footprint of farming meat as opposed to farming plant-based foods though.

drops gauntlet; spits
__________________
spruce: apart from the weird tuft of white hair she's still a beautiful person
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
Majiffy (28th February 2017)
Old 28th February 2017, 07:19 AM   #385365  /  #36
MSG
Ol' Zipperlaig
 
MSG's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Nyfb
Quote:
Originally Posted by oblivion View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG View Post
megathread-in-training is showing great promise since it became another food thread; ping oblivion
I'm equally pinged and squicked. Horses aren't food in my universe.
lol
__________________
spruce: apart from the weird tuft of white hair she's still a beautiful person
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
Majiffy (28th February 2017)
Old 28th February 2017, 07:21 AM   #385366  /  #37
oblivion
Asylum
 
oblivion's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Norton's Empire
Horses are the source of one of my proofreading go-tos.

I'm somewhat surprised to be a sought after proofreader but I'm going with it for now, anyway.
oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 28th February 2017, 07:22 AM   #385367  /  #38
MSG
Ol' Zipperlaig
 
MSG's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Nyfb
ok, therein lies a tale
__________________
spruce: apart from the weird tuft of white hair she's still a beautiful person
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
Majiffy (28th February 2017)
Old 28th February 2017, 07:23 AM   #385369  /  #39
Majiffy
I'll have you know I'm popular on many web forums
 
Majiffy's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Buffalo, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by oblivion View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG View Post
megathread-in-training is showing great promise since it became another food thread; ping oblivion
I'm equally pinged and squicked. Horses aren't food in my universe.
But are you , snowflake?
__________________
Herpy derpy jerfy!


ʘᴥʘ
pledged my daily allegiance to Satan and pear-shaped air hockey turntable earth
Vivere diu rebellionus!

Proud propagator of the "fire for warmth" myth
Majiffy is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 28th February 2017, 07:24 AM   #385370  /  #40
Majiffy
I'll have you know I'm popular on many web forums
 
Majiffy's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Buffalo, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG View Post
ok, therein lies a tale
Pass the jerkeyed equine
__________________
Herpy derpy jerfy!


ʘᴥʘ
pledged my daily allegiance to Satan and pear-shaped air hockey turntable earth
Vivere diu rebellionus!

Proud propagator of the "fire for warmth" myth
Majiffy is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 28th February 2017, 07:28 AM   #385373  /  #41
MSG
Ol' Zipperlaig
 
MSG's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Nyfb
there's plenty for everyone
__________________
spruce: apart from the weird tuft of white hair she's still a beautiful person
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
Majiffy (28th February 2017)
Old 28th February 2017, 07:30 AM   #385374  /  #42
oblivion
Asylum
 
oblivion's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Norton's Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG View Post
ok, therein lies a tale

"free reign".

I have 2 100k word novels to proofread during the next couple of weeks.

Prior to this I've been a beta reader, but I catch stuff that proofreaders miss, so I've self-promoted myself to proofreader.

The self-publishing community is an interesting bunch of individuals, with various levels of actual expertise, and various levels of self-judged expertise in all the tasks involved in getting a finished novel published and beyond.

I'm highly valued among the handful of writers who have engaged me to look at their words.

Last edited by oblivion; 28th February 2017 at 07:16 PM.
oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
borealis (28th February 2017), Majiffy (28th February 2017)
Old 28th February 2017, 07:31 AM   #385375  /  #43
MSG
Ol' Zipperlaig
 
MSG's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Nyfb
noted for when the great unfinished masterpiece is finished

you're not 1 of those horsey types are you
__________________
spruce: apart from the weird tuft of white hair she's still a beautiful person
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
Majiffy (28th February 2017)
Old 28th February 2017, 07:33 AM   #385376  /  #44
oblivion
Asylum
 
oblivion's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Norton's Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG View Post
noted for when the great unfinished masterpiece is finished

you're not 1 of those horsey types are you
I was, once upon a time. At least to enough extent to know that "free reign" is a dumb thing that no horseperson would write.
oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
Majiffy (28th February 2017)
Old 28th February 2017, 07:34 AM   #385377  /  #45
MSG
Ol' Zipperlaig
 
MSG's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Nyfb
have you read the Earth's Children series?
__________________
spruce: apart from the weird tuft of white hair she's still a beautiful person
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 28th February 2017, 07:34 AM   #385378  /  #46
MondoVman
Giant Member
 
MondoVman's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Southwest Atlantica
Quote:
Originally Posted by oblivion View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG View Post
ok, therein lies a tale

"free reign".

I have 2 100k word novels to proofread during the next couple of weeks.

Prior to this I've been a beta reader, but I catch stuff that proofreaders miss, so I've self-promoted myself to proofreader.

The self-publishing community is an interesting bunch of individuals, with various levels of actual expertise, and various levels of self-judged espertise in all the tasks involved in getting a finished novel published and beyond.

I'm highly valued among the handful of writers who have engaged me to look at their words.
Lol, "espertise". hahaha
__________________
Never see them let you sweat!
Online dating is less painful than playing mafia.
MondoVman is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
Majiffy (28th February 2017)
Old 28th February 2017, 07:35 AM   #385379  /  #47
oblivion
Asylum
 
oblivion's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Norton's Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG View Post
have you read the Earth's Children series?
I read as far as the Mammoth Hunters. Maybe one beyond that. Even for me, an inveterate word-eater, the content-to-paragraph ratio was problematic.
oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 28th February 2017, 07:39 AM   #385380  /  #48
MSG
Ol' Zipperlaig
 
MSG's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Nyfb
yeah, I wouldn't bother reading past that 1; the fourth was bad and the fifth was, in TR terminology, legitimately terrible

but like the Imperatrix, the sun goddess-in-training was also squick about horse meat owing to her attachment to Whinney
__________________
spruce: apart from the weird tuft of white hair she's still a beautiful person
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
Majiffy (28th February 2017), oblivion (28th February 2017)
Old 28th February 2017, 07:39 AM   #385381  /  #49
Carlsson
kitchen sink garbage disposal
 
Carlsson's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsson View Post
i have this on and off thing about meat eating and morality
I can't come at the moral argument about poor sentient beings deserving of life etc. because most of the animals we eat for meat would never have been born except we bred them to eat.

I also have no qualms about eating feral animals that don't belong in our environment, and I'm also OK with kangaroo because they are far from being endangered and in fact are probably present in the Australian environment in far greater numbers than in pre-European times because of the provision of permanent water in the Outback.

There is a valid argument about the ecological footprint of farming meat as opposed to farming plant-based foods though.

drops gauntlet; spits
starts retort with gloveslapping the good sir from the southern hemisphere

your standpoint on not seperating which animals we eat because emotional ties seems far superior in mind than the opposite.

i am a meat eater and have been all my life

i dont really support your argument about "we breed them so then we can consume them", if anything i have a problem with the meat factories. free roaming stuff from small farms that have lived a better life is easier for me to swallow.
Carlsson is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 28th February 2017, 07:40 AM   #385382  /  #50
Majiffy
I'll have you know I'm popular on many web forums
 
Majiffy's Avatar
 

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Buffalo, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by MondoVman View Post
Lol, "espertise". hahaha
__________________
Herpy derpy jerfy!


ʘᴥʘ
pledged my daily allegiance to Satan and pear-shaped air hockey turntable earth
Vivere diu rebellionus!

Proud propagator of the "fire for warmth" myth
Majiffy is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Reply

  MindRomp Forum > Culture, the Arts and Humanities > Human Endeavour

Tags
get a job, penis, thread destined for the knacker's yard

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2011-2018 MindRomp.org