Links
Portal |  Forum | Core Values | 
MindRomp Forum  

FAQ Janitors Arcade
Go Back   MindRomp Forum > General Discussion > News, Sports & Politics

News, Sports & Politics Hello, good evening, and welcome...

Old 20th April 2019, 06:09 PM   #447216  /  #1
Cunt
Unregistered member

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Circum-polar region
Oh look - women are as nasty in relationships as anyone else

https://torontosun.com/opinion/colum...estic-violence

Quote:
Three Canadian sociologists have released a ground-breaking report in the journal Partner Abuse that fundamentally contradicts conventional wisdom on domestic violence.

These researchers accessed raw data from the 2014 General Social Survey, a massive population survey regularly conducted by Statistics Canada to assess the extent of social problems in the country. What they found undermines the gender paradigm that portrays domestic violence as exclusively a manifestation of male domination over women.

On the contrary, men were found to be as likely as women to experience domestic abuse. Even more surprising, men were just as likely to suffer severe forms of violence like being hit or kicked. And most significant of all, men and women were found to suffer similar long-term mental health effects, including PTSD.
So I know people think I'm the devil because I openly say feminism is fucking stupid and inhuman, but it looks like the data is leaking out anyway.

Of course, plenty of people who don't know the tragic story of the man who opened the Calgary mens shelter, will just say men have to start their own shelters, or something.

It's time we stop gendering violence and pretending it only belongs to one gender. If you are a feminist, I hope you take the time to re-educate yourself on domestic violence. You have been lied to very regularly.

Or you could white-knight, and leap to the defense of the 'poor women', who can't be expected to thrive if treated fairly by police, courts or the media...

*Caution*
Feminism IS the Patriarchy.

Cunt is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 20th April 2019, 07:01 PM   #447219  /  #2
borealis
poikilothermic

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Canada
https://www.statista.com/statistics/...by-sex-canada
Old 20th April 2019, 07:36 PM   #447220  /  #3
Cunt
Unregistered member

Quote:
Originally Posted by borealis View Post
Are you trying to make a point, by avoiding commenting on how damaging feminism has been to the public perception of the realities of domestic violence?

The article suggests that more shelters are needed for male victims, and you respond by showing that their identity group (males) is more likely to murder?

What are you trying to say? We should blame victims of domestic violence because of the actions of some in their identity group? I don't follow, unless this is some dark humour and I missed it...

*Caution*

Old 21st April 2019, 02:27 AM   #447255  /  #4
MondoVman
Giant Member

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Southwest Atlantica
Canada's 2018 population was 37 million, so an estimated 37 men and 137 women were murdered in 2016.

Meh!
Old 21st April 2019, 05:26 AM   #447287  /  #5
Cunt
Unregistered member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MondoVman View Post
Canada's 2018 population was 37 million, so an estimated 37 men and 137 women were murdered in 2016.

Meh!
We'll get those numbers up, one way or another, you wait and see, MondoVman!!!

*Caution*

Old 21st April 2019, 02:51 PM   #447307  /  #6
ffejrxx
Networking Nut

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Minnesota
even female chromosome are killing damaging to males

http://theconversation.com/the-y-chr...n-to-men-90125
ffejrxx is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
Zeluvia (21st April 2019)
Old 22nd April 2019, 04:48 PM   #447323  /  #7
borealis
poikilothermic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunt View Post
Quote:
Are you trying to make a point, by avoiding commenting on how damaging feminism has been to the public perception of the realities of domestic violence?

The article suggests that more shelters are needed for male victims, and you respond by showing that their identity group (males) is more likely to murder?

What are you trying to say? We should blame victims of domestic violence because of the actions of some in their identity group? I don't follow, unless this is some dark humour and I missed it...
I think you have trouble realising that very few people think your OP is a revelation, or that 'feminists' as a definable historic group don't know these facts, or don't understand the nuances of these facts.

I think you've missed the forty or fifty years worth of feminists trying to get men and women to recognise that patriarchy and toxic masculinity and suppression of emotion in boys and many other maltreatments of boys have been for centuries the dreadful sacrifice made to maintain global male supremacy, to maintain the social and economic order that most benefits powerful men.

The way men treat each other is the biggest problem for men. Men beat and kill and exploit other men in far greater numbers than they or women beat or kill women, men kill other men far more often than men kill women. Bottom line - a woman slaps a male partner around, a man puts a woman partner in the hospital, and that is considered equivalent in these DV studies you cite. A woman leaves a man, a man kills a woman. Men (and women who've absorbed and adhere to patriarchal 'norms' - iow, not feminists) let other men know that it is weak to admit you are being abused, to cry or seek help if you're hurt or in need. Men call men who show 'weakness' 'pussies, fags, manginas, girly', invoking the 'women are weak and worthless' meme to shame them.

Fix yourselves. Women can't do it for you, though we can help. Quit being ashamed of your weaknesses. Quit shaming men who are abused. Help them. Lobby for shelters, for therapy, for housing for homeless boys and men. Put in the kind of work and thought and action women have to make changes. Enlist sympathetic women allies but don't make them do all the tedious grunt work and housekeeping that is necessary for any movement.

This is not new woman-blaming shit from you. I remember talking to you about shelters for men before. All you got is that this or that initiative failed or wasn't well supported, or some women didn't help, etc.

I fully expect you'll try to nitpick around this post and/or toss around some anecdotes about awful unfeeling brutal manipulative women you've encountered. Won't change the overarching realities of the culture.
Old 22nd April 2019, 05:03 PM   #447325  /  #8
Cunt
Unregistered member

Quote:

I think you have trouble realising that very few people think your OP is a revelation, or that 'feminists' as a definable historic group don't know these facts, or don't understand the nuances of these facts.
Weird there aren't any mens shelters then...it's almost like no-one cares about them. How could that be, with so many caring feminists aware that lots of men need access to DV shelters...?
Quote:
I think you've missed the forty or fifty years worth of feminists trying to get men and women to recognise that patriarchy and toxic masculinity and suppression of emotion in boys and many other maltreatments of boys have been for centuries the dreadful sacrifice made to maintain global male supremacy, to maintain the social and economic order that most benefits powerful men.
For that period of time, the largest, and in many cases SOLE influence on males is female. Up until middle school, their Moms and female teachers are their main influence.

It's almost like toxic masculinity is being blamed for what could be described as a lack of masculinity.
Quote:
The way men treat each other is the biggest problem for men. Men beat and kill and exploit other men in far greater numbers than they or women beat or kill women, men kill other men far more often than men kill women. Bottom line - a woman slaps a male partner around, a man puts a woman partner in the hospital, and that is considered equivalent in these DV studies you cite. A woman leaves a man, a man kills a woman. Men (and women who've absorbed and adhere to patriarchal 'norms' - iow, not feminists) let other men know that it is weak to admit you are being abused, to cry or seek help if you're hurt or in need. Men call men who show 'weakness' 'pussies, fags, manginas, girly', invoking the 'women are weak and worthless' meme to shame them.
So because of the actions of some of this identity group (men) you think it's ok to deny them access to shelter from violent spouses?

Weird.

Quote:
Fix yourselves. Women can't do it for you, though we can help. Quit being ashamed of your weaknesses. Quit shaming men who are abused. Help them. Lobby for shelters, for therapy, for housing for homeless boys and men. Put in the kind of work and thought and action women have to make changes. Enlist sympathetic women allies but don't make them do all the tedious grunt work and housekeeping that is necessary for any movement.
If you knew the Silverberg story, you would know what he was up against, and would see how vile this bit of prose is.

In short, he started a shelter, failed endlessly to get funding (due to opposition from an information-controlling org known as 'the Status of Women' or something) and even tried HARD to get arrested, in order to have the facts brought out. Failed at that, too.

He hung himself in the garage at the end.

Quote:
This is not new woman-blaming shit from you. I remember talking to you about shelters for men before. All you got is that this or that initiative failed or wasn't well supported, or some women didn't help, etc.
You don't know the story because you don't care. You could explain why there are so few supports for men who are fleeing violent partners, but you don't care.

Quote:

I fully expect you'll try to nitpick around this post and/or toss around some anecdotes about awful unfeeling brutal manipulative women you've encountered. Won't change the overarching realities of the culture.
CAFE is the first organization I know of to receive funding to support male victims of domestic violence. In 2019.

Why not listen to some of the real experts, instead of your 'feminist radio' experts, to learn a bit more about the 'other side'? Have you listened to Erin Pizzie, who started the first DV shelter in England? Warren Farrell?

Or would you just dismiss the ideas because I share them, and you think I must be crazy?

It's not crazy, borealis, except that lots of people actually still think the feminist-logic is true.

I mean, you even made some claim about women not being weaker. They ARE. In every measurable way, so you should consider how wrong you might be about the other casual ways you speak.

And give it a bit more rigour than just dismissing it because you don't like the flavour of the ideas.

Or just keep shitposting without looking into the info. That's cool too.

*Caution*

Old 22nd April 2019, 05:09 PM   #447326  /  #9
Cunt
Unregistered member

to add, I can't listen to videos right now, but this might be the one where GirlWritesWhat describes what happened to Earl Silverman.

I mean, if you want to know about it. If you just want to pop in to insist that men should be blamed because of the identity group they are in, that's ok too. I just don't agree.

*Caution*

Old 22nd April 2019, 06:24 PM   #447327  /  #10
borealis
poikilothermic

Sometimes I think you and I don't share a language.

Why didn't male politicians support Silverman's shelter?
Why didn't men financially support Silverman?
Why didn't all the men who claimed to support him donate enough to support him?
Why didn't all the male CEOS of corporations financially support him?
Why didn't the very large MRA communities of reddit et al offer financial support?
Why has there been little attention paid to the government financial support Silverman's clients were in fact given?

Why did Maria David-Evans say this:

“Mr. Silverman appears incapable of coherent and rational problem solving with government or community partners,” Maria David-Evans, the exasperated deputy minister of Alberta Children’s Services wrote in a formal response to one of his suits. “This is clearly not because of discrimination or gender bias … but is based on the illogical, unjustifiable and unreasonable ideology needed to communicate his views about misandry conspiracies that he has come to believe.”

Why is the default mode for MRAs to blame women and feminism and misandrist conspiracy theories for the problems of men when men control most of the powerful positions in politics, government, corporations, finance, et al globally? Why don't men support men? Men have the power, the money, and presumably the compassion to support men who need help. Why don't they, except in too small numbers?

Is it because it's easier to spit fury at women?

Through discussing this with you, Cunt. You make wild accusations, continually demean women, and seem incapable of examining your own motivations or your own knowledge, preferring to attack rather than comprehend.
Old 23rd April 2019, 02:04 AM   #447331  /  #11
Cunt
Unregistered member

Quote:
Sometimes I think you and I don't share a language.

Why didn't male politicians support Silverman's shelter?
Why didn't men financially support Silverman?
Why didn't all the men who claimed to support him donate enough to support him?
Why didn't all the male CEOS of corporations financially support him?
Why didn't the very large MRA communities of reddit et al offer financial support?
Why has there been little attention paid to the government financial support Silverman's clients were in fact given?

Why did Maria David-Evans say this:

“Mr. Silverman appears incapable of coherent and rational problem solving with government or community partners,” Maria David-Evans, the exasperated deputy minister of Alberta Children’s Services wrote in a formal response to one of his suits. “This is clearly not because of discrimination or gender bias … but is based on the illogical, unjustifiable and unreasonable ideology needed to communicate his views about misandry conspiracies that he has come to believe.”

Why is the default mode for MRAs to blame women and feminism and misandrist conspiracy theories for the problems of men when men control most of the powerful positions in politics, government, corporations, finance, et al globally? Why don't men support men? Men have the power, the money, and presumably the compassion to support men who need help. Why don't they, except in too small numbers?

Is it because it's easier to spit fury at women?

Through discussing this with you, Cunt. You make wild accusations, continually demean women, and seem incapable of examining your own motivations or your own knowledge, preferring to attack rather than comprehend.
His detractors are a great place to get information about him.

I don't blame you for leaving this discussion. So far, all you have done is blame men for the problems men have, while pretending that the men don't need support when encountering domestic abuse.

Because they are men.

good job, borealis! You confirmed your bias, and still haven't considered why it was so hard for him to even get charged with a crime, so he could get this information before a court.

And there are still no domestic violence shelters needed for men and their children, because you think women are too incompetent to abuse people, or something.

Or that men should take care of themselves.

Go on ignoring Erin Pizzie, Warren Farrell and the other experts who speak rationally about it. It obviously isn't important...it's a mens issue.

*Caution*

Old 23rd April 2019, 04:38 PM   #447334  /  #12
Brother Daniel
bad case of gleeks

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: a peninsula in the North Atlantic
Quote:
while pretending that the men don't need support when encountering domestic abuse.
Why do you have to flat-out lie about what other people are saying?
Old 23rd April 2019, 05:08 PM   #447335  /  #13
Cunt
Unregistered member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Daniel View Post
Quote:
while pretending that the men don't need support when encountering domestic abuse.
Why do you have to flat-out lie about what other people are saying?
It's not a lie - it's what her position looks like from here.

But I get it. I'm not being fair to her.

Is it just barely possible, she isn't being fair either?

Lets leave that aside though, because she admitted she can't discuss this with me.

Do you disagree with something in the article? I mean, I understand I'm a bit of a dick, and disorganized, but there are plenty of facts to choose from.

Like, for instance, why has there only been one mens DV shelter in Canada, and the only person who ever did try to start one, is treated this way by borealis?

I mean, she is FUCKING LOVELY. I mean that, so why would someone like that, go out of her way to find information from the suicide victims' detractors?

Instead of looking at the issue of why there haven't been any other shelters, I mean.

My guess is that she has fought for equality for so long (on behalf of women) that she can't tell where it doesn't need to be fought anymore.

I'm an easy target, but Pizzie, Farrell and Peterson are not. Every attack on the latter, which I have heard, turns out to be against things he didn't say...

But go look up the opinions of their detractors as well. I think we can't NOT have our bias. I just hope to try to see where I'm wrong, as no matter how wrong you or anyone else is, it won't help me as much.

*Caution*

Old 24th April 2019, 04:05 PM   #447341  /  #14
Facetious
normal boring cunty type of woman

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: it's grim up north
Does the survey include rape as a form of domestic abuse?

How many men are killed by their female partners compared to women by male partners?
Facetious is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 24th April 2019, 04:36 PM   #447342  /  #15
Cunt
Unregistered member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facetious View Post
Does the survey include rape as a form of domestic abuse?

How many men are killed by their female partners compared to women by male partners?
It's hard to tell if you are joking or haven't read the article.

Quote:
The trouble with this common justification that a gender lens is needed to keep women safe is that it actually accomplishes the opposite. That is because the most common form of domestic violence is bilateral violence perpetrated by mutually violent couples, and this is precisely the scenario in which women are most likely to be injured. Mutual violence can escalate over time and results in a higher likelihood of greater injury. When we stop ignoring male victims, we may find more opportunities to block the escalation of violence, reducing the chance that a woman – or anyone – will be injured.
So the info you asked for WAS summarized in the article, and the research (if you are interested in questions) was also linked.

I say that there needs to be more DV shelters for men, with funding sufficient to meet the needs of all the men and families.

Not much different than my stance about women's shelters, as a matter of fact.

Seems to piss some folks off though. Can't imagine why, unless they take that political stance very personally.

Aside - surveys regularly find about 20% of people identify as feminists, but so very, very few people ever say so out loud.

I think it makes feminists think that everyone agrees with them, when really it is simply that most people don't dare start the conversation.

*Caution*

Old 25th April 2019, 10:15 PM   #447371  /  #16
Facetious
normal boring cunty type of woman

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: it's grim up north
I see nothing about sexual violence in the article. Previous studies which seem to show that men and women are equally violent have failed to include sexual violence.
Facetious is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 25th April 2019, 11:16 PM   #447374  /  #17
Cunt
Unregistered member

What's the point, Facetious? Are you trying to suggest that people should be denied access to domestic violence shelters because of their identity group?

*Caution*

Old 26th April 2019, 11:04 PM   #447394  /  #18
Jerome
Life is just a bowl of cherries

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Pleasant Living
The True Believers will never escape the world of tribes they have created, otherwise they will have to take responsibility for the nasty action they have taken in their own lives' against individuals in the name of those tribes.
Old 26th April 2019, 11:07 PM   #447395  /  #19
Jerome
Life is just a bowl of cherries

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Pleasant Living
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facetious View Post

^^^ See, auto trying to put individual people into groups so as to not have to concern oneself with the individuals.

Bit of a cunt, aren't you? Keep sucking Satan's cock, that shit is sure working well for humanity.
Old 26th April 2019, 11:11 PM   #447396  /  #20
Cunt
Unregistered member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
The True Believers will never escape the world of tribes they have created, otherwise they will have to take responsibility for the nasty action they have taken in their own lives' against individuals in the name of those tribes.
Same to you, asshole.

I don't believe in a sky-fairy, so HAVE to take responsibility for my nasty works.

Or I could blame you...hmmm....

*Caution*

Old 27th April 2019, 06:58 AM   #447420  /  #21
Mantisdreamz
corridors, refectories and files

oh hai Jerome, being your normal pleasant self, I see
Mantisdreamz is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
MondoVman (27th April 2019)
Old 27th April 2019, 07:16 AM   #447422  /  #22