Links
Portal |  Forum | Core Values | 
MindRomp Forum  

FAQ Janitors Arcade
Go Back   MindRomp Forum > General Discussion > Science and Information Technology

Science and Information Technology "Hello World"

Old 5th July 2020, 11:40 PM   #460534  /  #2976
Brother Daniel
bad case of gleeks

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: a peninsula in the North Atlantic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Daniel View Post
Was allegedly 16 C this evening, so of course TG and I went swimming in the nearest lake. The water was nice.
Same tonight, except only 14 C.
Old Yesterday, 12:02 AM   #460536  /  #2977
Prince Humperdinck

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: 'Murica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantisdreamz View Post
It was an issue with the circuit board. Heh.. I said control panel. I meant, the circuit board. So ya, it just went kaput, essentially.
Can you buy just the board and replace it yourself?

Quote:
A new one costs $4,900. I think I can go without it.
Seems awfully pricey. How many BTUs? Mini-splits at Home Depot start under $1K USD. I just installed a 18000BTU window unit for my step daugther that cost $650.

Last edited by Prince Humperdinck; Yesterday at 12:04 AM.
Prince Humperdinck is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old Today, 05:47 AM   #460545  /  #2978
Mantisdreamz
corridors, refectories and files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Humperdinck View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantisdreamz View Post
It was an issue with the circuit board. Heh.. I said control panel. I meant, the circuit board. So ya, it just went kaput, essentially.
Can you buy just the board and replace it yourself?

Quote:
A new one costs $4,900. I think I can go without it.
Seems awfully pricey. How many BTUs? Mini-splits at Home Depot start under $1K USD. I just installed a 18000BTU window unit for my step daugther that cost $650.
Really? Because that's the quote he gave me for an 18,000 BTU Panasonic one. That's with the installation, and de-installation as well. There was one brand that he quoted as well, called Zephyr, and that would be $3,500.

He told me that the machine is too old and that he likely won't be able to find the part for it - that they would all be discontinued.

But , I could definitely look myself to see. He was pretty 100% on the fact that he wouldn't be able to get that part. But, I suppose you never know.
Mantisdreamz is online now   Reply With Quote topbottom

MindRomp Forum > General Discussion > Science and Information Technology

Tags
a berm!!11!!!11!11, chas n dave enter thread and decide to do one, climate change lol, female squeeze-out theory, flat earth, guys. no., innumerate and proud of it, itt coldies fight warmies, jerome is killing my forum enjoyment, jerome owns this gay thread, jfc zippy, manny the mammoth, msg has a point /notmsg, neil armstrong = omg aliens return, penis, perspective...the way the human eye works, puffary, raccoons and shovels, rubber ducky you make bathtime fun, the and of = 3 words, the and of = two words, this is not a drill, venn diagram needed itt, what fresh hell is this, yet another jerome-owned thread *sigh*