Links
Portal |  Forum | Core Values | 
MindRomp Forum  

FAQ Janitors Arcade
Go Back   MindRomp Forum > Culture, the Arts and Humanities > Lifestyle and Entertainment

Lifestyle and Entertainment I am not bovvered

Old 26th September 2018, 06:32 AM   #437987  /  #101
Mantisdreamz
corridors, refectories and files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeluvia View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunt View Post
Women are wired to dislike winning.

Women are wired to like winners.

Weird world, huh?
In our deep old animal instincts females are looking for indicators of status in a mate, and to compete with other females for the highest status mate available. But it's a confusing mess where upbringing and social status and culture of the female's parents and TV commercials and Kardashians influence what each individual female interprets as "status" and overlays on the remnants of the instinct.
(The entire Fashion industry depends on this ancient need to establish status and attract mates, you would think we would have gotten over it by now)
Have you seen this... kind of trickery on part of the smaller male cuttlefish. (cunning vs strength). This is just one example - but I think, even with age old instinct - smarts vs brute strength go a ways as well.
Spoiler

Quote:
The same deep old instincts tell males to compete with each other for status, with almost as much overlaying confusion about what exactly "status" is. Males however are more likely to want tangible indicators of status, whereas females will consider "intangible" status indicators on occasion. They may have another newer instinct, more primate than mammal, that may tell them to group up to defend territory and females from outside groups. This is still in research, but several species of primate, notably chimps, macaques, and baboons seem to practice this kind of male grouping and warmaking. (This of course explains everything from sports to war to racism)
but in birds, that's not the case.
Spoiler

also, bonabo's have no hierarchy
Spoiler

Quote:
Women aren't "wired" to dislike winning.
Ya, this is not true. Well, especially as of now. This doesn't apply to us now. There is a thing that maybe some females may have a larger does of empathy, than a general pop. of males. But that's not even always the case. But that might drive some females to not care so much.

Quote:
There is no old instinct that governs that behavior. We aren't DRIVEN to win like men, so we don't care as much about winning in every competition.
Ya

Quote:
The rational, thought through, and intelligent thing doesn't have to "feel" right. Feelings are bullshit, they stem from the lowest of animal motivations, and yet our society glorifies them. I think we glorify them because religion, power, advertising, consumption, ect are based on appealing to instinct.
No. Feelings are the body's triggers to HOW the higher thought/ more conscious thought, should behave. For instance, when you get a bad feeling about something - that is your body's emotional brain (the limbic system) telling you how YOU should feel in certain circumstances. Yes - it over reacts sometimes, and there is miscommunication - when ie. it tells you to be paranoid of something, when, in reality there is no need for that. But that's why we have the conscious brain/logical brain - frontal lobe, to counteract that - and tell our emotional brain - that it is not necessary to get overly paranoid about some things.

So the emotional brain acts like an overprotective mother. And the logical brain tells us, it's okay - and works through the reasoning.

These parts of the brain work together. So you CAN tell the emotional part of the brain (limbic system - mygdala, hippocampus, thalamus, hypothalamus, basal ganglia, and cingulate gyrus) (had to go to wiki). to chill out and relax.

I think they work together.

But it's important to NOT ignore what your emotional part of your brain is saying - and listen to cues - on what you feel comfortable with, and what you do not. This is what your "gut instinct is". And ya - sometimes, if can be wrong and over reactive. But you can't ignore it.

..if you ignore it, you will wind up with a smile plastered on your face in situations that you hate - but ones that you 'logically' think that you should like. And then you will be fake.
Mantisdreamz is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 26th September 2018, 06:49 AM   #437989  /  #102
Mantisdreamz

Do you know how many people do this? We all do this.

We think that we should act and respond in a certain way - but one that actually goes against what we REALLY feel - and then we come across as disingenuous or dishonest to how we really FEEL about things.

I have a mom's forum that I am on... and the amount of "lmao" "crying with tears" over something so blah.. is so prevalent... that it's so off putting. Because it's fake. But they do it, because they think that that is what the appropriate response is.
Old 26th September 2018, 04:20 PM   #438007  /  #103
Cunt
Unregistered member

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Circum-polar region
There have always been fakers, but it doesn't mean they are actually the opposite sex, it just means they pretend they are the opposite sex.

Just like pretending you are African won't darken your skin and hair, pretending you are a woman won't make you a woman.

'Trans' genders don't exist, just people pretending they are something unique and special (they aren't).

Here is a great example of how important it is, to people outside the sufferers delusion:
How can you tell the difference between someone who is genuinely trans, and someone who is pretending to be?

It sure looks like a personal matter to me. Not something anyone (outside of intimate friends) needs to know. Or, in most cases, wants to know.

*Caution*
Feminism IS the Patriarchy.

Cunt is online now   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 26th September 2018, 07:48 PM   #438019  /  #104
Zeluvia
Send Cash or Drugs

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Evil Duckess
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantisdreamz View Post

We think that we should act and respond in a certain way - but one that actually goes against what we REALLY feel - and then we come across as disingenuous or dishonest to how we really FEEL about things.

I have a mom's forum that I am on... and the amount of "lmao" "crying with tears" over something so blah.. is so prevalent... that it's so off putting. Because it's fake. But they do it, because they think that that is what the appropriate response is.

I think there is fine distinction here. What you describe isn't going AGAINST how you really feel, it is FAKING a feeling you think you are expected to have when you couldn't care less. But FAKING it makes you feel better.

And I think that FAKING a feeling to be socially acceptable is probably instinct ; )

Zeluvia is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 27th September 2018, 12:52 AM   #438038  /  #105
gib
mild mannered janitor

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: the thin one out of Laurel & Hardy
Quote:
And I think that FAKING a feeling to be socially acceptable is probably instinct ; )

What about pretending to like customers while suppressing the urge to say 'Oh, just fuck off'? Feels more like hard work than hardwired to me.
MondoVman (27th September 2018), nostrum (27th September 2018), OmicronPersei8 (27th September 2018), Zeluvia (27th September 2018)
Old 27th September 2018, 02:09 AM   #438040  /  #106
Jerome
Life is just a bowl of cherries

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Pleasant Living
Mantis, your premise is false, humans are not animals.

Evolution is just another in a long list of excuses to eat the fruit so that you can make your own rules as your selfish desires see fit. Its the first lie.
Old 27th September 2018, 02:12 AM   #438041  /  #107
Jerome
Life is just a bowl of cherries

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Pleasant Living
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunt View Post
'Trans' genders don't exist, just people pretending they are something unique and special (they aren't).

Well, its become fashionable, like homosexuality. There are those with severe mental problems that are being given the poison that will kill them instead of the medicine which could help them.
Old 27th September 2018, 02:28 AM   #438043  /  #108
Zeluvia
Send Cash or Drugs

You are fashionably late to the thread Jerome!

Yay from
Majiffy (27th September 2018)
Old 27th September 2018, 03:03 AM   #438044  /  #109
OmicronPersei8
Declared candidate for Best Poster 2017 of the fuckin decade

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Gib's
Not even entertaining anymore

Jerome: My mistake.
OmicronPersei8 is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 29th September 2018, 07:42 AM   #438080  /  #110
Mantisdreamz

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantisdreamz View Post

I think there is fine distinction here. What you describe isn't going AGAINST how you really feel, it is FAKING a feeling you think you are expected to have when you couldn't care less. But FAKING it makes you feel better.

that's interesting. Ya, I guess you wouldn't have to be going against anything - if you just felt null on it..

You'd still create the emotion based on being socially acceptable. So it's still a bit of faking there.

But ya I guess, the need for being socially accepted (in general, with ppl) - is an honest and instinctual need... so, molding into that by faking it a little.... is.... ?

How would you describe that?
Old 29th September 2018, 07:45 AM   #438081  /  #111
Mantisdreamz

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmicronPersei8 View Post
Not even entertaining anymore
I pretty much always just think that Jerome is joking. He has to be.. right?
Old 29th September 2018, 03:24 PM   #438091  /  #112
Majiffy
I'll have you know I'm popular on many web forums

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Buffalo, NY

ʘᴥʘ
pledged my daily allegiance to Satan and pear-shaped air hockey turntable earth
Vivere diu rebellionus!

Proud propagator of the "fire for warmth" myth
Majiffy is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
nostrum (29th September 2018)
Old 29th September 2018, 04:06 PM   #438095  /  #113
Imp
Inanimate bowl of pasta

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Waddle waddle
There's never been a jerome. It's just daphne getting high.

Except Imp
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
Majiffy (30th September 2018)
Old 29th September 2018, 06:28 PM   #438097  /  #114
Cunt
Unregistered member

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Circum-polar region
Jerome is trans - he identifies as not an animal.

*Caution*
Feminism IS the Patriarchy.

Cunt is online now   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
borealis (6th October 2018), Majiffy (30th September 2018)
Old 6th October 2018, 11:46 AM   #438361  /  #115
Facetious
normal boring cunty type of woman

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: it's grim up north
https://www.rt.com/sport/440416-us-s...mpression=true

I had a conversation with a trans ally last week about sports. They didn't believe that being male would give one a physical advantage over most females. It would be unfair to discriminate against biological males competing against females in the same way that it would be unfair to discriminate against tall people competing against short people.

It's the new flat earthism.

If you are a normal boring cunty type of woman, not only will you be competing against biological males who even if on oestrogen will have gone through male puberty, have male bone structure, lung capacity, you also may find yourself competing against females who are taking testosterone in order to transition to male.

This is how to be progressive in the 21st century. Your feelings and personality come first and biological reality be damned.
Facetious is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 6th October 2018, 02:41 PM   #438371  /  #116
gib
mild mannered janitor

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: the thin one out of Laurel & Hardy
not arsed mate
Old 6th October 2018, 03:17 PM   #438374  /  #117
Majiffy
I'll have you know I'm popular on many web forums

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Buffalo, NY
Sports are fucking dumb anyway we should just stop taking them seriously

It started as a way to show military might and that doesn't fucking matter anymore

ʘᴥʘ
pledged my daily allegiance to Satan and pear-shaped air hockey turntable earth
Vivere diu rebellionus!

Proud propagator of the "fire for warmth" myth
Majiffy is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 6th October 2018, 03:55 PM   #438376  /  #118
Brother Daniel
bad case of gleeks

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: a peninsula in the North Atlantic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facetious View Post
I had a conversation with a trans ally last week about sports. .... It would be unfair to discriminate against biological males competing against females in the same way that it would be unfair to discriminate against tall people competing against short people.
Wow, I had no idea that it went that far.

Anyway,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majiffy View Post
Spoiler
Do I even dare to suggest this as a custom user title
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facetious
Yay from
Majiffy (6th October 2018)
Old 6th October 2018, 07:02 PM   #438379  /  #119
Zeluvia
Send Cash or Drugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majiffy View Post

It started as a way to show military might and that doesn't fucking matter anymore

Professional sports are stupid. Everyone should play. Games. They should be called games.

Yay from
gib (6th October 2018), Majiffy (6th October 2018)
Old 6th October 2018, 07:51 PM   #438381  /  #120
Facetious

I think sports have a valuable social function. In lieu of declaring war on the people over in the next county, we send our sports teams. And also being a 'fan' of a football team creates bonds with other fans that transgress the divides that traditionally keep us apart. Things that create community cohesion can be very valuable, I say can be because cohesion can be created through hate and fear of a shared enemy. People coming together to celebrate and support a sports team seems a much more benign and positive thing than a group of people coming together through shared xenophobia.
Old 6th October 2018, 07:57 PM   #438382  /  #121
Facetious

Brother Daniel

Spoiler
Do I even dare to suggest this as a custom user title
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facetious
Spoiler
I like your style.
Yay from
Brother Daniel (6th October 2018), Majiffy (6th October 2018), nostrum (7th October 2018)
Old 6th October 2018, 09:04 PM   #438385  /  #122
Zeluvia
Send Cash or Drugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facetious View Post
I think sports have a valuable social function. In lieu of declaring war on the people over in the next county, we send our sports teams. And also being a 'fan' of a football team creates bonds with other fans that transgress the divides that traditionally keep us apart. Things that create community cohesion can be very valuable, I say can be because cohesion can be created through hate and fear of a shared enemy. People coming together to celebrate and support a sports team seems a much more benign and positive thing than a group of people coming together through shared xenophobia.

Really? Examples of sports creating a different kind of xenophobic violence for people that identify strongly with their "teams":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_riot

I doubt professional sports stops wars in this day and age. Wars are fought for over resources and for political posturing, and over religion/cultural differences, and sports has nothing to do with those. In fact, I am watching a CD series history of war, and I will watch for instances where "sports" involvement could have replaced a war, but I don't hold out much hope I will find an example. If you know of any examples where sports could have derailed a war, or where they DID derail a war, please let me know.

I am not against non professional sports. If you have a dart team at the local pub and you play other pubs from other villages, that is all good and fine. That kind of small scale personal sport is fun, and does promote personal bonding.

Professional sports are stupid.

Last edited by Zeluvia; 6th October 2018 at 09:07 PM.
Old 7th October 2018, 01:38 AM   #438392  /  #123
Timewave

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: IN MY HEAD (MOSTLY)

Old 7th October 2018, 01:42 AM   #438393  /  #124
Timewave

I don't like professional sport, but sport can be a force for good.
It can build a sense of community desperately needed for minorities.
Old 7th October 2018, 01:44 AM   #438394  /  #125
Timewave

It has been one of the few ways indigenous peoples of Australia have been able to get out of their ghettos.

MindRomp Forum > Culture, the Arts and Humanities > Lifestyle and Entertainment

Tags
mangina mangina mangina, she-penis she-penis she-penis