MindRomp Forum  

FAQ Janitors Arcade
Go Back   MindRomp Forum > Community > Mafia

Mafia 8/10 of Mafia GMs who expressed a preference, prefer Mindromp

Old 9th May 2017, 12:17 PM   #398889  /  #501
spruce
redolent needling balm

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Appalachia, CSA
So diva's game may be close to winding up - 7 Townies dead, finally a sub for a player, and Night 4 just about to end. That should be 4-3 in a matter of minutes.

* ^ * ^ * ^ * ^ * ^ *
I smell the STANK OF DEF!
spruce is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 9th May 2017, 12:57 PM   #398899  /  #502
spruce
redolent needling balm

None of "our" folk are in Game 3. Game 3 is mostly a bunch of Thingyman Dutch-British Danes and Vikings from Hungary. We could root for the 3 Americans I suppose, or the lone Italian, Portugee, Pole, Swede, or Aussie-Lithuanian if we want. Honestly I think we got the best of the Swedes and Finns, so I don't know why they even try. Still, the Aussie-Lithuanian is kind of endearing in an MZ kind of way.

* ^ * ^ * ^ * ^ * ^ *
Old 9th May 2017, 01:07 PM   #398901  /  #503
spruce
redolent needling balm

BREAKING NEWS! Vanilla snail divagreen is dead. I repeat, diva is dead, and with no flavour writeup - the ultimate stab in the historic and continuing machinations of our erstwhile Championship appearances.

Let us paws for a moment of silence for our fallen kamrade.

RIP, diva, you were always our best and brightest snail. I still fondly remember your slime trails across the far horizon.

* ^ * ^ * ^ * ^ * ^ *
Old 9th May 2017, 01:20 PM   #398903  /  #504
spruce
redolent needling balm

Now, nacho's game becomes... diva's revenge!

* ^ * ^ * ^ * ^ * ^ *
Old 9th May 2017, 02:29 PM   #398911  /  #505
Prince Humperdinck

Quote:
Originally Posted by spruce View Post
BREAKING NEWS! Vanilla snail divagreen is dead. I repeat, diva is dead, and with no flavour writeup - the ultimate stab in the historic and continuing machinations of our erstwhile Championship appearances.

Let us paws for a moment of silence for our fallen kamrade.
Night kill, not a lynch?

Last edited by Prince Humperdinck; 9th May 2017 at 04:27 PM.
Prince Humperdinck is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 9th May 2017, 04:14 PM   #398921  /  #506
spruce
redolent needling balm

Yes, a nightkill demise.

* ^ * ^ * ^ * ^ * ^ *
Old 10th May 2017, 07:28 PM   #399149  /  #507
Enso
transient

I am not allowed to talk about Fight Club.

Enso is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 11th May 2017, 12:15 AM   #399180  /  #508
spruce
redolent needling balm

diva's revenge indeed. She and her snail town team have lost - even lost early. And, as fate would have it, lost by having Mafia largely absent and failing to meet post requirements. I think I may have disqualified the game, since it was a championship game, but no, we've never done that here either. It's a bad way to win or lose, but how some play the game.

Drives GMs and Championship hosts mad, it does:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingyman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffington View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lute View Post
It was enforced. With a substitution. You're arguing that it wasn't enforced in a way that favors you. If KC was town and had been modkilled, your team would have lost an entire phase.
Day 3 - He fails to meet the post count. Slap on the wrist.
Day 4 - He fails to meet the post count again. THIS is when he gets substituted.

There was no enforcement for his first violation of the postcount requirement. His alignment is irrelevant to the fact that he broke a requirement that everyone had agreed to.

Quote:
Most towns will lynch you for similar play. If you're not lynched, you're subbed out. If you make it a habit to not post, you're banned from signing up.
Policy lynching can be a horrible precedent to go by. He also wasn't immediately subbed out for breaking it.

I really don't mean to constantly complain about the rules. I just care a lot about this game. This is probably the hardest I've ever tried in a mafia game, and the results have left me feeling pretty sad.
I will personally apologize for the Kid Clutch thing. I'm usually quite on the ball with these things. I for some reason thought he had made the post requirement on that Day 3. However, I'm not sure much would've changed; It seems lute herself contacted him? Assuming he promised to shape up, then I would've gone about it the exact same way.

* ^ * ^ * ^ * ^ * ^ *

Last edited by spruce; 11th May 2017 at 12:21 AM.
Old 11th May 2017, 12:29 AM   #399183  /  #509
spruce
redolent needling balm

Quote:
Originally Posted by divagreen View Post
Quote:
This game was way too mafia-sided.

Pretty salty about how this turned out. I was 100% right about Enginish and everyone was 100% wrong about me.

Kid Clutch gets to sandbag for multiple phases, he blatantly missed the post count requirements on multiple days, but doesn't get modkilled.

Don't really think anyone in mafia deserves MVP.
I hear you and I think that you are kind of upset rn.

I absolutely think that formal deserves MVP cos kc and engine weren't playing. they barely met post count on most days. engine was only doing filler posts in the end.

fwiw I believed you were town. the paranoia was real. town needed to work together and well we didn't. apparently I worked for scum. at least you got engine right!

try not to take the loss to heart. you played well even if your attitude didn't get a whole of followers. plus I wld love to have that final fantasy convo with you, mebbe after you process.

I haven't read scumchat but I wonder how much day talk helped scum. I have things to think about too. like how naval gazing is apparently a random thing.

much love scruff

and to the hosts and to the pple who played.
That's our girl!

* ^ * ^ * ^ * ^ * ^ *
Old 11th May 2017, 12:32 AM   #399184  /  #510
spruce
redolent needling balm

The lute Conundrum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lute View Post
Quote:
This game was way too mafia-sided.

Pretty salty about how this turned out. I was 100% right about Enginish and everyone was 100% wrong about me.

Kid Clutch gets to sandbag for multiple phases, he blatantly missed the post count requirements on multiple days, but doesn't get modkilled.

Don't really think anyone in mafia deserves MVP.

I'm making this public for the sake of transparency, as the integrity of the Championships is a pretty big deal. So without further ado...

- Kid Clutch was given a warning on Day 3 for failing to meet the post requirement. Additional leeway was given as it was possible a site issue caused him to miss the requirement.
- Kid Clutch failed to meet the requirement again on Day 4. As the host, I weighed the following options:

1) Substitute out Kid Clutch.
2) Modkill Kid Clutch.

I opted to forego option 2) after giving thought to the situation. As the host it is my duty to show fairness to all alignments. If Kid Clutch was Town/Snail aligned, modkilling him would instantly end the game, denying the remaining Town/Snail aligned players a chance to come back in LyLo. If Kid Clutch was Mafia/Bug aligned, killing him would severely hinder his fellows, who already had to make up for a somewhat inactive teammate. I felt that either outcome would be unfair, and I also felt it was important to consider my actions from both the actual perspective (Kid Clutch being Mafia/Bug aligned) and the hypothetical perspective (Kid Clutch being Town/Snail aligned). After all, if I wouldn't take a certain action because of a player's alignment, then that would be both open to angleshooting and unfair to all alignments.

Subbing a player into LyLo is less than ideal, but it beat the alternatives. The third, unconsidered option was to simply do nothing, but that would also be unfair and essentially ignore the standard operating procedure and expectations that had been established, which devalues the rules as a whole. I think the route I opted to take was the best one available, and if you disagree, I hope you can at least identify with my reasoning.

* ^ * ^ * ^ * ^ * ^ *
Old 11th May 2017, 12:39 AM   #399186  /  #511
Magicziggy
vandal

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Loadsamoney
They don't know what they're doing
Magicziggy is online now   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 11th May 2017, 12:57 AM   #399191  /  #512
Jerome
Life is just a bowl of cherries

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Pleasant Living
lol, how about punishing the team not playing by the rules instead of trying to 'make it fair'.

When one party doesn't play by the rules, that is unfair already.

What a cluster.

'They were cheating, so I tried to make it fair by not punishing them for cheating.'
Yay from
Magicziggy (11th May 2017)
Old 11th May 2017, 12:59 AM   #399192  /  #513
Jerome
Life is just a bowl of cherries

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Pleasant Living
Apparently the player had enough access to be able to communicate with the GM.

The GM was played there.

The mafia team beat the GM, not the Town team.
Old 11th May 2017, 01:02 AM   #399195  /  #514
spruce
redolent needling balm

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by divagreen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formal Shorts View Post
With regards to KC missing it twice, he was online for the day he posted 9 at EOD. He posted in wolf chat 2 mins after the deadline, and said one of his posts didn't go through.

Perhaps I don't see it as as big a deal because the forum I play on has no minimum posting requirements. Miss 3 votes and your dead. Plenty of people choose to post only a couple of times a day, some only to vote. Town and scum. The onus is on town to get rid of them before it becomes an issue. Honestly, if I was town in this game, I would have pushed for a KC lynch because regardless of alignment, he would be completely untrustworthy at end game.

Again, I understand your frustration, and it's easy for me to say. I'm sorry it was such a disappointing experience for you.
lets talk about this.

I have been town and lynched lurkers to the point of extinction and they were all town.

hence my hesitancy to do it in this game.

I have lynched lurkers as town and hit scum too. it depends on the players and the game.

if you want to talk about disappointments its that town shld never be put in a position to where they have to make that choice in this type of setting. its allstars bby and every1 shld be bringing their A-game. and it is hugely disappointing that pple didn't and town mostly lost cos they played the game while a cple of players didn't. who happened to be scum.

paranoia is real and no1 likes to think that may lose to a poor showing soyeah, of course town will turn on itself.

but none of that shld take away from your win formal, you earned it.

well done
100% this post.

* ^ * ^ * ^ * ^ * ^ *
Old 11th May 2017, 01:12 AM   #399198  /  #515
spruce
redolent needling balm

Part of the 'issue' I think is that it's a player advance championship, where a couple of few players from each game advance - so it's very difficult for a mod to punish a player whose team has deserted him. I played out one of those as scum at TR and was summarily slaughtered. I'm sure there were good irl reasons for all the other scum to drop out (at least they did drop out instead of simply not showing up).

And it's a championship on a schedule. Maybe there needs to be a "called on account of rain" rule, or a reschedule shuffle. I don't know how the pros do it in the heat of a tiered match-play?

The upside, is players and onlookers are still able to rate the players based on play, but yeah, everything seems tainted with disappointment.

* ^ * ^ * ^ * ^ * ^ *
Old 11th May 2017, 03:22 AM   #399233  /  #516
OmicronPersei8
Declared candidate for Best Poster 2017 of the fuckin decade

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: OP8
Quote:
but yeah, everything seems tainted with disappointment.
oh wait till they see me play

Jerome: My mistake.
OmicronPersei8 is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
gib (11th May 2017), Majiffy (11th May 2017), nostrum (14th May 2017), spruce (11th May 2017)
Old 11th May 2017, 07:17 PM   #399289  /  #517
Prince Humperdinck

Quote:
diva's revenge indeed. She and her snail town team have lost - even lost early. And, as fate would have it, lost by having Mafia largely absent and failing to meet post requirements.
Lynch the quiet ones.
Old 12th May 2017, 03:52 PM   #399444  /  #518
spruce
redolent needling balm

diva was chosen by her fellow players for the 3rd place bronze trophy in her game.
Congratz diva!

* ^ * ^ * ^ * ^ * ^ *
Old 12th May 2017, 05:42 PM   #399445  /  #519
spruce
redolent needling balm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enso View Post
But you gots to show up for Fightclub, like really soon or we're in trouble.

* ^ * ^ * ^ * ^ * ^ *
Old 12th May 2017, 09:43 PM   #399448  /  #520
spruce
redolent needling balm

Thingyman has subbed me in for enso, so I'm mute to y'all. Mute, I say.

* ^ * ^ * ^ * ^ * ^ *
Old 12th May 2017, 10:47 PM   #399452  /  #521
Enso
transient

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enso View Post
But you gots to show up for Fightclub, like really soon or we're in trouble.
Eh you can let them know I have been working/ tending to close friendships/ sustaining unprecedented back pain so the whole "hissy fit" / "unsportsmanlike" assertion doesn't really reflect why I stopped playing or what I actually said but I won't say another word.

Old 12th May 2017, 10:50 PM   #399453  /  #522
Enso
transient

I think I'll play one more game since I invited a newbie here, host one or two more and retire again.

Old 13th May 2017, 12:07 AM   #399489  /  #523
Enso
transient

Thanks nonetheless, spruce.

Old 13th May 2017, 01:33 AM   #399514  /  #524
Enso
transient

Also, if I were to bitch about something it'd be that I explicitly asked to be referred to by they/ them/ their in my bio and most of them decided I should be referred to as male anyway. I expected that in a cross community event but there was a lot of queer erasure towards me and another nonbinary player that grossed me out a bit.

Old 13th May 2017, 01:37 AM   #399515  /  #525
Enso
transient

Obviously I've known people on MR long before I began to identify as genderqueer on a conscious level so I don't bother with the matter here but like even Kami's teeny bopper weeaboo gif forum got it right while all these 30+ guys can never get it through their thick meatheads.

MindRomp Forum > Community > Mafia

Tags
hul, i said no, intimidating ennui, it'll be better this time i'm sure, mafia slugs, none of this is real, pencil, penis, penis penis penis, purple throbbing heat seeking moisture missile, snailmageddon, we don't need no stinking bans, yes i am, you are not this stupid