Mantisdreamz is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 19th July 2013, 08:57 AM   #110054  /  #7
Mantisdreamz
corridors, refectories and files

##vote Corke##
Mantisdreamz is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 19th July 2013, 12:28 PM   #110065  /  #8
Corke

Usually, I'm quite paranoid as town. Usually, that works out okay.

I cannot play a game in which half of the people won't even post.

I need data to work with. Did you answer my question yesterday? Did Gonzo?

Lynch me and get me out of this game.

##unvote praying##

##vote Corke##
Corke is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 19th July 2013, 02:53 PM   #110092  /  #9
spruce
redolent needling balm

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Appalachia, CSA
What?

You're not a Jester, right Corke?

I agree too many players across the boards have been too quiet of late, though some of them usually are. Most of those signed up for this one, for example, aren't known for reams of dialog, which isn't often helpful for Town; but you and Mantis nailed The Bad, so we're actually doing pretty well at the moment. And this day started past my bedtime and maybe that for a few of us. Hopefully the talk will pick up again, though I'd expect it to remain light for several hours yet.

There was no kill last night, which seems significant and may give us something to work with once more players show up. I, for one, am beginning to think maybe you've been right about Jerome simply having most everyone shoot it out in the daytime, except for the strangler.
spruce is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 19th July 2013, 03:27 PM   #110104  /  #10
Corke

Precisely. We're doing quite well right now, so we can easily afford to lose me. I make quite a bit of noise.

I haven't played well this game, and I apologise. Also, I can't play when no one answers my questions.

Do you really want me around at endgame? I think everyone's agreed that I'm the scummiest player around.

Also, do you seriously think there's a jester in a game this small?

But whatever you do, don't shoot me or you'll lose another townie.
Old 19th July 2013, 03:36 PM   #110105  /  #11
spruce
redolent needling balm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corke View Post

Also, nick was so obviously scum, why weren't you two willing to vote him?

And spruce, you know as well as I do that it's usually pot luck who gets the mayor position. I've seen a lot of games where the mayor was scum, so to play that card was also another dubious action on your part.
My experience has been the election of mayor, especially after Day 1, is rarely "pot luck", though also rarely significant enough 'till later in a game. My point was that I put down the only mayor vote yesterday, and it was for praying. If you thought she was scum, I'd at least expect a challenge vote so she wouldn't automatically be the unchallenged mayor with her extra .5 vote strength. But like you said, you're not sure, just suspicious.

As to nick, he rarely seems a serious player in most of the games I've encountered him. He looked to me to simply be playing as he usually does, half-cocked and upset with those not wanting him to play. Jerome has been in that seat for a lot of games, especially at TR, where some players still won't play in games for which he signs up. Honestly, most of the votes against nick were either admittedly throw-away 'revenge' votes, or simple followy votes - which led me to especially suspect his wagon. Mz was the only one who said he saw something Day 1, and you and Mantis (who didn't actually bother to vote against him either, btw, or at all) seemed mostly on his case Day 2 for his doing exactly what those arrayed against him wanted him to do - shoot it out with Mz. Mantis complained about his ignoring the game after spending his shot, but that's exactly what I'd expect a Town nick to do, and Mantis clearly wasn't even following the game much, with her confusion over the count and the probability of a nick lynch - it's why I think Mantis is Town. nick had the commanding lead each day, regardless of praying or I joining the wagon, and where's the scum-hunting in that? We'd just be wasting a day waiting for the lynch to go through. I thought nick could go either way, and said as much. The vote on him was lazy, as far as I could tell, just as most of the game seems to be.
Old 19th July 2013, 03:53 PM   #110108  /  #12
spruce
redolent needling balm

Hey, at least you and I are participating, which I'm not sure bodes well for either one of us - I'd expect Scum to at least know what's going on.

It used to be some kinda mafia rule to lynch the quiet ones, but if so I've never seen it enforced in all the time I've been playing. Mostly the quiet ones have been ignored and skated through the game, Scum or Town. Jerome seems to have adopted it as a new strategy in fact, and I've wondered if it isn't wise to do so myself. LOL, it's a sad state of affairs when the winningest move is to sign up for every game and then barely play, if at all. And this game started later than I had hoped - I've been working 12 hour days every other day, which makes it a little tough to regularly be around.
Old 19th July 2013, 04:03 PM   #110111  /  #13
Corke

We had to lynch someone, and MZ made a case for nick. SR was the only one who wanted nick to shoot back, and he's dead confirmed wins with town.

Hold on, we could vote for mayor yesterday? Why?

I don't know nick, I don't know what he does. Does that make me scum for suspecting you and praying, who were defending scum?

MZ put his vote on nick after I had gone to bed. I missed the end of D1.

The vote on him may have been lazy, or it may have been in the absence of anyone better to vote for. That's how I saw it.

Also, why was Mantis so gung-ho to kill nick after I explicitly said the wiser and safer course of action was to lynch him?
Old 19th July 2013, 04:10 PM   #110116  /  #14
Corke

Quote:
Originally Posted by spruce View Post
Hey, at least you and I are participating, which I'm not sure bodes well for either one of us - I'd expect Scum to at least know what's going on.

It used to be some kinda mafia rule to lynch the quiet ones, but if so I've never seen it enforced in all the time I've been playing. Mostly the quiet ones have been ignored and skated through the game, Scum or Town. Jerome seems to have adopted it as a new strategy in fact, and I've wondered if it isn't wise to do so myself. LOL, it's a sad state of affairs when the winningest move is to sign up for every game and then barely play, if at all. And this game started later than I had hoped - I've been working 12 hour days every other day, which makes it a little tough to regularly be around.
It annoys me. I have no read on these players:
Gonzo
Supernaut
Charlou
Rhys (although I lean town with him)

Nyarlathotep I lean town on.

Mantis' shot on nick looked a little too perfect for my liking.

praying's response to my charlou vote was dodgy, like she knew something I didn't.

You, spruce, look town to me today. Which is a relief.

And Pacman, who knows? Despite him being a good friend of mine, he can be incredibly clever and devious and I'm not sure I'll ever be able to read him as town.

Don't worry about me, I'm fine. I'm a perfectionist, and it infuriates me when I screw up. And screw up here I have. I wasn't towny enough for everyone.

Later, I'll get in some Borderlands 2 action with Pacman. That ought to be fun.
Old 19th July 2013, 04:11 PM   #110117  /  #15
Corke

With Rhys, I can't confidently lean town. Just haven't seen enough, but he's at least posted some.
Old 19th July 2013, 04:14 PM   #110119  /  #16
Rhys

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Melbourne
Putting this out there:

I protected Mantis last night. Although Corke has looked pretty townish to me the entire game, his/her going after Mantis doesn't bode well, especially given that Mantis:

a) killed the only dead scum
b) was likely targeted last night
Rhys is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 19th July 2013, 04:16 PM   #110121  /  #17
spruce
redolent needling balm

Quote:

The mayor vote from Day 1 was tied, and the GM didn't say he broke it, so we went into Day 2 without one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corke
Also, why was Mantis so gung-ho to kill nick after I explicitly said the wiser and safer course of action was to lynch him?
Like I said, it's what I would have done as Scum - to get the Town cred for killing The Bad, who was going down anyway. But then she seemed to genuinely be otherwise out-of-touch with the game, which leans her into my townish column.
Old 19th July 2013, 04:23 PM   #110126  /  #18
spruce
redolent needling balm

I think the Day 1 nick wagon has to be good now, so that let's Gonzo off in my opinion, regardless of sparse play. And now Rhys.

It makes sense that Mantis would have been targeted last night, if that's a Scum action. If it's an SK, hmm, maybe too.
Old 19th July 2013, 04:46 PM   #110135  /  #19
Corke

[quote=spruce;110121]
Quote:

The mayor vote from Day 1 was tied, and the GM didn't say he broke it, so we went into Day 2 without one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corke
Like I said, it's what I would have done as Scum - to get the Town cred for killing The Bad, who was going down anyway. But then she seemed to genuinely be otherwise out-of-touch with the game, which leans her into my townish column.
Remember, nothing is certain in this game. Nick was going to die sooner or later. If he wasn't lynched that day, I would have shot him the next. It makes perfect sense to shoot him and take the town cred.

Also, your block clears you but not Mantis. The kill might easily be that of a serial killer/vig, although we should really assume scumkill. Mantis is town in my book, but she is not cleared.

I'm not gunning for Mantis, just hammering the point in. I'll stop now.
Old 19th July 2013, 04:47 PM   #110136  /  #20
Corke

Sorry about the quotes.
Old 19th July 2013, 05:57 PM   #110151  /  #21
spruce
redolent needling balm

You've been sorry about a lot of stuff lately. And you talk a lot too, for a big-mouthed, stubbly-chined, bald guy. It's all I can do to watch those teeth jangle back and forth and back and forth. Maybe Mantis was just trying to say, “When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.” But it's just like you to take a hammer to a poor, defenseless woman, even if she is wearing a mask like some kinda bandit or ebil spider-woman. And going after that doctor baby seal that way – you're just mean! You better unvote yourself though. I'm just sayin'.
Old 19th July 2013, 06:04 PM   #110152  /  #22
Corke

##unvote Corke##

We could lynch Super. Although wouldn't he be more involved if he was scum?
Old 19th July 2013, 06:49 PM   #110180  /  #23
Supernaut
Nuts to Butts!

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Sacramento, CA
Quote:
##unvote Corke##

This is true^^

Going to sub out actually. Other stuff keeps coming up and can't find time to get into the game.
Old 19th July 2013, 07:34 PM   #110186  /  #24
Corke

No worries, man.

In other news, Pacman has a cold.
Old 19th July 2013, 08:51 PM   #110211  /  #25
spruce
redolent needling balm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernaut View Post
Quote:
##unvote Corke##

This is true^^

Going to sub out actually. Other stuff keeps coming up and can't find time to get into the game.
um... you do know, right... that if Freud were a Spanish cowboy from the Confederate SouthWest, one might analyse that you were admitting to being Scum who simply had no time for the game?

Do you feel mommy issues? Well, do you, punk?

MindRomp Forum > Community > Mafia