Links
Portal |  Forum | Core Values | 
MindRomp Forum  

FAQ Janitors Arcade
Go Back   MindRomp Forum > General Discussion > News, Sports & Politics

News, Sports & Politics Hello, good evening, and welcome...

Old 17th November 2018, 03:50 AM   #440466  /  #5651
Majiffy
I'll have you know I'm popular on many web forums

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Buffalo, NY
That too

ʘᴥʘ
pledged my daily allegiance to Satan and pear-shaped air hockey turntable earth
Vivere diu rebellionus!

Proud propagator of the "fire for warmth" myth
Majiffy is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 17th November 2018, 04:59 AM   #440467  /  #5652
Zeluvia
Send Cash or Drugs

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Evil Duckess
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Humperdinck View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MondoVman View Post
U mad, bro? "Trump gets elected and the next day they celebrate the number."

Celebrating that number was one of Trump's "new CEO moves" (as explained by Scott Adams at the time); a bit too complex for the simple minded.

Awesome that today's unemployment rate is far less than 4.8% (based on the same method/formula).

Thanks for highlighting Trump's accomplishments.
Yes, Trump hasn't fucked up the unemployment rate that has been improving since 2009 or 2010. Bully for him. -- To be fair it is difficult to keep it low/improving once it's already fairly low.

Probably helped by the boomers retiring in droves and the suicide rate for working age males too !!

Zeluvia is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
Majiffy (17th November 2018)
Old 17th November 2018, 05:01 AM   #440468  /  #5653
Zeluvia
Send Cash or Drugs

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Evil Duckess
Quote:
Originally Posted by gib View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeluvia View Post
Quote:

Celebrating that number was one of Trump's "new CEO moves" (as explained by Scott Adams at the time); a bit too complex for the simple minded.

Awesome that today's unemployment rate is far less than 4.8% (based on the same method/formula).

its 1.1% less. I will agree I think Trump's aggressive deportation policy probably helped lower unemployment, as did some of his attempts to repatriate corporate cash for investment in capital projects. But we still have a terrible lag in wages for that low of an unemployment number.

And, with unemployment that low, the Fed is going to be running scared of inflation, because their forumulas expect a rise in wages due to job competition. But I am very happy to start getting more interest on my savings and bonds. However, that is going to balloon the Government Debt again as T bill interest rates rise, so that will pull money out of the stock market. And by next election the Republicans will be screaming they have to cut more social programs because of the Debt.

Meanwhile, the stock market continues to shrink in size, as to number of public traded companies available for the average investor, and rise in value, based mostly on 401k's that replaced the huge Union pension funds. But that 401k money will be coming out (mine already did) at an increased rate over the next 10 years. That too is an economic problem, that has to do with our corporate overlords actually stifling competition and trying to control all markets instead of doing what good capitalists should do, regulating to increase competition.

It is also apparent we are running another housing bubble because lending practices are slip sliding again, and we have that really nasty student loan debt bubble that is just waiting to pop. I predict they will both pop in 2019 before the next election, and the Republicans will blame it on the House Democrats. However, the Powers that control those bubbles, and when they pop, are mostly the very wealthy and large investment concerns. Who are Republican. TPTB. The entire student loan debacle is just corporate welfare disguised as "helping" people, and that is what happens when you "deregulate" government programs.

Callout: Jerome !

Most of the things you said also apply over here and i'd hazard a guess most of the western world. I'm no Trump fan but i don't think we can blame these trends on him.

You're right about that USA bubble though, no brit i know online or off has ever said a good word about him, and i know a lot of people who vote conservative.

No, it's not Trump doing all this, its the TPTB. TPTB are just laughing at Trump : )

Zeluvia is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
Majiffy (17th November 2018)
Old 17th November 2018, 05:27 AM   #440469  /  #5654
Majiffy
I'll have you know I'm popular on many web forums

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Buffalo, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeluvia View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Humperdinck View Post
Quote:

Yes, Trump hasn't fucked up the unemployment rate that has been improving since 2009 or 2010. Bully for him. -- To be fair it is difficult to keep it low/improving once it's already fairly low.

Probably helped by the boomers retiring in droves and the suicide rate for working age males too !!
As a suicidal working age male we morbidly depressed millennials apologize but also fuck all you olds for making us do more for less we can't even comfortably move out our parents' house at 60hrs/week

ʘᴥʘ
pledged my daily allegiance to Satan and pear-shaped air hockey turntable earth
Vivere diu rebellionus!

Proud propagator of the "fire for warmth" myth
Majiffy is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
SR71 (1st December 2018), Zeluvia (17th November 2018)
Old 1st December 2018, 09:58 PM   #440947  /  #5655
SR71
Get Higher Faster

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: With the Techniker
Magicziggy (4th December 2018), Majiffy (2nd December 2018), nostrum (2nd December 2018), Prince Humperdinck (1st December 2018), Zeluvia (2nd December 2018)
Old 2nd December 2018, 12:39 AM   #440954  /  #5656
nostrum
too boring to be considered weird

Putin nails it
Majiffy (2nd December 2018), SR71 (2nd December 2018)

MindRomp Forum > General Discussion > News, Sports & Politics

Tags
dumfuckithread, facetious wins, get a job, its ok just dont let it happen again, jerome owns this gay thread, no thanks, pencil, penis, penis penis penis, purple pulsating pillar of power, purple throbbing heat seeking moisture missile, sorry about that, spruce makes sense, this thread literally dehydrates you to death