Go Back   MindRomp Forum > Community > Rompus Room

Rompus Room Bring all your toys to share

Old Yesterday, 09:49 PM   #450073  /  #51
Cunt
Unregistered member

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Circum-polar region
Quote:
Originally Posted by borealis View Post
Holy shit, Cunt. I hope you're trolling.
Why would you hope for that?

Is it because something about my opinions is uncomfortable?

I mean, you usually go away before even fairly addressing one single point of disagreement, so I don't expect much of you (beyond the gentle heckling)

If you have a point of disagreement, PROVE it to me with a steelman technique. Or just keep bleating and heckling. That's cool too.

*Caution*
Feminism IS the Patriarchy.

Cunt is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old Yesterday, 11:23 PM   #450075  /  #52
nostrum
too boring to be considered weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by borealis View Post

Holy shit, Cunt. I hope you're trolling.
what's worse, though?
Old Today, 12:52 AM   #450079  /  #53
Cunt
Unregistered member

Exiting with accusations of trolling, because of undefined outrage?

*Caution*

Old Today, 02:42 AM   #450080  /  #54
Zeluvia
Send Cash or Drugs

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Evil Duckess
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boycot..._and_Sanctions

Zeluvia is online now   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old Today, 06:38 AM   #450085  /  #55
Cunt
Unregistered member

Yeah. That's the group they supported, which got them refused entry to a country.

Did you have another point to make about them?

*Caution*

Old Today, 09:58 AM   #450086  /  #56
Zeluvia
Send Cash or Drugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunt View Post
Yeah. That's the group they supported, which got them refused entry to a country.

It's a facking boycott, that is all it is. There really isn't a group, it's an idea that has been floating around for a very long time, and it hasn't had any real effect except to get Israel's panties in a wad. There is no terrorist group behind it. Israel and Palastinians can't even agree on if it is a good idea or not.

It recently gained traction again when Israel violated the U.N. agreement and continued to support settlers moving onto the West Bank, on the other side of the Wall they built.

The issue here to me is freedom of speech. If you read the Wiki article, you will see that the support of the boycott is varied, because the boycott has never been well defined. Or even followed.

Some people like to claim the boycott is anti-semitic. People in the US tend to do this. But others say people should be able to criticize Israel's policies without being branded as anti-semitic. And yet that is what we are talking about here. Freedom of speech. Freedom to speak out against perceived injustice and to encourage others to take non violent action if they agree.

So yes, my point is you are using a double standard.

I have no fucking idea what gay bars have to do with the issue of Israel continually violating treaties and international agreements to grab land.

Old Today, 07:48 PM   #450090  /  #57
Cunt
Unregistered member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeluvia View Post
Quote:

It's a facking boycott, that is all it is. There really isn't a group, it's an idea that has been floating around for a very long time, and it hasn't had any real effect except to get Israel's panties in a wad. There is no terrorist group behind it. Israel and Palastinians can't even agree on if it is a good idea or not.

It recently gained traction again when Israel violated the U.N. agreement and continued to support settlers moving onto the West Bank, on the other side of the Wall they built.

The issue here to me is freedom of speech. If you read the Wiki article, you will see that the support of the boycott is varied, because the boycott has never been well defined. Or even followed.

Some people like to claim the boycott is anti-semitic. People in the US tend to do this. But others say people should be able to criticize Israel's policies without being branded as anti-semitic. And yet that is what we are talking about here. Freedom of speech. Freedom to speak out against perceived injustice and to encourage others to take non violent action if they agree.

I'm not using any 'double-standard', just pointing out that is why Israel refused them entry.

Quote:

I have no fucking idea what gay bars have to do with the issue of Israel continually violating treaties and international agreements to grab land.
I don't believe you.

This points straight to which society is more tolerant. Just like you refer to Israel as 'religious', while failing to note that Palestine is at least as nutty, religiously.

One is mainly Jewish, the other mainly Muslim.

As an atheist, and apostate, I know exactly which would be more dangerous for me.

I know gays are not the best indicator, but the difference in their acceptance speaks volumes about the difference between the two cultures.

Are you in favour of Muslim rule over Jews? How do Jewish minority communities fare in Muslim-ruled countries?

Or does that not matter?

*Caution*

Old Today, 08:13 PM   #450091  /  #58
Zeluvia
Send Cash or Drugs

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm not using any 'double-standard', just pointing out that is why Israel refused them entry.

Quote:

I don't believe you.

This points straight to which society is more tolerant. Just like you refer to Israel as 'religious', while failing to note that Palestine is at least as nutty, religiously.

One is mainly Jewish, the other mainly Muslim.

As an atheist, and apostate, I know exactly which would be more dangerous for me.

I know gays are not the best indicator, but the difference in their acceptance speaks volumes about the difference between the two cultures.

Are you in favour of Muslim rule over Jews? How do Jewish minority communities fare in Muslim-ruled countries?

Or does that not matter?

Not in this instance it doesn't.

To Recap the conversation:

I posted some emails I received from the Trump Campaign.

You made some disparaging remarks about The Squad, obviously parroting right wing talking points.

I asked you what the Squad did that was so bad.

You brought up that they were refused entry to Israel.

I pointed out that Israel refused them entry for a bullshit reason, and the bad was on Israel for freaking out about what is basically a free speech issue, not The Squad.

You then went off on comparing Israeli society to Muslim societies' acceptance of gay bars, which has nothing to do with The Squad, or the reason they were banned from entry to Israel, or Trump's email, or Israels treatment of the Palastinians.

So, what do you LIKE about Trump and Hate about "The Squad"?

Because from where I sit, you are nothing but an emo parrot. You hear a talking point that resonates with you emotionally, and you accept and repeat it with no examination, thought, research, or any other upper level conscious process involved.

Then you try to move the conversation to another emotional talking point, when you can't defend your position rationally.

If you agree with someone's viewpoint on something you should be able to do the following:

1. Restate their opinion in your own words, with their reasons for holding that view.

2. Give rational reasons why you agree with their opinion, drawing from facts, life experience, history, or other related theories.

If you can't do any of that, you are indeed a emo parrot.

Last edited by Zeluvia; Today at 08:32 PM.

MindRomp Forum > Community > Rompus Room