Links
Portal |  Forum | Core Values | 
MindRomp Forum  

FAQ Janitors Arcade
Go Back   MindRomp Forum > General Discussion > News, Sports & Politics

News, Sports & Politics Hello, good evening, and welcome...

Old 19th January 2017, 08:05 PM   #377027  /  #1
andrewclunn
Aspiring Super Villain

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Chicago
Why Privilege is Propaganda Bullshit

The war on self-determination, and promotion of the notion that you're not really responsible for your lot in life is an ongoing narrative. Some examples in case you were unaware:

http://www.radiolab.org/story/radiol...poverty-myths

http://nautil.us/issue/44/luck/dont-...s-theyre-lucky

Basically the introductions are always the sanest arguments: There's a history of racism / sexism that people are still struggling to overcome. The benefits of having a safe society with infrastructure. Of course the implications they then allude to are that if you question the wisdom or effectiveness of any particular conclusion or prescribed policy they advocate for, then you are racists and hate public roads (this should sound awfully familiar to any libertarians). Also the hypocrisy of saying that others are just ignorant of all the hidden things that helped them succeed, while also ignoring things like single-motherhood and having large numbers of children as being obvious causes for failure (both for the parent(s) and children) is particularly glaring.

What it comes down to is basically not wanting those who succeed to feel like they are in any way superior to others, by giving all credit to institutions that the modern neo-marxists (who now call themselves progressives) support (such as public school systems), while also not wanting those who fail to feel like they are in any way inferior to others, by giving all credit to institutions that they dislike (like law enforcement). Also the benefits of institutions they dislike are also completely ignored (family, religious communities, etc...)

Make no mistake, this is a lie meant to justify stripping you of your individual freedom by asserting that you are not in fact an individual capable of any sort of self-direction, but a predictable causal robot of the society in which you live. The continuing inability of the social sciences to make reliable testable claims is merely in an inconvenience to their demographics as destiny mentality. That such an ideology, which attempts to shackle you to easily sorted "identities" bills itself as transcending these barriers, is some sick form of double think that is now spread as gospel by public educators (the priestly caste in this faith that refuses to admit that it is one).

I urge those of you who are have children, and are concerned for their well-being to make sure you expose your children to the insanity of this philosophy in the same way that you would seek to vaccinate them from the virus of religious BS. Because make no mistake, if you don't tell them about it with the appropriate criticism and skepticism, others will do it for you, but in an attempt to sway your child to giving up their self-determination to a nanny-state, and embracing a perverse view of justice called "social justice" where the individual reaping what they sow is of no consequence, and all that matters are peoples not people.
andrewclunn is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 19th January 2017, 08:32 PM   #377034  /  #2
OmicronPersei8
Declared candidate for Best Poster 2017 of the fuckin decade

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Gib's

Jerome: My mistake.
OmicronPersei8 is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 19th January 2017, 08:48 PM   #377036  /  #3
borealis
poikilothermic

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Canada
oh god.
Old 19th January 2017, 08:52 PM   #377040  /  #4
charlou
arseist

"where the individual reaping what they sow"

This is the crux of your ideology, Andrew... and I don't agree with it in the context you've outlined here.
Old 19th January 2017, 09:00 PM   #377046  /  #5
gib
Tam?m Shud

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Jilted John

Old 19th January 2017, 09:01 PM   #377047  /  #6
OmicronPersei8
Declared candidate for Best Poster 2017 of the fuckin decade

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Gib's
and you

Jerome: My mistake.
OmicronPersei8 is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 19th January 2017, 09:38 PM   #377076  /  #7
Jerome
Life is just a bowl of cherries

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Pleasant Living
Its the latest effort to divide people by arbitrary characteristics. Its easy to control people when you have them fighting against one another.
Old 19th January 2017, 09:52 PM   #377088  /  #8
nostrum
I do stuff

borealis (19th January 2017), Majiffy (20th January 2017)
Old 20th January 2017, 04:15 AM   #377346  /  #9
Timewave

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: IN MY HEAD (MOSTLY)
On the other hand, If the rich and privileged can convince you that it was yours and your parent's fault they couldn't afford to send you to school they win.

And if they can convince you that the rich white kid whose parents could buy him out of the rape charges deserved a second chance, while the kid who had no parents could be executed for the same crime deserves to be on death row; the entrenched white rich folk will feel that much safer and sure god is on their side.
Old 20th January 2017, 04:16 AM   #377347  /  #10
Timewave

Money swears, of course the rich are alway right.
Old 20th January 2017, 05:58 AM   #377355  /  #11
andrewclunn
Aspiring Super Villain

If only we had a word to describe the abuse of power for one's own good... oh yeah, it's called corruption. I'm pretty sure corruption is a distinct concept that many oppose without having any notion of what "privilege" is. Conflating the two does not make a defense of privilege.
Old 20th January 2017, 06:21 AM   #377360  /  #12
Timewave

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewclunn View Post
If only we had a word to describe the abuse of power for one's own good... oh yeah, it's called corruption. I'm pretty sure corruption is a distinct concept that many oppose without having any notion of what "privilege" is. Conflating the two does not make a defense of privilege.
Well then you are straying into the confirmation bias area where all the corrupt convince themselves it's not privilege, it's that they deserve to work the system and smooth the wheels with money and prestige is their due for hard work and the poor deserve their lot in life cause they don't know how to work the system and don't have the money to grease the wheels.

You may think there is a stark difference between privilege of wealth and corruption. But the good ol' boys who went to the right universities don't think it is an abuse of privilege to give other ol' boys the roles of power in society.

it's their just due.
Old 20th January 2017, 06:23 AM   #377361  /  #13
Timewave

And anyone in politics is corrupt by definition.
Because they 'have to' accept the system and takes all the advantages they can cause everyone else is and it's the way it's done.
Facetious (20th January 2017)
Old 20th January 2017, 10:14 AM   #377409  /  #14
Zeluvia
Send Cash or Drugs

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Evil Duckess
Quote:
The war on self-determination, and promotion of the notion that you're not really responsible for your lot in life is an ongoing narrative. Some examples in case you were unaware:

http://www.radiolab.org/story/radiol...poverty-myths

http://nautil.us/issue/44/luck/dont-...s-theyre-lucky

Basically the introductions are always the sanest arguments: There's a history of racism / sexism that people are still struggling to overcome. The benefits of having a safe society with infrastructure. Of course the implications they then allude to are that if you question the wisdom or effectiveness of any particular conclusion or prescribed policy they advocate for, then you are racists and hate public roads (this should sound awfully familiar to any libertarians). Also the hypocrisy of saying that others are just ignorant of all the hidden things that helped them succeed, while also ignoring things like single-motherhood and having large numbers of children as being obvious causes for failure (both for the parent(s) and children) is particularly glaring.

What it comes down to is basically not wanting those who succeed to feel like they are in any way superior to others, by giving all credit to institutions that the modern neo-marxists (who now call themselves progressives) support (such as public school systems), while also not wanting those who fail to feel like they are in any way inferior to others, by giving all credit to institutions that they dislike (like law enforcement). Also the benefits of institutions they dislike are also completely ignored (family, religious communities, etc...)

Make no mistake, this is a lie meant to justify stripping you of your individual freedom by asserting that you are not in fact an individual capable of any sort of self-direction, but a predictable causal robot of the society in which you live. The continuing inability of the social sciences to make reliable testable claims is merely in an inconvenience to their demographics as destiny mentality. That such an ideology, which attempts to shackle you to easily sorted "identities" bills itself as transcending these barriers, is some sick form of double think that is now spread as gospel by public educators (the priestly caste in this faith that refuses to admit that it is one).

I urge those of you who are have children, and are concerned for their well-being to make sure you expose your children to the insanity of this philosophy in the same way that you would seek to vaccinate them from the virus of religious BS. Because make no mistake, if you don't tell them about it with the appropriate criticism and skepticism, others will do it for you, but in an attempt to sway your child to giving up their self-determination to a nanny-state, and embracing a perverse view of justice called "social justice" where the individual reaping what they sow is of no consequence, and all that matters are peoples not people.

Recent world figures on wealth revealed to me that I, even I, am a member of the Privileged.

This took no work or determination or even better genes, it was an accident of birth, I assure you.

For extra credit though, please describe the phenomena of "Peer Pressure" as commonly described and do you think it exists or not?

Do you think groups of people, regardless of their income or wealth, pressure others, especially children, to conform to some ill defined societal norm? Do children pressure other children to conform? If you think this is something humans do, then please explain WHY we do it?

Why do you think people on this forum disagree with you?

Extra credit. Do you think stoicism and hedonism are compatible philosophies?

*to be in the top 10% of wealth worldwide you only need a net WORTH of approx. $72,000. This does include everything you own, at it's current RESALE value, less any liabilities.

Last edited by Zeluvia; 20th January 2017 at 10:17 AM.
Zeluvia is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Yay from
charlou (20th January 2017)
Old 20th January 2017, 02:52 PM   #377437  /  #15
andrewclunn
Aspiring Super Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timewave View Post
Quote:
Well then you are straying into the confirmation bias area where all the corrupt convince themselves it's not privilege, it's that they deserve to work the system and smooth the wheels with money and prestige is their due for hard work and the poor deserve their lot in life cause they don't know how to work the system and don't have the money to grease the wheels.

You may think there is a stark difference between privilege of wealth and corruption. But the good ol' boys who went to the right universities don't think it is an abuse of privilege to give other ol' boys the roles of power in society.

it's their just due.
Um, no. Actively seeking special treatment is entirely distinct from benefiting from preferential treatment that you had no part if creating. If you seek to defend the term privilege, then you should stick to its actual definition. As it stands you might as well just scream, "Eat the rich!" and be done with it.
Old 20th January 2017, 04:13 PM   #377448  /  #16
rachmarie
Equi-Feminist Extraordinaire

Read my posts with the following stupid accent: Buffalo, NY
have we a junior version of Jerome

Is not a Jiffy alt sock
rachmarie is offline   Reply With Quote topbottom
Old 20th January 2017, 04:15 PM   #377449  /  #17
rachmarie

So Andrew do you think a 70% blind person can just get a driver's license just by willing it happen?

Is not a Jiffy alt sock
Old 20th January 2017, 04:17 PM   #377450  /  #18
andrewclunn
Aspiring Super Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachmarie View Post
So Andrew do you think a 70% blind person can just get a driver's license just by willing it happen?
Near sighted, far sighted, or short sighted?
Old 20th January 2017, 04:24 PM   #377453  /  #19
Zeluvia
Send Cash or Drugs

What he said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gospel_of_Wealth

Old 20th January 2017, 04:40 PM   #377459  /  #20
andrewclunn
Aspiring Super Villain

Why do ugly feminists hate beautiful feminists?

http://feministgal.blogspot.com/2008...privilege.html

Could it just be that this whole thing is really just envy? Sure seems like it.
Old 20th January 2017, 05:02 PM   #377465  /  #21
Zeluvia
Send Cash or Drugs

so, you find random stuff on the internet and come here to troll with it !!

well done : )

have a cat pic.

Yay from
rachmarie (20th January 2017)
Old 20th January 2017, 05:12 PM   #377470  /  #22
rachmarie

I am totally blind in one eye, near sighted in the other eye. Plus other vision issues, On top of that, I am 80% deaf, and have some mild neuro and ortho conditions. So even though I am very much into LoA, mindset and personal development, a big believer in you can accomplish your dreams, I also know there are real issues of adversity that happen. That it is easier for some than others.

So it is BOTH.

Is not a Jiffy alt sock
Old 20th January 2017, 05:13 PM   #377471  /  #23
rachmarie

awww love that pic Zel

Is not a Jiffy alt sock
Old 20th January 2017, 05:16 PM   #377473  /  #24
Zeluvia